Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Dying Azeroth: Blood from Wound vs. Old Gods

So, at the beginning of BfA Magni calls us to the chamber of Heart in Silithus, where the big sword is buried and "killing" Azeroth, making the Titan world bleed everywhere. So we needed to gather all Azeroth blood into the Heart of Azeroth to save the Titan from dying.

So in 8.3 we kill NZoth with the Heart of Azeroth and we are the hero of the Titan.

Ok.

So wasn't Azeroth dying because of the sword and all the bleeding? Wasn't the Heart of Azeroth supposed to use all the gathered Azerite to heal the planet and restore it... (or destroy the sword or something like that...)?

N'Zoth's attack was in 8.3, aka at the end of BfA. So suddenly the last patch comes, and Azeroth is saved from death because of the death of N'Zoth? ... WTF?

This is really the problem of BfA: its a complete Frankenstein in terms of storytelling. All ideas seem hammered and they don't seem to connect with each other.

Is it only me who is totally disappointed about the end of BfA?
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2020-01-28 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    So, at the beginning of BfA Magni calls us to the chamber of Heart in Silithus, where the big sword is buried and "killing" Azeroth, making the Titan world bleed everywhere. So we needed to gather all Azeroth blood into the Heart of Azeroth to save the Titan from dying.

So in 8.3 we kill NZoth with the Heart of Azeroth and we are the hero of the Titan.

Ok.

So wasn't Azeroth was dying because of the sword and all the bleeding? Wasn't the Heart of Azeroth use all the gathered Azerite to heal the planet and restore it... (or destroy the sword or something like that...)?

N'Zoth's attack was in 8.3, aka at the end of BfA. So suddenly the last patch comes and Azeroth is saved from death because of the death of N'Zoth? ... WTF?

This is really the problem of BfA: its a complete Frankenstein in terms of storytelling. All ideas seem hammered and they don't seem to connect with each other.

Is it only me who is totally disappointed about the end of BfA?
    We should have had a proper ending cinematic showing how we use the reorigination device to erase the sword as well as N'yalotha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Azeroth be like:

"Is there a problem?"
    Or to quote JC denton: "I don't feel anything."

But seriously are we even surprised at this point that blizzard forgot what was even the beggining point for whole expansion? They just wanted to wrap it as soon as possible.
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2020-01-28 at 05:50 PM.

it's like there's 10 different people writing the story rn and they don't talk to each other, everything feels so disconnected and half finished

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    We should have had a proper ending cinematic showing how we use the reorigination device to erase the sword as well as N'yalotha.
    I don't get Blizzard... it seems they totally forgot about what the expansion was about since the beginning...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Azeroth be like:

"Is there a problem?"
    Or to quote JC denton: "I don't feel anything."

But seriously are we even surprised at this point that blizzard forgot what was even the beggining point for whole expansion? They just wanted to wrap it as soon as possible.
    That seems very accurate for the 8.3 Azeroth
    It is sad they didnt even try to make a logical end

10+ Year Old Account
    The 'save Azeroth' story definitely feels like someone forgot about it, which is ironic AF given the expansion is called Battle for Azeroth.

The blade was dangerous back when it was seeping dark red energies, which were corrupting the World Soul. The corruption was drained by the artifacts at the end of Legion and the sword went dormant. Even if it is still stuck in the planet's core and should be removed, it is not longer an immediate threat.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get Blizzard... it seems they totally forgot about what the expansion was about since the beginning...
    Or they just rushed 8.3 so much. Chances are any sort of "conclusion" was meant to be in 8.3.5.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    The blade was dangerous back when it was seeping dark red energies, which were corrupting the World Soul. The corruption was drained by the artifacts at the end of Legion and the sword went dormant.
    Its basically a very elaborate hair ornament now. Some girls wear ribbons or bows. Some just jam claymore into their forehead.

For draenorrrrrrrrrrrrr

5+ Year Old Account
    Nah, who cares about that lil' sword in Silithus, not to mention !@#$ing N'yalotha, when we've had a bunch of HD cinematics about the whereabouts of Sadfang & co. /s
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    it's like there's 10 different people writing the story rn and they don't talk to each other, everything feels so disconnected and half finished
    I have another theory... they plan topics in an excel sheet for each patch... and then they just hammer the ideas into the game just because it feels good for the story of that single patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Is anyone NOT disappointed by this clusterfuck?
    It's sad really, and it's Blizzard's own fault
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2020-01-28 at 05:58 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    to be fair that could still happen...

Honestly, the purpose of the Heart and Azerite was all over the place from the start anyway. At first we were getting it to save the planet - as soon as we got to KT/Zandalar, we were using it to help our factions in the Fourth War. We didn't ever really try to stop our factions from misusing it at all, and in fact helped our factions set up bases near giant Azerite veins (like the Goblins in Drustvar).

Let's not forget when Azshara told us that "the King of Diamonds has been made a pawn" calling back to Il'gynoth's quote in Legion. It implied that the Heart of Azeroth had been created and empowered by the will of the Old Gods, in order to release N'Zoth. That was forgotten about immediately afterward, as well, with the story instead being that they learned about the Heart, and simply made use of it by trapping the Alliance and Horde there.

It's pretty clear they were flying by the seat of their pants with this story. I can understand not taking out the sword right away from a technical standpoint, since that would be another phase of Silithus or something. But, it doesn't bode well to go to the Heart Chamber, where the druids and shaman outside are like "THE PLANET IS DYING" and "IF WE CAN'T STOP THIS CORRUPTION THE PLANET IS DOOMED" while Magni praises us for saving Azeroth.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Honestly, the purpose of the Heart and Azerite was all over the place from the start anyway. At first we were getting it to save the planet - as soon as we got to KT/Zandalar, we were using it to help our factions in the Fourth War. We didn't ever really try to stop our factions from misusing it at all, and in fact helped our factions set up bases near giant Azerite veins (like the Goblins in Drustvar).
    Well that was massive derp from the start. "Mining azerite kills azeroth, btw go to some islands and mine azerite".

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    For draenorrrrrrrrrrrrr
    I'd say this is worse. Atleast with Dreanor the unresolved plot was nuremberg trials and mopping up the last of the Fel Horde. Not leaving the entire plotline of the expasion unresolved.

Or they just rushed 8.3 so much. Chances are any sort of "conclusion" was meant to be in 8.3.5.
    Well, 8.3.5 was scraped off ... so i guess there probably won't be anything ingame related to that.

Months ago I thought Shadowlands was going to be opened because Azeroth was dying, but now we know that not even dying Azeroth had anything to do with the next expansion
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2020-01-28 at 06:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, 8.3.5 was scraped off ... so i guess there probably won't be anything ingame related to that.

Months ago I thought Shadowlands was going to be opened because Azeroth was dying, but now we know that not even dying Azeroth had anything to do with the next expansion...

Honestly i don't expect that sword to go anywhere anytime soon. They will deinately not work on another silithus revamp, and seeing how much they wanted to wrap things up i dont see them bothering with any cutscene. Chances are we won't see it gone until either next world revamp (as if it would ever happen) or when they decide to use it as plot device for something.

Months ago I thought Shadowlands was going to be opened because Azeroth was dying, but now we know that not even dying Azeroth had anything to do with the next expansion
    I mean. That would of been a much more logical bridge then Sylvanas breaking the Helm of Domination.

But the current story team reeks of doing things because they are cool rather than them making sense. Granted even Metzen was guilty of that but he could still cobble a semi-decent story together while adhering to the “rule of cool”.

No, they didn't. They were hoping that you would forget. Shitty writing 101.

Well that was massive derp from the start. "Mining azerite kills azeroth, btw go to some islands and mine azerite".
    Right? It made the tiniest bit of sense to funnel the power into the Heart of Azeroth to heal the planet itself - though the only time we ever did that was when we got it, and repaired the Heart Chamber right away. Otherwise we just hoarded it, used it as a weapon, used it for fireworks, and released an Old God. Oops?
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.