Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I like the funny part of "raids got facerolled"....

Anyone remembers how long it took for world 1st LK HC kill?

Or how many guilds actually managed to get TOGC 25 immortal run? Even with ICC gear... Won't even ask during TOGC as end-game content.

Anyone remember howw BGs were actually SUPERB FUN?!

I enjoyed leveling A LOT.

I used to spend countless hours in Grizzly Hills, just listening to music...

My guess is OP joined at the very end of LK.... if he thinks dungeons were facerolled. Every dungeon is a faceroll when you out gear it.

There's a reason why we call people who like wotlk wrath babies.

IMO a hybrid of wrath and cata is the ultimate experience to me. Wrath had some of my favorite story feel, between the "harsh north" concept, the viking themes, still feeling like just a soldier and not the gamechangerheroman.
    But cata was some of the peak for character customization. Glyphs, reforge, the old talent system, was really key.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferstwin View Post
    My guess is OP joined at the very end of LK.... if he thinks dungeons were facerolled. Every dungeon is a faceroll when you out gear it.
    Played all of LK
    Love LK
    LK dungeons were easy compared to both BC and Cata

Except occulus. People just could not handle the end of occulus.

Thanks for sharing this post.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I assume that it would be a studio where you can dance. If it was around today it would be once every two weeks and you would get a heroic raid level item for doing it.
    So you go into a room, type /dance and get piece of gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    In what way was leveling repetitive any different than any other expansion?
    No shit, but as soon as you got to level 80 you could unlock it.
    Dungeons were face roll if you were decked out in 213 gear, but really, what expansion's dungeons aren't other than Cataclysm at launch, which they then nerfed due to player complaints? I heard Burning Crusade was difficult too but was later nerfed/out geared as well. It's the nature of dungeons. Raids face roll? Maybe Naxx due to familiarity from Vanilla, but Ulduar and Icecrown Citadel face rolls were not.
    Most mounts in-game remain re-skins. "Here are more horses."
    Excuse me? Wintergrasp was probably the most engaging realm-wide world content ever. Everyone rushes to one zone to defend or claim it so they can do a raid exclusive to that faction if they've won. Beats the hell out of world quests and shitty world bosses.
    Every expansion has time gating. Wrath's in particular doesn't even jump out at me, what was gated? Raid wing opening times?
    More and more what? Be specific, if you're going to shit on an expansion regarded as top 3 by the player base in general, you have to do better than generic and cliche criticisms that apply to every expansion that is vastly inferior in design.
    Dramatically less dynamic than any expansion after it, but better than any leveling before it.

I agree here.

This just isn't true, most mounts are not reskins now and it feels like Wrath had a lot.

Wintergrasp is not world content, it is a single zone, the rest of Northrend had no real reason to revisit outside of specific hubs. Again better than BC and probably vanilla but not anything else except maybe WoD.

Timegating I agree isn't any worse or better.

Wotlk was good but only compared to what came before it.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I played this game from vanila until today about 80% of the time,i quit in bfa the most by far,and i almost always completed the hardest challenges,and i can with no issue say wrath was one of the worst xpacs ever,i had fun playing it yeah,but objectivly the game was just bad,dungeons were a joke,even on day 1,raids were the easiest they have ever been since classic,nothing to do outside pvp and raiding,rotation wise yeah,some classes were fun,but thats the case with every expansion,i loved stuff in cata and mop and legion,other times i didnt like the same ones,like how paladins got changed so damn much
    Sarth 3D was no walkover we progressed quite a long time for that at the start. Class balance was a lot better i could win vs any class, today an Arms Warrior can't beat even a Rogue which we used to hardcounter, can't even use your abilties when putting on a 1h and shield these days, its so restricticing. You are forced to do dailes and shit you don't want to, there is no WG or nothing for pvpers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Oh dont forget this.
    Literally the only expansion to have a right out fucking lie on the box.
    vanilla is not an expansion, but it had a DH on the box.
    Two lies - We never got the new dances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

TBC was the best expansion ever. Period. Wrath created wrath babies and was shit after Ulduar and by shit I mean dog shit.

At the end of the day its realy personal preference,

Id rank the xpac as following

TBC
    MOP
    WOTLK
    CATA
    WOD
    BFA
    Classic
    Legion

Alot will complain, but yes. These are my preferences.

Classic is a pure clusterfuck. Sure the world feels dangerous and all that. But i dont have the time to play a shitty 15 year old game. I dont let myself get driven by nostalgia. The game is just as shit as bfa.

Legion takes the cake for me.
    Dungeons great, mage tower was ok for abit.

Rest was total and utter fucking garbage. I for one do not see how anyone can like legion, but hey legion happend and i’m happy for the ones that enjoyed it.

If WOTLK had a stripped down version of group finder (not automatic grouping, manual selection like we have with M+ in live currently), progressive and important raid difficulty IE you have to clear naxx to get in to ulduar, you have to clear ulduar to get to TOC, you have to clear TOC to get to ICC, and they removed the EZ mode epics from the ICC dungeons / TOC dungeon then you've got yourself a really good expansion. Yeah it was a little grindy, but it was limited by technology available at the time.

Field Marshal
    3+ Year Old Account
    Arena seasons 6 and 7... Fucking blast! 3v3 was awesome :'D... The PvE content was inferior than Legion/BFA.
    But as an arena player you could do this simple amazing thing,
    log in and just queue arenas and get the best PvP gear (outside some ICC stuff)...

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Woltk has no right to the claim of being the best expansion while we have people complain about every little thing in newer expensions:

1. woltk leveling was repetetive

2. flying was locked at the beginning

3. dunegeons/ raids were mostly faceroll, if you did not artificaly increased the difficulty

4. most mounts were reskins

5. no world content

6. extrem time gating

7. more and more
    It's simple math. Players' skill has normal distribution. Something like this:
    1) Hardcore raiders - 1%
    2) Normal raiders - 10%
    3) Casuals - 78%
    4) New players - 10%
    5) Complete noobs - 1%

Back in Vanilla only 1% of playerbase saw whole content. Back in TBC only 10% of playerbase saw whole content. And back in WotLK content became accessible for WHOLE playerbase. Guess, why it was so popular and successful? Then in Cata Blizzard started to make game more hardcore again, that resulted in loss of subs. MOP wasn't more hardcore, but it took several steps towards wrong direction, instead of returning to right one. We all know, what happened next. MOP and Draenor caused so much damage, that game has never recovered since then.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Thats right, Cataclysm was the best expansion. Quick and enjoyable leveling, 0 grinding, explosive pvp, pve gear in RBGs, legendary items, Deathwing burning entire zones, Sinestra, Alakir and Ragnaros fights, big FIREHAWK mount, Dragon flights story-lines.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McCrazy View Post
    Who says, WotLK is the best expansion? I liked MoP and Legion a lot more.
    Opinions opinions. Why I agree with Legion being great, I really hated MoP and was among the expansions where I took the longest break.

Look, maybe it wasn't objectively the best expansion. In my opinion it absolutely was, but it doesn't matter. What made it so great, was that it had so many players that didn't matter what you wanted to do, you could find plenty of groups to join or people to form your own group. And almost all of them were enjoying the game, and almost all of them couldn't wait for the final patch to come so they could kill the Lich King. No other boss was "hated" so much by the players, the moment of him going down is still one of the fondest memories of everyone played WotLK when it was current. I can't even remember half the people I raided with in the following raids, but I still remember everyone I played with in ICC.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Woltk has no right to the claim of being the best expansion while we have people complain about every little thing in newer expensions:

1. woltk leveling was repetetive

2. flying was locked at the beginning

3. dunegeons/ raids were mostly faceroll, if you did not artificaly increased the difficulty

4. most mounts were reskins

5. no world content

6. extrem time gating

7. more and more
    1. Cuz that 12 hour leveling define how great a 2 years xpack was.

2. Erhm what? The only requirement was to get to lvl 77 or 78?

3. Yes that is what made it so great. So people that had never stepped a foot into a raid actual tried it. It was only the first tier that was undertuned. Ulduar and forth was quiet good tuned for the average player. And lets face it, most of the playerbase is the average player.

4. Oh yea, I think "insert xpack name here" was a great xpack cuz they introduced a lot of unique mount models. Come on. Even if that was the case, you got Invincible, Mimirion, Onyxia, Protodrakes, regular drakes, the bears, the mammoths, Frostwyrms and Dragonhawks. Feel like I have forgotten one, but might just be me. Those are all new unique models that was introduced into WOTLK and most of them are memoriable. People still remembers them and still farm for some of the cuz they are FUCKING awesome

5. after hitting exalted with the factions you needed and u had done your daily HC dungeon, then sure not much. Which actual gave you time to progress your alts which was awesome.

6. Extrem timegating? Hmm? Raids were open on day one. I guess the TotC and ICC was timegated with the release of a new boss/wing each week the first 4 weeks of those repsective patches. WOTLK was not perfect, but extreme timegating? Come on, seriously.

7. Such as?

This threads makes my stomach eat itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    No.. Wrath was the most POPULAR, but that does not automatically make it the BEST. The best expansion or period in WoW will differ from person to person based on their experiences with the game. Sure some might claim they had the most fun during Wrath, and they conflate that with it being the best.. but that isn't how it works.
    100% "best" is subjective, numbers are not.

So the best based on how many people played, WotLK, I just happen to be one of them that enjoyed Cata as well.