Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    They need to admit they fucked up and just put corruption effects on a vendor. There is no reason one should be that far ahead of the others. The game is an rpg and gear choice should matter but there is a one answer for everything corruptions atm.

https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#m...ew=corruptions

Look at that winner/loser system if u get anything but first place ouch. This is the problem with the game and why gear can't be on vendors like in mop.
    It’s not that, it’s they need rng to slow progression so you don’t hear to quickly and stop logging in. With rng there is always a reason to keep playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyi View Post
    It’s not that, it’s they need rng to slow progression so you don’t hear to quickly and stop logging in. With rng there is always a reason to keep playing.
    With a vendor you'd have slow progression. The problem is one or two corruptions are god tier and everything else is worthless. The increases are also massive and not small. They need to add them to a vendor and make a 475 purchasable every 2 weeks. If one isn't being bought buff it or tune the other ones down. There is no diversity in gear bfa suffers from to many god drops.

Characters can gear for multiple things survivability, damage, aoe, cleave, and movement. If one trait is more sought after than the others that is bad design. Why have multiple traits if one is just that good.

The current way isn't slow progression it's purely luck based and once again luck is a bigger factor than skill. Which is kind of bfa thing. I'm so far regretting playing this patch. They don't know how to fix problems just create new ones.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2020-01-27 at 06:07 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Being out-dps'ed by tanks, lucky enough to stack BiS corrupted items, is kinda weird tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by This One Time At Bandcamp View Post
    Being out-dps'ed by tanks, lucky enough to stack BiS corrupted items, is kinda weird tbh.
    I know the damage of your corruption also scale with the ilvl of the item. So being lucky is even more important. If shit doesn't change massively in the next few weeks. I'm helping my guild get aotc than dropping my subscription. I'm done with this.

I can write my own games now, I don't have to play this one.

Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    So how did you skip them?
    You can skip the scenarios except the BWD once you do all of them once on your main.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    So how did you skip them?
    Talk to the NPCs when you'd get sent to a scenario, they offer a skip for all but BWD.

The rate to roll a corrupted item seems pretty low so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Yes, the DPS/Corruption points system is a decent idea. The problem is that balance is fucked massively now with some traits being twice as powerful per point of corruption if not more. If this would be closer, it would be much better.
    My God, I really hope they use the information from this week of raiding to rebalance the traits. If it's left like this for the whole expansion I don't know if I'll be able to stomach it.

My complaint is that some of these effects are way too powerful to be hidden behind multiple layers of RNG. Some of the effects literally contribute 15% of total damage in some cases in a boring passive manner. In terms of raw power, these make Legion legendaries look like toys.

Quote Originally Posted by avahle View Post
    My complaint is that some of these effects are way too powerful to be hidden behind multiple layers of RNG. Some of the effects literally contribute 15% of total damage in some cases in a boring passive manner. In terms of raw power, these make Legion legendaries look like toys.
    They need to increase our corruption resistance and remove corruption ranks from the game. That way you need multiple corruptions to get a massive advantage not just one drop and woops there is 15k extra dps.

What I want them to do is admit they fucked up and put corruptions on a vendor and if one is bought more than the others make changes. Don't try to hide poor design behind rng because your lazy. If you want to make an rpg make a fucking rpg where gear choice matters. I can't play another expansion with god rolls/god drops. The part that hurts me the most is they're all mindless outside of twilight devastation which requires two braincels instead of just zero.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2020-01-27 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by avahle View Post
    Do remember that the trait contributing 15% of ones damage also causes high enough corruption to totally fuck up your damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Do remember that the trait contributing 15% of ones damage also causes high enough corruption to totally fuck up your damage.
    Not really, 39 corruption is a joke to handle so you should be able to wear 1 of any piece you want as the highest corruption I have seen is 75 and you should have a passive 37 resistance now(and 45 is another week to boot).

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Not really, 39 corruption is a joke to handle so you should be able to wear 1 of any piece you want as the highest corruption I have seen is 75 and you should have a passive 37 resistance now(and 45 is another week to boot).
    Double eye tears you a new one unless you let the stacks drop.

Double eye tears you a new one unless you let the stacks drop.
    Dude, I'm a tank. A tank. I take damage every second damn near and at 34 corruption I have never seen a "double eye" so not sure wtf you're talking about like it's an issue for dps. If it can happen it's so rare that your cloak on use says hi bro. Not to mention you could you know... move the whole 7-10 yards out of it's range wooooo. If you think that is gonna lose you more dps then the corruption gains you well... lol.

I've been thinking, how much does infinite stars 3 raise your dps, when you calculate in the amount of movement you are forced to do due to the corruption?
    Depends on what you are.
    As an affliction lock? I can self dispel the slow. I can use my personal gate if I need to. Burning rush if really needed.
    And usually then that gives me the wiggle room to pop cape if I have to.

Meanwhile, infinite stars rank 3 did my top damage on Heroic Dark Inquisitor. It's crazy, and that's after the ilvl scaling change

I really like it. Gives the whole gearing process a bit of spice. An getting infinite stars won't make a top DD out of a bad player. Damage is not everything.

At some point you will have it anyway.

But i was one of the poeple who reeeeealy liked the legendary system from WoD^^

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    My God, I really hope they use the information from this week of raiding to rebalance the traits. If it's left like this for the whole expansion I don't know if I'll be able to stomach it.
    I expect there will be another round of tuning hotfixes tonight. Their last chance before the world first race kicks off. If not and it has a decent impact on the race, it will be talked about by world first guilds for a while and will be yet another blunder on Blizzard's part that could have been easily avoided with some simple tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I really like it. Gives the whole gearing process a bit of spice. An getting infinite stars won't make a top DD out of a bad player. Damage is not everything.

At some point you will have it anyway.

But i was one of the poeple who reeeeealy liked the legendary system from WoD^^
    Twilight devastation will on aoe fights tho, arms warrior 60% of his damage, sure you can totally outplay him right? lul.

Quote Originally Posted by Autoriot View Post
    I expect there will be another round of tuning hotfixes tonight. Their last chance before the world first race kicks off. If not and it has a decent impact on the race, it will be talked about by world first guilds for a while and will be yet another blunder on Blizzard's part that could have been easily avoided with some simple tuning.
    Part of me thinks they'll just pull another benthic and go "yea shit lads we fucked up, too late to change now". I really hope not but at this point I'm not holding out much hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    Twilight devastation will on aoe fights tho, arms warrior 60% of his damage, sure you can totally outplay him right? lul.
    As a raider there are not that many fights like this... and for single target you have infinite stars