Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wtf kinda BS is this thread? Are we seriously complaining now that healers can't solo Visions? Why are there so many terrible healers that refuse to get a dps set? I've been playing a holy priest since Vanilla, and BC/early Wrath was the last expac that I did solo content in my healing spec as duel spec was added in the Ulduar patch. Don't get me wrong, I prefer to heal whenever possible, but I also don't enjoy taking forever to get shit done or being at the mercy of doing things whenever other people might be available to do things. And I'm a terrible ass shadow priest and I strongly dislike the spec (I've never liked DoT spec's... They feel so slow and blah to me), but the second duel spec was added I picked up shadow spec and never looked back in terms of solo content.

It's not hard to throw together a decent dps set as a healer. The game basically throws gear at you constantly, instead of instantly selling/scrapping/DEing it, keep the best of what you have that isn't for healing and toss a dps spec together. You don't even have to try hard at it, Just get your 3 azerite pieces and 2 trinkets from ANYWHERE man. It doesn't HAVE to be Ny'alotha, or EP. There's no way you still needed trinkets from every mythic + or needed trinkets off every boss back in EP, or now in Ny'alotha. Spec dps for those trinkets. It's personal loot for crying out loud, unless your guild forces you to give up your loot, grab what you need for both specs. The rest of the gear that isn't trinkets or weapons is the same for every spec, so if I roll shadow on a boss that drops a dps trinket and a shoulder upgrade I need for holy and I roll as shadow, I can still get the shoulder upgrade. But if I roll holy, I miss out on the trinket. This isn't hard. You don't even need to change the rest of the gear aside from trinkets/azerite pieces. It might be better if the stat priorities are wildly different (like for me between holy and shadow), but you'll do just fine for solo stuff without doing that.

I'm a casual player in terms of time I can spend in game. I have a job, 2 young kids, a husband that probably wouldn't appreciate if I spent every waking moment not at work or with the kids in WoW. I have SIX complete, properly traited and stated sets. A holy raid set, a holy mythic+ set (more haste/crit, dps traits, less mastery), a shadow raid set, a shadow mythic+/solo content set (traited for more aoe damage rather than pure ST), a basic discipline set and a set for when I arena as holy. There's zero excuse for why anyone else can't put together a SINGLE basic dps set for doing solo crap in a timely manner. Not to mention expanding your usefulness in raids, if raids are your thing.

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-01-28 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Removed Meme Image

Quote Originally Posted by dez1216 View Post
    Wtf kinda BS is this thread? Are we seriously complaining now that healers can't solo Visions? Why are there so many terrible healers that refuse to get a dps set? I've been playing a holy priest since Vanilla, and BC/early Wrath was the last expac that I did solo content in my healing spec as duel spec was added in the Ulduar patch. Don't get me wrong, I prefer to heal whenever possible, but I also don't enjoy taking forever to get shit done or being at the mercy of doing things whenever other people might be available to do things. And I'm a terrible ass shadow priest and I strongly dislike the spec (I've never liked DoT spec's... They feel so slow and blah to me), but the second duel spec was added I picked up shadow spec and never looked back in terms of solo content.

It's not hard to throw together a decent dps set as a healer. The game basically throws gear at you constantly, instead of instantly selling/scrapping/DEing it, keep the best of what you have that isn't for healing and toss a dps spec together. You don't even have to try hard at it, Just get your 3 azerite pieces and 2 trinkets from ANYWHERE man. It doesn't HAVE to be Ny'alotha, or EP. There's no way you still needed trinkets from every mythic + or needed trinkets off every boss back in EP, or now in Ny'alotha. Spec dps for those trinkets. It's personal loot for crying out loud, unless your guild forces you to give up your loot, grab what you need for both specs. The rest of the gear that isn't trinkets or weapons is the same for every spec, so if I roll shadow on a boss that drops a dps trinket and a shoulder upgrade I need for holy and I roll as shadow, I can still get the shoulder upgrade. But if I roll holy, I miss out on the trinket. This isn't hard. You don't even need to change the rest of the gear aside from trinkets/azerite pieces. It might be better if the stat priorities are wildly different (like for me between holy and shadow), but you'll do just fine for solo stuff without doing that.

I'm a casual player in terms of time I can spend in game. I have a job, 2 young kids, a husband that probably wouldn't appreciate if I spent every waking moment not at work or with the kids in WoW. I have SIX complete, properly traited and stated sets. A holy raid set, a holy mythic+ set (more haste/crit, dps traits, less mastery), a shadow raid set, a shadow mythic+/solo content set (traited for more aoe damage rather than pure ST), a basic discipline set and a set for when I arena as holy. There's zero excuse for why anyone else can't put together a SINGLE basic dps set for doing solo crap in a timely manner. Not to mention expanding your usefulness in raids, if raids are your thing.
    I am curious: how many hours per month do you play? If it’s above 30-40 you’re not casual in the slightest.

And many of us ultra casual don’t have a guild at all or anyways not a guild that carries you through m+ yo grab free gear for an alternate spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Now for some reason healers and tanks should respec and search the party for the content that was "supposed" to be designed for solo gameplay?
    This is a blatantly false statement. Blizzard did NOT design this strictly for solo gameplay. There's two rows in the talents that let you build towards solo play or group play, you can enter Visions as a group of 5. If you want to play solo, yes you should respec, but saying you don't have the option to do it without respecing is a flat out lie.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    You can run with up to 4 friends. This way you got a full healer for nasty moments.
    No reason to bring a healer. Just get a hybrid to off-heal here and there. Not enough healing for an actual healer to be worth losing all that dps.

To answer the OP: Yes, healers got screwed with horrific visions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    You all have a dps spec, use it.
    That's not the point being made. The point is its not possible, as a healer, to keep up an OS set near the level that a main spec dps can, so you'll always be somewhat of a carry: a main spec dps will be a better choice than a shabby OS healer. TLDR: it's definitely advantageous to be playing main spec DPS in regards to visions.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    That's not the point being made. The point is its not possible, as a healer, to keep up an OS set near the level that a main spec dps can, so you'll always be somewhat of a carry: a main spec dps will be a better choice than a shabby OS healer. TLDR: it's definitely advantageous to be playing main spec DPS in regards to visions.
    Advantage? Yeah, but I've been off specing dps on both my paladin and priest to do the visions with all my gear leaned towards healing and still able to complete them to the max (for now), so I don't think it's really a problem.

I don't know about you, but i consider it advantageous to have a good relationship to the healers i know for a variety of reasons. That generally includes helping them out at least occassionally.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I am curious: how many hours per month do you play? If it’s above 30-40 you’re not casual in the slightest.

And many of us ultra casual don’t have a guild at all or anyways not a guild that carries you through m+ yo grab free gear for an alternate spec.
    Who needs a guild to carry you through mythic+? Just find a group and run it... I mean, I could see maaaaybe dps needing a carry to up their iO since people are extremely picky about dps iO, but mythic 10 was the max (for ilvl from chest) last season and I was rarely turned down for a 10 PuG as a healer. I get maybe 2 hours a night for play, bar raid nights which is 3 hours. Weekends I get maybe 4? So lets see...18-22hrs a week? Again, the game basically throws gear at you. I'm drowning in gear for very little play time and not terribly high level play. I have less time now because the cloak dailies eat up a significant chunk of play time to stay current with the cloak. If I fall behind, it'll be due to lack of time, not because my dps set is sub-optimal, or because me playing as shadow is a touch laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by temp123456 View Post
    These visions just need some "Valithria Dreamwalker" type bosses on the extra areas, or just "Avatar of Sethraliss" type. then watch dps creating same type of threads ^^
    Thats the thing a lot of dps never seem to realize, they are almost never asked to do anything outside of their role of doing damage. Yet tanks and healers who are extremely important to all group setting of the game are consistently asked to do things outside of their wheel house. Somehow people still wonder why their are shortage of tanks and healers. Look at how they altered the dragon boss in ICC so more people could solo run their way to Arthas.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the harder visions (with masks) amplify the damage taken by a considerable amount (125%, if you're using 5 masks). Not saying healer will be ideal, or even meta, but some classes literally can't giga pull without amazing sustain (tanks, DH DPS) and that will be further exemplified when people start adding more and more masks to their visions. One healer might be pretty okay depending on your group size to allow pretty huge pulls.

For solo content? Respec I guess.

As a priest disc feels easier than shadow when soloing visions. But I don't have enough sanity to do two bonus areas, just one, but at least I got my cloak to rank 7 eventually.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    As a priest disc feels easier than shadow when soloing visions. But I don't have enough sanity to do two bonus areas, just one, but at least I got my cloak to rank 7 eventually.
    I did it as shadow, but seeing as how I'm pretty awful at it, I STILL only did 1 area. Just did it twice for rank 7. I was curious if disc would be easier, if not necessarily faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Thats the thing a lot of dps never seem to realize, they are almost never asked to do anything outside of their role of doing damage. Yet tanks and healers who are extremely important to all group setting of the game are consistently asked to do things outside of their wheel house. Somehow people still wonder why their are shortage of tanks and healers. Look at how they altered the dragon boss in ICC so more people could solo run their way to Arthas.
    As a dps monk.... I have been able to dps like 3 bosses on progression while healing farm and last season had to heal m+

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    As a dps monk.... I have been able to dps like 3 bosses on progression while healing farm and last season had to heal m+
    So something your guild wanted/needed you to do and you chose to do. That is your group wanting to alter the amount of healers per fight and you deciding how best to run dungeons, not the same thing at all.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by dez1216 View Post
    Who needs a guild to carry you through mythic+? Just find a group and run it... I mean, I could see maaaaybe dps needing a carry to up their iO since people are extremely picky about dps iO, but mythic 10 was the max (for ilvl from chest) last season and I was rarely turned down for a 10 PuG as a healer. I get maybe 2 hours a night for play, bar raid nights which is 3 hours. Weekends I get maybe 4? So lets see...18-22hrs a week? Again, the game basically throws gear at you. I'm drowning in gear for very little play time and not terribly high level play. I have less time now because the cloak dailies eat up a significant chunk of play time to stay current with the cloak. If I fall behind, it'll be due to lack of time, not because my dps set is sub-optimal, or because me playing as shadow is a touch laughable.
    20 hours per week is far from being casual. Things you do in-game can be casual, but that amount of time is nowhere near to casual, which means something like 1 hour per day or so.

I know the game throws gear to you up to ilvl 435-440 but the point is another: why being forced to switch dps? I mean I know that as tank I can solo slower, but at least I can. In an event where speed is the key, we and healers are clearly in disadvantage.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    This is a blatantly false statement. Blizzard did NOT design this strictly for solo gameplay. There's two rows in the talents that let you build towards solo play or group play, you can enter Visions as a group of 5. If you want to play solo, yes you should respec, but saying you don't have the option to do it without respecing is a flat out lie.
    Quit with this bullshit, again.

Visions designed the way that discourages DPS specs to invite healers in their parties. No one want to risk their vessels for the guy who may not compensate DPS loss with good heal, when you can roflstomp it solo or rush with 4 DH/Fury.

Visions are designed for DPS, and especially certain melee DPS specs.

>Blizzard did NOT design this strictly for solo gameplay.

Existence of solo option for Visions means it also was designed for solo gameplay. If it wasnt, then they would/should have never add it and make it pure group content, not AOE rush fest.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2020-01-28 at 01:32 PM.

As a disc priest iv had no issues clearing the lost areas+boss but i'm 458ilvl, yes i'm much faster as shadow but sometimes i can't be bothered changing.

The content is clearly aimed at clearing quickly and efficiently which you just can't do as a healer/tank and no amount of whining will change that.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I know the game throws gear to you up to ilvl 435-440 but the point is another: why being forced to switch dps? I mean I know that as tank I can solo slower, but at least I can. In an event where speed is the key, we and healers are clearly in disadvantage.
    Unless there is something else than time, or if it is compensated by something else (same concept as Islands, either go full DPS or pick a tank or a healer and you'll be able to do bigger pulls, hence faster grind if the mode is properly balanced).

If the mode is not properly balanced (so a tank or healer becomes a burden), then the content sucks for tanks and healers, which might stop altogether (given that said content is tied to legendary, so mythic raid, progression) and become even more scarce. There should be something something to compensate the "loss" of one DPS slot, I don't know, maybe some pickable or consumable items that puts a DoT on yourself while increasing your damage, so that could benefit tanks or groups with a healer, while being impossible to manage for full DPS groups. But then the community would find a way around this shit to benefit it even with full DPS groups, making the content trivial.

But I get that's nearly impossible to balance such content around 36 specs, so Blizz decided to not do it at all and throw Tanks and Healers (and sub-specs - what if Ret Pals, WW Monks or Shadow Priests were barely viable ? Should they commit sudoku ?) out of the window. This content can be done in groups so just get carried noobz

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Quit with this bullshit, again.

Visions designed the way that discourages DPS specs to invite healers in their parties. No one want to risk their vessels for the guy who may not compensate DPS loss with good heal, when you can roflstomp it solo or rush with 4 DH/Fury.

Visions are designed for DPS, and especially certain melee DPS specs.

>Blizzard did NOT design this strictly for solo gameplay.

Existence of solo option for Visions means it also was designed for solo gameplay. If it wasnt, then they would/should have never add it and make it pure group content, not AOE rush fest.
    Once again you clearly have no clue about how the game works. A tank and healer enable to pull entire areas in a single pull which is significantly faster than being solo, this also allows significantly more time to run around and open chests and obtain more mementos from the areas. The only way that you're "risking" your vessel is if you play poorly and don't do the objectives or get cocky and take unneeded risks, this applies to any way you choose to the visions group or solo.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

No reason to bring a healer. Just get a hybrid to off-heal here and there. Not enough healing for an actual healer to be worth losing all that dps.

To answer the OP: Yes, healers got screwed with horrific visions.

- - - Updated - - -

There are people that indeed need a healer that tops them. Most people ARE bad and therefore stand in shit or dont kick/cc.