10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    To be fair, there are six-figure coal jobs. You just have to own the mine.
    And good luck. Even Trump Can’t Keep Coal Companies From Declaring Bankruptcy

Not directly related, but, the author is Chuck Jones. Therefore the rest of this post must now be read aloud in the voice of Bugs Bunny.

Eh, coal companies are reportin' disappointin' financial results and filin' for bankruptcy, Doc. It's an extremely tough financial environment as the price of coal has fallen 38% from its recent high in October 2018 and is back down to 2016 prices.

(sound of anvil crashing)

On July 1 Blackjewel filed for bankruptcy, which impacted about 600 woikers. While the mines have been bought by another company and minin' resumed in October, this ain’t exactly a picture of a healthy industry. *munches on carrot*

Another indication was Murray Energy, the nation’s largest privately owned coal producer and the thoid largest overall, filin' for bankruptcy at the end of October. This coincided with Peabody’s disappointin' results and cratered the Dow Jones U.S. Coal Index.

(sound of massive TNT explosion)

The U.S. Energy Information Administration or EIA’s data shows that, “between 2010 and the first quarter of 2019, U.S. power companies announced the retirement of more than 546 coal-fired power units, totalin' about 102 gigawatts (GW) of generatin' capacity.” It also appears that in the past few years power generation companies are willin' to retire larger and newer plants than previously. If this trends continues, future retirements should continue to have a large impact on coal miners, even though fewer plants are closing. Gruesome, ain't it?

The Association of American Railroads publishes weekly and year-to-date data on U.S. rail shipments. The latest information as of November 2 had coal shipments take a wrong toin at Albuquerque, down 7.8% for the year and a dramatic decline of 17.5% for the week.

Wow. Ain't coal a stinker?
    Simply put, coal is in a massive decline and everyone knows it. You, me, the US and the entire world. Only a complete and total maroon would dare campaign and run on reversing that force.

And that's all, folks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    and wouldn't necessarily have a crew onboard.
    Okay, well, silver lining and all that. Nobody wants US servicemen taken hostage by terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    His stupid ass almost copied Obama's tweet about Kobe Bryant, almost word for word, using similar words. Something we know he probably could have never done, someone else probably wrote that tweet.

Here is Obama's Tweet: https://twitter.com/BarackObama/stat...52460768202756
    About 4 pm when it was tweeted.

Then you look at Trump's Tweet: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...82230008619016
    Basically saying the same thing, but with a 4th grade fucking vocabulary. Almost 2 hours later.

Looks like the Einstein Visa using First Lady Melania, has given Trump some tips on how to steal ideas for tweets or speeches.

But look at the ratios. Obama has at the time of this post, 3.4 million likes and almost 600k retweets. Trump has 548k likes and 76k retweets.

Not surprising that Obama is liked more than Trump.
    Haha! This again is hilarious. I see Trump is taking pointers from Melania.

Trump's first tweet was dipshit spreading gossip more than anything else. Basically "I heard Kobe is dead..this sucks!". Yes, again as President you don't spread news its not his job. Make a well thought statement like President Obaman did and copy it.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Haha! This again is hilarious. I see Trump is taking pointers from Melania.

Trump's first tweet was dipshit spreading gossip more than anything else. Basically "I heard Kobe is dead..this sucks!". Yes, again as President you don't spread news its not his job. Make a well thought statement like President Obaman did and copy it.
    Yep, just imagine if Kobe hadn't died, and Trump spread that shit. His supporters would just be saying "It was a joke bro".

But then again, the morons that follow him, watch OANN, and Fox News, and believe that Trump hasn't done anything wrong.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/meghan...river?ref=home

Echoing shades of other conservative posters, Meghan McCain is trying to defend Mike Pompeo, the Secretary of State, to Adam Driver, a "liberal hollywood celebrity", for when Adam Driver walked out of an interview with Terry Gross.

I don't think I need to, again, point out the absurdity of the comparison, or the fact that conservatives are yet again looking to "liberal hollywood elites" to defend one of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/meghan...river?ref=home

Echoing shades of other conservative posters, Meghan McCain is trying to defend Mike Pompeo, the Secretary of State, to Adam Driver, a "liberal hollywood celebrity", for when Adam Driver walked out of an interview with Terry Gross.

I don't think I need to, again, point out the absurdity of the comparison, or the fact that conservatives are yet again looking to "liberal hollywood elites" to defend one of their own.
    No don't you understand actors are just as important as the POTUS' left hand man, the head of all U.S. diplomacy in the world, and the 4th in line to the presidency in the worst case scenario. So yes keep defending Trump and his people by comparing their actions to actors it in no way makes them look like fucking morons.

P.S. Oh and fuck Megan McCain stop defending Trump and his people when to this day Trump still insults your dad and treats him like shit well after he was buried in the ground. The fucking GOP puts party before God, country and family it seems. The party comes before all others to the GOP cult.
    Last edited by pathora44; 2020-01-27 at 06:46 PM.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1ZQ24N

With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

But only if they don't become a public charge.

Seems to be the amended version of this poem according to the Supreme Court.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good news for a change. 110 people in the US have been tested for the coronavirus.

"Why is that good news?"

The fact that not just a finite, but small, number is available suggests the spread is being actively attacked and slowed. They know where it's coming from and are blocking it. Maybe this is just some govt lie being spread to calm the masses, but I don't think so, not this time. And I'd rather not have an outbreak of a fatal disease.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1ZQ24N

With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

But only if they are white.

Seems to be the amended version of this poem according to the Supreme Court.
    Fixed it for you because we all know that is the real reason for this kind of shit Trump and the GOP pulls.

https://thehill.com/policy/technolog...up-with-racist

Newly selected head of the CBP was allegedly involved in the racist, sexist posts on the "private" group that was uncovered last year.

House is asking for more information, but this isn't remotely surprising if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    And good luck. Even Trump Can’t Keep Coal Companies From Declaring Bankruptcy

Not directly related, but, the author is Chuck Jones. Therefore the rest of this post must now be read aloud in the voice of Bugs Bunny.

Simply put, coal is in a massive decline and everyone knows it. You, me, the US and the entire world. Only a complete and total maroon would dare campaign and run on reversing that force.

And that's all, folks.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, well, silver lining and all that. Nobody wants US servicemen taken hostage by terrorists.
    Even coal here in Australia has been suffering on the global stage.

https://www.rba.gov.au/publications/...lian-coal.html

It is a bit older article but it just showcases what the world has known for a bit now. Coal is on its way out so the sooner we take it out back and give it the old yeller treatment the better.

The main reason coal is dying is natural gas. Once fracking became wide spread there basically was no saving the coal industry.

https://thehill.com/policy/internati...lan-on-tuesday

Trump will be rolling out his Israel/Palestine peace plan tomorrow at 12PM ET. Doesn't seem like they've been in close contact with all the parties, though -

“They did not speak with any of us. We do not speak to them,” chief Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erekat told The Hill when asked if Palestinian leadership was approached about the unveiling of the peace plan.
    Not sure how you can present a peace plan without talking with both sides, but I guess we'll learn more soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    The main reason coal is dying is natural gas. Once fracking became wide spread there basically was no saving the coal industry.
    Oh i agree completely. The problem is how many states / nations depend on that as the premier export is the larger problem and the ramifications it has on the overall global economy. The least amount of pain is my idea currently with this sort of thing.

Trump will be rolling out his Israel/Palestine peace plan tomorrow at 12PM ET. Doesn't seem like they've been in close contact with all the parties, though -

Not sure how you can present a peace plan without talking with both sides, but I guess we'll learn more soon enough.
    Well obviously everyone in the world is just a Trump employee that he can tell to do something and they do it. If they don't then he just fires them eazy peezy lemon squeezee all the problems in the world are fixed thanks to God Emperor Cheetos.

10+ Year Old Account

It's easy: The peace plan is called eradicate the Palestinians and give all the land to Israel.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.

This "Peace Plan" is going to be a hell of a thing. My guess is that it splits the Middle East between Israel and Saudi Arabia.

Other options (In order of likelihood) include:
    1) Poorly written platitude that does not mention any specifics at all.
    2) Incredible naïve document that references key flashpoints, but just doubles down on the US position with no compromise
    3) A somewhat detailed document that handwaves massive issues in favor of some pipedream where wars in the Middle East actually end.
    4) A heavily religiously referenced document that basically endorses the most radical strands of Zionism to stir up Trump's evangelical base
    5) A call for Pope Francis to start a new crusade
    6) Literally just the piece of toilet paper attached to Trump's foot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't seem like they've been in close contact with all the parties, though -
    The Palestinians (rightfully) walked away when Trump unilaterally took Jerusalem from them with not even a 10% off coupon in return. What little we know of the plan is "get other countries to pay the Palestinians money in exchange for what we did to them".

It's a non-starter. Trump can announce whatever he wants, there is no point in making a peace plan that involves the Palestinians. They won't sign anything. And I'm not convinced he's getting a bunch of money from other countries, either.

Trump is desperate to change the narrative from "even Team Trump now admits Trump should be impeached". This? This is a joke. Trump's trying to distract from his blatant criminal behavior with a joke.

https://www.ynetnews.com/article/BkcsbJsWL

At the end of the transition period, the Palestinians will be able to declare an independent state, but with limited powers. It will be completely demilitarized, it will have no control over its aerial space or border crossings and will not be allowed to form alliances with other countries.
    Yeah I doubt this will happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Yeah I doubt this will happen.
    "I tell you what," the Palestinians will say, "we'll sign this treaty that says you have zero control over border crossings, the very second you sign one that does the same thing."

Then they sat back, crossed their arms and smiled smugly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    "I tell you what," the Palestinians will say, "we'll sign this treaty that says you have zero control over border crossings, the very second you sign one that does the same thing."

Then they sat back, crossed their arms and smiled smugly.
    Watch absolutely nobody except the US and Israel protest the latter being isolated in that fashion lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.