Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    soooo? its released now? i didnt buy reforged but i can still install from bnet right cuz i have the old ones or how does this work, dont tell me that to play w3 again i have to buy reforged...

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    soooo? its released now? i didnt buy reforged but i can still install from bnet right cuz i have the old ones or how does this work, dont tell me that to play w3 again i have to buy reforged...
    you have to pay for reforged... sorry bud

3+ Year Old Account
    You know, I completely forgot that I had preordered this. Looking forward to playing it after I get home from work.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamsillo View Post
    you have to pay for reforged... sorry bud
    even if i dont want to play reforged,?? just normal w3

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    you do realise that the game can and has been played for 20 years already? its just a texture update, nothing else.
    Wasn't marketed as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Wasn't marketed as such.
    Well obviously Blizzard wants people to think its new. Funny thing is, it works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Wasn't marketed as such.
    Thats what kind of let me down about Reforged, I knew what I was expecting going into it, it was meant to be an update a remake, new lore details fixing retcons that the current game has made over the years. The only things I knew what were being kept was the CGI cut scenes.

Now its just a glorified HD remaster and I would have been fine with the remaster had it had the new stuff too, but the old version still works on my computer whats the point of getting this new one?

What sucks more is now this game (because of it's shitty marketing) will sell like crap and be blamed going forward on why we will never get a Warcraft 4. 'Well RTS don;t sell, see we put out Reforged and no one purchased it', you just know that's the corporate mentality they have.
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-01-28 at 12:41 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really like warcraft 3 and all, but I just think the game looks very bad.

It's a Reforged edition and should look better, but check this screenshot below. Looms like someone who just discovered 3d studio max and made his first 3d scenario.

The character looks like a 3d character that's took out of place, in a background that doesn't fit it whatsoever.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    It's a remaster of a 20year old RTS, how much do People have to know? Goddamn the entitlement is real these days.
    They promised us new campaign and new voice actors that was cut, as well as the new UI that also looks like it will be cut.

- - - Updated - - -

you do realise that the game can and has been played for 20 years already? its just a texture update, nothing else.
    and the devs aren't even responding to the complaints of the day 1 bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    They promised us new campaign and new voice actors that was cut, as well as the new UI that also looks like it will be cut.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they know about them and are working on them. In the meantime, you can play the old version. Its the same thing, just different wrapping.

3+ Year Old Account
    I think they know about them and are working on them. In the meantime, you can play the old version. Its the same thing, just different wrapping.
    I hope so, and I hope they listen to my 2 megaposts of the inconsistencies in WC3, and the unique campaign models not yet released

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, the entitlement.. "OMG THEY DONT RESPOND WITHIN 12 HOURS WORST GAME OF THE DECADE NAO!"... get of your high horse, and accept that developers =/= community managers =/= people in charge.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Wow, the entitlement.. "OMG THEY DONT RESPOND WITHIN 12 HOURS WORST GAME OF THE DECADE NAO!"... get of your high horse, and accept that developers =/= community managers =/= people in charge.
    ok

u mad bruh?
    Last edited by Ardenaso; 2020-01-28 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    Reminder that WC3:Reforged is a $50 skin pack.
    It costs 30$, how do come up with these statements? What kind of narrative needs this kind of strawmen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope Blizzard said themselves everything they promised was going to be cut, it was reported about 3 months ago. There were reports to fix retcons new voice actors to fit the current ones, redesigning maps and new scenes. Blizzard scrapped them all apparently because people cried on the forums... Not sure I buy it though

https://www.pcgamer.com/warcraft-3-r...-voice-actors/

Seeing my original posts on this thread would have you see how pumped I was for this. Heart broken

Now what we have is a 'prettier' Warcraft 3. In which I might as well play the game that still runs on my computer.
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-01-28 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post

It's a Reforged edition and should look better, but check this screenshot below. Looms like someone who just discovered 3d studio max and made his first 3d scenario.

The character looks like a 3d character that's took out of place, in a background that doesn't fit it whatsoever.
    I assume you always completely zoomed in when playing WC3 back in the days and it looked sooo awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post

Complains that playing in Third person on a Top Down RTS looks bad..........wut............. The game looks great played the way its meant to be played, in an Isometric top down view.....
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Nope Blizzard said themselves everything they promised was going to be cut, it was reported about 3 months ago. There were reports to fix retcons new voice actors to fit the current ones, redesigning maps and new scenes. Blizzard scrapped them all apparently because people cried on the forums... Not sure I buy it though

https://www.pcgamer.com/warcraft-3-r...-voice-actors/

Seeing my original posts on this thread would have you see how pumped I was for this. Heart broken

Now what we have is a 'prettier' Warcraft 3. In which I might as well play the game that still runs on my computer.
    Oh, must have missed that. I always thought that this was just a WC3 update of the game, so it looks better. Havent bought it since I have the original game anyway

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    It costs 30$, how do come up with these statements? What kind of narrative needs this kind of strawmen?
    probably a different country perhaps? Here in the Philippines, 30$ is P1524 but the game was sold at P1650 - around 32.5$

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, must have missed that. I always thought that this was just a WC3 update of the game, so it looks better. Havent bought it since I have the original game anyway
    now you know

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    It's a remaster of a 20year old RTS, how much do People have to know? Goddamn the entitlement is real these days.
    What?!
    They should not speak to people about what exactly they are asking 30 bucks for? They marketed as a remake, not remaster, including stuff like actually updated campaign, not just better graphics. Matchmaking, UI, improved World Editor, etc.
    And then they went silent for almost a year (IIRC, 10 or 11 months). Like, absolutely silent, not a single post. And then we find out that hey, campaign will not have those fancy cutscenes, because supposedly people were against them, no audio changes, etc.
    Yeah, indeed, why would they ever speak to us about a remaster...