Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I already quit retail like 5 'lows' ago.
    Anyway...
    It would be very sad checking people armory sites and seeing 0,01% drop chance from lootbox items on them...
    and then imagining how much they probably had to pay for these pixels...
    holy shit...

I wouldn't like paid RNG to be introduced in the game, after there is already so much RNG in the game, but I wouldn't stop playing over it.

I would quit immediatly. Transmog is to important to me. I don't want to pay more then i am allready paying.

The only games where such lootboxes don't bother me are games like LoL/TFT/DoTa/Overwatch. Where you do not have real connection to the character you are playing. The moment the make a paywall before accessing the best transmog would kill everything unique about the game.

Also: The BEST looking armor sets will have no prestige to them. And yes the would make the best armor sets for this. Look at the fey dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly with the current level of boosting available in WoW, is pay2win even a valid concern? The game already is pay2win.
    I agree with this. The boosting is ruining much more than people realize.

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    Yes, but it’s a reward for doing something.

Will edit my post and insert “paid loot boxes”
    That's when I would stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Padraigh View Post
    I agree with this. The boosting is ruining much more than people realize.
    Yes, I agree. Boosting should perhaps be an exclusive to the expansion to make it more valuable, but buying boosts from the website is just a bad move, it would encourage bad players etc etc list can go on

7+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't care as long as the loot in the boxes did not lower the quality of the loot (visually) in the main game as it has done in other games ie only the cool looking stuff is available in them which I think is bullshit.
    They have already kinda done this with mounts but they have gotten this stigma around them which help.

Black market boxes are practically loot boxes since you can buy gold with real life money.

Making lootboxes a toxic word for marketing is one of the few cases were internet outrage made the world better. I don't think we will ever have to worry about that.
    And not playing any game that has them has improved my bullshit to fun ratio while gaming by quite a bit.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Honestly with the current level of boosting available in WoW, is pay2win even a valid concern? The game already is pay2win.
    No matter how often you say it, boosting is no where near pay2win. It gives no advantage at all which is about the bare minimum requirement for pay2win: giving an advantage. The "Win" part.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Denizly View Post
    I wouldn't care. So long as the store only has cosmetic stuff it doesn't bother me one bit.

I've accepted that a in game store is a reality in every multiplayer game in current day and age. I'd advise everyone else to accept it too, as it's not going anywhere.
    People like you are so blind and naive and it is very sad you can't see the bigger picture and why the gaming industry is going downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by Denizly View Post
    I wouldn't care. So long as the store only has cosmetic stuff it doesn't bother me one bit.
    Why do people always think that cosmetic stuff would be no problem?
    Not everyone plays the game just for loot.

You can already buy gear with money, respecting the TOS since they introduced tokens, carry runs, ah gear, 3s selfplay boosts...
    The thing is none of that matters because wow isn't a game where gear carries you if you're bad at the game...

Do I still enjoy the game? Idc...
    Lootboxes have worked in my favor and never buy myself.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Would definitely stop playing. They'd make regular stuff look worse or simply boring to make you pay for cosmetics. Basic shitty business practice.

5+ Year Old Account
    Will edit my post and insert “paid loot boxes”
    How about those unopened black market caches going for hundred thousands of gold, which one would most likely have to acquire through tokens?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niffo View Post
    Black market boxes are practically loot boxes since you can buy gold with real life money.
    Sry, just read now you already wrote it. Precisely my point, too.

If Blizzard would have introduced paid loot boxes in WoW, would you think it’s a new low and stopped playing the game overall?
    Don't you mean Suprise mechanics?

This post was sponsored by EA.

- - - Updated - - -

True. But the prices and obscurity of the BMAH keeps it out of the mainstream.

Which reminds me I don't know where the BMAH is in bfa :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on details. You can already buy BoE items on AH or you can buy mythic raid and keep whatever dropped.

Na sorry. The amount of gold you need for a specific good piece of armor would cost you hundreds of € or $... i don't think there actually are many poeple who do this.

Technically you are correct. Which is the best kind of correct. But it is not the "real" lootbox. Also, they are limited. There are always just a set amount of items in the BMAH.

? You can buy a win. You can buy the majority of the achievements, you can buy entire runs where everyone siphons gear to you, the latest raid mounts.
    Pretty much this, almost all cosmetics lost all sense of value since account-bound rewards allowing “infinite” rolls and since they introduced the token. This is one of the main reasons I don’t play the game anymore as the game which is heavily collectible oriented these days is p2w. I know buying gold and getting boosted always existed but now you don’t even break ToS and blizzard was perfectly aware of that. So they could implement paid loot boxes if they wanted it, it wouldn’t hurt the game that much as this side is completely fubar