the internet ruined me

Apparently, the secret boss can literally steal your Kupo coin. One guy on Reddit posted that he/she beat him and then the boss just resurrected with 8 bars lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinese Bootlickers View Post
    Nortted.com
    Fucking LOL
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

I tried a data battle against young xehanort last night and... I am no nowhere good enough for these fights on Proud. I think I'll have to replay the game on an easier difficulty for this.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    I tried a data battle against young xehanort last night and... I am no nowhere good enough for these fights on Proud. I think I'll have to replay the game on an easier difficulty for this.
    The good news is the premium menu makes it pretty easy to beat the game quickly. I imagine speedrunners will get some pretty quick runs going.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    The good news is the premium menu makes it pretty easy to beat the game quickly. I imagine speedrunners will get some pretty quick runs going.
    I am already running Crit with the Premium menu enabled. But I am only doing thus to get Oblivion.

That being said, I like that they made it so Dual Form can be accessed with just Oathkeeper. Oathkeeper is turning out to be one of my favorite keyblades.

10+ Year Old Account
    running them on critical is probably some of the most thrilling boss fights i've had in years. Got Xemnas, Saix, Xehanort and Xion left. Finding a window to attack Xemnas is proving extremely difficult.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Ugh, I hate how much I forgotten where to go in Toybox. Or the fact that ingame directions are a shitshow.

"Head towards the window in Kids&Toddler's Outdoors." Just call it Playplace, cause that is what it is called on the outside of it. SHEESH!

Haven't played the game in a while, so that's why I forgot. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chinese Bootlickers View Post
    -snip-
    Why does Terranort look like he has a massive ballsack hanging there?

Anyway, I've seen some reviews about this dlc and... why are "JoUrNaLiStS" complaining about the bosses being too hard? It's so annoying when its working as intended and people bash it. I've only defeated 3 data battles on Proud. Luxord and Saix. Saix was very hard, it took me 3 hours and during the first 2 hours I couldn't even get past his first DM, then I learned his moves and did it. Larxene was quite easy, got her on my 4th try.

Then I quit and restarted the game on Crit because I wanted to fight them on that difficulty. It's really rewarding beating one of these bosses, at first you don't know anything and you gradually learn when to block or dodge and when to attack. It's satisfying as hell.
    Last edited by Xilurm; 2020-02-02 at 04:49 PM.

(Some) Game journalists are notorious for disliking the Kingdom Hearts franchise IIRC, so of course they're gonna look for any reason to bash anything KH related.

Not that the franchise is a masterpiece, but complaining about the data boss fights being too hard is a bit petty, considering the rest of the game is on the easy side. Nothing wrong with fights being hard IMO.

Alright, now you're just showing off.
    ywn be that good ;A;

I don't see many journalists complaining about the difficulty, most just giving it meh scores due to recycled content and not feeling it's worth replaying the whole thing over for some minor revelations and changes. And that's fair- it was a DLC made for super fans not everyone. I'm not sure why we try to turn anything journalists say is meh into "it was too hard for them!" when shit like Sekiro is getting great scores and won GOTY from the media.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think theyre a bit too much. Minute+ long dms and extremely fast attack cycles with unblockables thrown in there AND some of them dm at 1 hp because no you didn't actually win. Im 5 down on crit and xy at level 50 with a few black codes on, but ive been too busy with wow and very sick to really give it serious time
    Last edited by Video Games; 2020-02-04 at 03:55 PM.

Missed opportunity: being able to choose who you play as in data battles. I wanna smash Xemnas' face in as Kairi.

Anyone keep up with the events of Union x?

Apparently the current plot line is "who is the imposter Union Leader?" And the fans assumed it would be the same person who'd killed Lauriam's sister, and that the imposter is Ventus.

Well, the imposter is indeed Ven, but it looks like he was unaware of this. So the current theory is that the reason he's unaware that he is an imposter is because he was set up to be the imposter by someone or something else.

And Maleficent was lead to the Ark by her companion during that time period, which only describes itself as "Darkness". And low and behold the Ark is a device we've seen before, we saw it in the original Kingdom Hearts near the end.

To go along with the previous theory is that Darkness is Vanitas, and that he disguised himself as Ava in order to plant Ven as a Union Leader, possibly because he needs to store himself away in order to make sure he goes to the future alongside Maleficent and the other Keyblade wielders of that era.

Of course, this is all from a short video summary I've watched. It was just something I thought was a neat turn, even if Union X isn't a game I play.

I wish I wasn't just limited to 9 save slots per user account on my console. I found myself making saves at individual points during the DLC segments. Had to delete some of my saves in order to make room for my next playthrough which is gonna be a legit (aside from cooking) playthrough.

Well got Oblivion, and cheated my way through the data battles and the secret boss (EZ Codes). Will do them legit later.

Yeah, being stuck with 9 save files kinda sucks. I was able to have(still do) 87 bajillion of them on an 8 mb memory card, yet I'm stuck with only 9 on something with infinitely more storage space.

I kinda hope the next Kingdom Hearts (non-mobile) game takes a break from the "Movie" worlds and focuses more on worlds made for the franchise. I mean, yes, it's still a Disney franchise, but it doesn't need worlds based on Disney movies to be Disney. Just make it so the worlds in there are unique and exclusive for the game and it should be fine.

One of my major problems with KH3 are the Disney worlds (namely Arendelle). It'd be one thing if the worlds had unique stories to them; like San Fransokyo, even though it's a bit cringe at time, was miles better than "lets recreate Frozen in Kingdom Hearts 3!"

One thing I am fascinated by is the secret ending(s) in the Secret Episode. Luxord (seemingly) being from the same world as Yozora is a big surprise. I thought there couldn't possibly be any bigger plot twist than Xigbar being Luxu, or MoM being the one to set Xehanort on his path. Anyway, while we only get to see a short glimpse we see of Yozora's world, it might be a sign that Nomura is either trying to branch Kingdom Hearts off Disney Movie worlds, or is still really salty about his pet project being turned in to a main line FF game and getting kicked off the team. Or maybe both. I hope we see more of Verum Rex world in the future.
    Last edited by RampageBW1; 2020-02-08 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post

One of my major problems with KH3 are the Disney worlds (namely Arendelle). It'd be one thing if the worlds had unique stories to them; like San Fransokyo, even though it's a bit cringe at time, was miles better than "lets recreate Frozen in Kingdom Hearts 3!"
    I don't mind it so much because KH has always been guilty of just retelling the movie it's just that 3 is the first time they can so accurately recreate the films which were pretty fun to see. Arandale only falls flat because Sora and crew have very little interaction with the characters or the actual plot of the film. It's just Sora, Donald and Goofy going up and down the mountain while the movie happens around them. Not sure how that happened but as long as they don't do that again in the future it should be fine. I'll be more interested in seeing what Pixar films they do next since those are now on the table.

I guess I'm gonna have to go back and play KH 1 and KH 2 and figure out what the hell they're about.