Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I guess the key to an "exciting expansion" is to start it off with mass genocide.

Well, uh...

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Cblizzard didn't listen to a lot of it in bfa beta
    imo BFA had a pretty impressive feature set when shown. Islands sounded great, dungeons, raids, heck even the neck/progress stuff sounded interesting when first revealed.

However, it's all about implementation. Islands were a rush to 9k azerite with little to rewards/incentives to do them. Same with warfronts. Warfronts could have been *amazing* but instead we got a strange instanced battle that you could not lose and offered little to no rewards for completing them.

Azerite armor on paper sounded good. Instead of set bonuses, you choose the bonuses you want, find the right piece from dungeons, and build however you want! However implementation was lacking and it ended up being just a mess that had to be undone and changed.

So the features they showed for Shadowlands look like they could be really impressive. Torgahst could be *amazing*. So could covenants. It could also be a total shitshow, we just don't know until they show us and hopefully this time they can listen and iterate on feedback. I'm struggling to imagine a WoW game that can retain players if it has another repeat of the mistakes of BfA

If what they have showed us is being worked on so it got quality, that to me is way better than twice as much with low quality. I do hope they focus on less stuff, but make that good instead.

Covenants looks nice, Torghast looks nice. Covenant got the possibility to be awesome, but it could also be another Garrison. Though I think the latter is very unlikely. It seems to be Class Hall, and if they make content for each covenant it could provide a lot of replayability. That together with awesome raids and mythic+ is enough for me. I don't need Islands, Warfronts, 2-3 assaults and so on.

From what we have seen so far I am not holding my breath for SL. I was really hyped for every other expansion before BFA.

how could it look boring before we've even gotten the alpha/beta lmao
    This isn't the same company. They are not in touch with the playerbase, they are hellbent on profit, and yea companies deserve profit, but not at the cost of the health of the game, and they became their own worst enemy. WoW was special not because of vanilla, bc, or wrath. No nostalgia here. It was special because of Blizzards involvement with the community, which is all but lost now. They changed everything into the least possible communication with the community.

Well, it will be the exact same gameplay loop, likely with more frequent time gates.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Wait till beta and closer to whatever release date to make assumptions about SL.
    This is very shortsighted considering how awfully BFA beta was handled.

What we were shown at Blizzcon is what we'll be getting. If you don't like the look of how little they showed, I wouldn't bother getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    Seems meh, more like a patch then expansion. Haven't preordered yet, gonna hold out and see how things go. The story just doesn't interests me anymore.
    It just looks like an add on to BfA. Which is extremely worrying.

What's really "new"?

New zones, new raids, new dungeons, new level cap. All standard fare.

The Tower looks like a mix of Islands and Visions.

Then you have Covenants which is just a new Rental ability system(rep grind) like Artifacts/Essences.

That's it really. Just more of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    Just seeing Sylvanas in that cinematic decreased any positive thinking about that expansion by a lot.
    Couldn’t agree more. Why continue a storyline from BFA, a lackluster expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    It just looks like an add on to BfA. Which is extremely worrying.

What's really "new"?

New zones, new raids, new dungeons, new level cap. All standard fare.

The Tower looks like a mix of Islands and Visions.

Then you have Covenants which is just a new Rental ability system(rep grind) like Artifacts/Essences.

That's it really. Just more of the same.
    lol it's no different than FF14's expansions, or any other MMORPG's expansions

every feature has always been a mix or new combination of existing features. features should be built upon

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    This is very shortsighted considering how awfully BFA beta was handled.

What we were shown at Blizzcon is what we'll be getting. If you don't like the look of how little they showed, I wouldn't bother getting it.
    Were only shown a taste of what is to come at blizzcon. Wait till beta is released than make your call. Could follow suit like wod was for legion or not who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    To people who think I shouldnt preorder a wow xpac, I have gotten my monies worth in every expansion. Just the leveling and initial gearing alone is fun enough for me to pay full game price.

- - - Updated - - -

This feels a lot like MoP to me tbh. People were like lol what? It was all brand new. New lore. New never seen/barely heard about zones etc. Now thats not to say that Shadowlands is going to be good, but im getting MoP vibes, and MoP is my favorite expansion.
    There is something to say about the expansion not being tied down to existing lore and characters much- apart from the Sylvanas-sized elephant in the room of course.

Personally I think Shadowlands will succeed if it manages to make what features it has fun. Make Thorgast even more fun than Horrific Visions, make Covenants an interesting choice with good stories, mogs and abilities, clean up M+ so it's not a trash bonanza, have a Mists/Legion tier patch cycle, and make good raids. Do this and the lack of truly innovative features will be irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alpha/beta and released will be closer than you think.
    But right now yes, aside Torghast and covenants, there's nothing ?

If you are complaining about the game looking boring after seeing the miniscule content they had to show, then you are just bickering to bicker. Its time for you move on and find another game. This one is obviously not for you anymore

I'm confused at how
    -An endless dungeon
    -Legendary system that seeks to keep the coolness of Legion Legendaries but do away with the RNG feelsbadness
    -Secondary talent trees
    -Choose-your-own badass ability and mobility spell ("oh but some of them are boring. I don't like them" okay, that's feedback for beta, not a "no features" argument)

Are not new features? I think "there wasn't enough demo content to demonstrate that they are deliverable features" is a totally valid criticism (though one that should wait until a bit of beta gameplay), but "not enough features" seems pretty silly. If you want a fresh and new experience, you need to find a new game, not an expansion for an existing game. I enjoy playing WoW, so I would like to enjoy playing WoW in the next expansion, with some cool new flavor.

Wanting a new game is fine, but wanting a new game from an expansion is silly.

Edit: forgot tons of new character customization and what could be the start of a wave of new xmog options (i.e. covenant backs expanding in more)
    Last edited by Spazzix; 2020-01-28 at 01:42 AM.
    SorryNotSorry

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Were only shown a taste of what is to come at blizzcon. Wait till beta is released than make your call. Could follow suit like wod was for legion or not who knows.
    But waiting would mean they'd have to stop squealing and crying long enough for beta to arrive.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

The potential of an end game system alone, that isn't an AP grind has me intrigued. Being able to gain a benefit from all the xp grinding you do while doing dailies or dungeon runs while at max level, and getting even just a tiny bit more powerful, is super worth it and makes every task you do feel rewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    But waiting would mean they'd have to stop squealing and crying long enough for beta to arrive.
    Well people complain about everything for a few days get bored than move onto something else.

Torghast seems AMAZING if Horrific Visions is "Torghast 0.5".

Outside of Torghast, it looks barren of new systems and content. Covenants is AP 3.0 and you also only get 25% of the choices available (and it'll be OBNOXIOUS if they don't hyper-tune the covenant abilities to be performance-similar), and... there's nothing else announced, so SL looks to be the least content of any expansion... unless they're saving more to talk about later.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzix View Post
    I'm confused at how
    -An endless dungeon
    -Legendary system that seeks to keep the coolness of Legion Legendaries but do away with the RNG feelsbadness
    -Secondary talent trees
    -Choose-your-own badass ability and mobility spell ("oh but some of them are boring. I don't like them" okay, that's feedback for beta, not a "no features" argument)

Are not new features? I think "there wasn't enough demo content to demonstrate that they are deliverable features" is a totally valid criticism (though one that should wait until a bit of beta gameplay), but "not enough features" seems pretty silly. If you want a fresh and new experience, you need to find a new game, not an expansion for an existing game. I enjoy playing WoW, so I would like to enjoy playing WoW in the next expansion, with some cool new flavor.

Wanting a new game is fine, but wanting a new game from an expansion is silly.

Edit: forgot tons of new character customization and what could be the start of a wave of new xmog options (i.e. covenant backs expanding in more)

-An endless dungeon - Looks to be amalgamation of Islands and possibly Visions. So basically mob grinding that will be relevant all expansion long. Minimal design effort will be needed, minimal assets. Seems lazy.
    -Legendary system that seeks to keep the coolness of Legion Legendaries but do away with the RNG feelsbadness. - There is literally no evidence of this yet. Just empty promises.
    -Secondary talent trees - YAY another rental system that requires a grind(rep like) and will be deleted at the end of the expansion. Because apparently its too hard to just give me a new talent row.
    -Choose-your-own badass ability and mobility spell ("oh but some of them are boring. I don't like them" okay, that's feedback for beta, not a "no features" argument) - You chose a Covenant to grind that comes with one class specific ability and 1 mobility/utility. There will 100% be one that is way better than the others which kind of eliminates "choice". You also can't swap these easily.