Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    That's why I'm not grinding for the cloak and corrupted gear, I diverted my attention to level more alts and characters, a part of the game I still find fun!
    I think that's waht i'm going to do too.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I think that's waht i'm going to do too.
    It's awesome! Love boss coming up in February, I'll be doing that for the rocket mount and all my alts. Gives a good chunk of xp for a fun 2 minute fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    It's the catch up mechanics.

I can, in theory, spend maybe a couple hours and be somewhat on par with someone that's invested 1000 times more into the game, or the expansion specifically.

Back before.... probably MOP, you had to work your way up or hopefully have friends that can carry you through content. You didn't just play and get loot handed to you like candy. You had to actually work for it.

The legion artifacts and the BFA neck are flawed, there has to be a catch up mechanic or you're way WAY behind. There is no way around it. The rental pieces of gear are just tiring and annoying.

Stop tying mechanics and effects to pieces of gear, legion artifacts is a huge example by a far mile.
    I dont disagree with what you are saying, but claiming a fresh 120 can be equivalently geared to a player who has invested "1000 times more" into the game in just "a couple of hours" is extremely disingenuous. You could catch up to the beginner ilvl for that tier, currently 410-420, and it will take more than 2 hours, unless you are funneling 410 boa gear from a main, and even then the cloak questline alone will take most people 2-4 hours by itself.

Additionally, essences play a massive role in the current systems, and you will NOT have those, and many of those require days / weeks of rep to unlock. Your neck will also catch up quickly, but still be well behind the player who has invested "1000 times more".

The core players investing large amounts of playtime could easily be 440-450 ilvl, leaving you 30 ilvls behind, not an insignificant gap. Because of this higher ilvl, those characters will also have access to harder content, inflating the gap even further very quickly.

Are there players oout there who have invested huge hours into their character and remain at a modest ilvl? absolutely, clearly increasing their ilvl is not a focus for them, so they really cant be used as a comparable when discussing increasing ilvl quickly. You need to compare to other players whos focus is gearing and improving their character, and those characters will far exceed yours.

It's awesome! Love boss coming up in February, I'll be doing that for the rocket mount and all my alts. Gives a good chunk of xp for a fun 2 minute fight.
    Oh.. really? how much xp? I don't remember ever doiing it on a lower level toon

Korrah's revenge level?

That's why I'm not grinding for the cloak and corrupted gear, I diverted my attention to level more alts and characters, a part of the game I still find fun!
    Same. Also transmogs, mount, and pets. Because at least those things are permanent!

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Oh.. really? how much xp? I don't remember ever doiing it on a lower level toon

Korrah's revenge level?
    I mean, you can only do it once per day, but the lower level you are, the more xp. Level 20's get like almost a whole level to half a level, level 30's get like a third, level 40's like a quarter of a level, etc. It stops being worth it around level 70 and up, but below that, doing it real quick every day will progress your toon several levels during its duration. I've leveled toons dozens of levels just with a specific holiday boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Man View Post
    Same. Also transmogs, mount, and pets. Because at least those things are permanent!
    You're freakin' reading my mind!

Eh, it is about what doing what you enjoy. You are not supposed to be raiding because you like a higher item level. You get the higher item lever because you like the challenge of raiding.

Sure, the next tier will wipe the floor with your item level again. But you got the experience of kicking down challenges when they were frontier content. If you like that sort of thing, then those memories stay forever.

Of course, there are other reasons to pursue it these days. I want to max out my cloak to unlock that max level cloak transmog, and the backpack, and the mount. There is the Ahead of the Curve mount and achievement you could earn.

But if all you pursue item level for it to have a higher number... then you are not playing for reasons you will enjoy for long. Pursue it if it will let you do things you enjoy. If not, why burden yourself?

This is legit. Kinda where I'm at. I did wanna get the cloak on some alts, and I've done 2, but God damn that intro is pretty brutal do do over and over. Why are 2 scenarios skippable, but not the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    This is legit. Kinda where I'm at. I did wanna get the cloak on some alts, and I've done 2, but God damn that intro is pretty brutal do do over and over. Why are 2 scenarios skippable, but not the rest.
    I have a feeling they might make them skip-able in a future hot fix or mini patch, but even so, it's just so repetitive. Meanwhile I can enjoy past expansion stories and quests from different classes and characters' points of views at different levels, collect stuff I never did way back when with pets, armor for transmog and mounts--the replay wealth is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    Am I grinding for hours just to increase my dps for a single patch, to play dance dance revolution in a raid while pressing a few buttons on my bars, just to do it all again next patch?

It just seems so pointless. It's like cookie clicker, just some pointless numbers. At least in cookie clicker they aren't reset every few months.

Yes. After this patch all your shit will be worthless. Just like last time. And the time before that. And the time before that. Doubley so since this is the last content patch planned before the next expansion.

If you're not having fun then yes. Fucking pointless. If you are, then keep having fun. I do not understand how this concept is so difficult for people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    But we don't need to compare WoW to worse games do we
    I diden't list any worse games tho? Otherwise i would've said something like Final fantasy or GW2

So, you're asking why you're playing a videogame, basically.

... why *are* you playing if you feel like it's a chore now?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    In Vanilla it was this way a little bit, but even back then nearly every new raid would replace the majority of your gear. Starting in TBC outside of maybe trinkets you'd absolutely replace 95% of your gear every new raid tier.
    Replacing gear, yes. But you never felt useless. We started the BFA expansion with 6k dps and most likely will end around 100k dps. That's 16 times the power we had originally and we literally doubled our damage between every content patch. If you don't grind gear lets say for 30 days after a patch release you make only half of the damage opposed to someone who did. I don't know the rest of you, but this makes me feel literally useless and i just don't care anymore. Even if i find a group for doing dungeons or raids i just want to quit after seeing the huge difference and being a burden on my team. And this repeats after every single patch.

In Vanilla in MC gear you could still compete with those in BWL gear, now you can't beat the tanks if you miss a patch these days
    Last edited by Vilendor; 2020-01-28 at 07:30 AM.

Welcome to the end of an expansion? I'm guessing it's your first time.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    nope ur wrong, mmos never used to be to the degree wow is now
    ...why do people on here have this weird notion that there was this huge golden era where there was THOUSANDS of MMOs that was able to compete with wow

Most of them either

Barely did a lot with gear..see City of Heroes..
    Had expansions that didn't increase level cap...like Everquest
    or died before this could happen...see EVERY WOW KILLER

Same reason people play anything. It's fun and rewarding to do so. If it's not, look for something where you feel immersed enough to not notice that it can be broken down into numbers.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

troll account? but yea.. it is, but so is everything releated to gaming. What ever game you play you will at one point stop playing and therefor be pointsless.
    that counts doubble for any mmo. for it will be worthless every new expation.

I dont see it as such though, I play the game for the fun i have it, or the feeling of fullfillment when you set a goal and archive it. that not worthless

Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    Im ok with replacing gear every expansion. Im even ok with grinding out an initial grind for Allied races. I am NOT ok with grinding EVERY SINGLE EXPANSION for flying. Its stupid and needless. Im ok with making flying ONLY max level on THAT toon, perfectly ok with it but I shouldnt have to grind out 5 different reps EVERY Expansion for flying at max level
    you dont grind reps for flying. you get the reps for flying by playing the game normaly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Maybe mmorpg's arent a gerne for you.
    or any game
    do u know any game that stay relevant forever ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Thats why the first month and the last month of a Wow expansion are always the most active.