Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Honestly i don't expect that sword to go anywhere anytime soon. They will deinately not work on another silithus revamp, and seeing how much they wanted to wrap things up i dont see them bothering with any cutscene. Chances are we won't see it gone until either next world revamp (as if it would ever happen) or when they decide to use it as plot device for something.
    Still under the impression in whatever expansion it is Azeroth wakes up asa full titan and used the sword herself to battle the void lords with the other titans (even Sargeras) and her champions.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Right? It made the tiniest bit of sense to funnel the power into the Heart of Azeroth to heal the planet itself - though the only time we ever did that was when we got it, and repaired the Heart Chamber right away. Otherwise we just hoarded it, used it as a weapon, used it for fireworks, and released an Old God. Oops?
    That's why I'm so happy with my "Servant of N'Zoth" title. It's the only thing that might remotely make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    That's why I'm so happy with my "Servant of N'Zoth" title. It's the only thing that might remotely make sense.
    Does it? Why would anyone want to serve that loser?

Azeroth is clearly going to transform into a giant lady and wield the sword herself.

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    it's like there's 10 different people writing the story rn and they don't talk to each other, everything feels so disconnected and half finished
    yeah except... what "half"?
    they didn't menage finish even one "major" storyline, in like... a decade or so.

5+ Year Old Account
    Well, as a Horde player, Tentacle Boi has way more style than Sylvie and, unlike Baine, he isn't sucking Anduin's !@#$ 24/7. So I guess it's the lesser evil for us Hordies
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, as a Horde player, Tentacle Boi has way more style than Sylvie and, unlike Baine, he isn't sucking Anduin's !@#$ 24/7. So I guess it's the lesser evil for us Hordies
    Its sad because its true.

I guess they will add a short dialogue(or quest "speak to Magni") where you learn that you lost Heart of Azeroth to heal the woons and go enjoy Shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I can even serve Xe'ra to avoid human potential.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I mean,maybe people did before he got cucked by Blizzard's writing team

But now...well,you know....

Honestly i don't expect that sword to go anywhere anytime soon. They will deinately not work on another silithus revamp, and seeing how much they wanted to wrap things up i dont see them bothering with any cutscene. Chances are we won't see it gone until either next world revamp (as if it would ever happen) or when they decide to use it as plot device for something.
    Well unless there's a way to close up the wound that's likely hundreds of miles long and dozens wide in a few minutes due to how much Azerite would bleed out then the safest option is to leave the sword where it is. Biggest mistake people have with stabbings and such is think first option is to pull it out.

Azeroth was no longer being corrupted by the sword when we used our weapons on it. Her vitals were stabilised when we first went into the chamber. Those were the two biggest threats to her with immediate effect.

- - - Updated - - -

As an old god, directly or indirectly he's done a lot more than the other 3 combined.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    So, at the beginning of BfA Magni calls us to the chamber of Heart in Silithus, where the big sword is buried and "killing" Azeroth, making the Titan world bleed everywhere. So we needed to gather all Azeroth blood into the Heart of Azeroth to save the Titan from dying.

So in 8.3 we kill NZoth with the Heart of Azeroth and we are the hero of the Titan.

Ok.

So wasn't Azeroth dying because of the sword and all the bleeding? Wasn't the Heart of Azeroth supposed to use all the gathered Azerite to heal the planet and restore it... (or destroy the sword or something like that...)?

N'Zoth's attack was in 8.3, aka at the end of BfA. So suddenly the last patch comes, and Azeroth is saved from death because of the death of N'Zoth? ... WTF?

This is really the problem of BfA: its a complete Frankenstein in terms of storytelling. All ideas seem hammered and they don't seem to connect with each other.

Is it only me who is totally disappointed about the end of BfA?
    The sword was killing Azeroth partly because all of the fel that was in it, we took care of that by getting sacrificing our artifacts. The azerite we've been gathering HAS been healing Azeroth, there's not one big hand wave where it goes "boom it's healed" it's been a gradual thing every time the holder of the Heart gathers azerite. There's never been any talk of gathering Azerite to destroy the sword, or even to destroy it at all, so that's an assumption on you. Also by destroying N'zoth Azeroth is now officially Old God free and safer than she's honestly ever been, so we HAVe saved her.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Blizzard story template:

Once upon a time.....
    Oh fuck it!
    The End

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Is anyone NOT disappointed by this clusterfuck?
    Blizzard itself. Here's their greatest statement in all of their history: "The team hopes that when Battle for Azeroth's story concludes and the "last funeral pyre is lit" players will have seen it as a great story that changed the world of Azeroth." Now, that was quite before 8.3 was released, but then again they always talk how they plan things in advance and how by the time an expansion is released the next one is already worked on so likely when they made that statement they already knew how BfA was going to end. After all, that claim wouldn't even make sense otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    No, they didn't. They were hoping that you would forget. Shitty writing 101.
    Well, no. What they were hoping is that people would see BfA for their magnum opus once they learned its ending (see above). Now, admittedly, for that to actually work players would have to forget about pretty much everything that has happened in this expansion but I kinda doubt that's what they meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Well that was massive derp from the start. "Mining azerite kills azeroth, btw go to some islands and mine azerite".
    The entire point of giving us the Heart of Azeroth was so that Azeroth got the power back when WE mined it instead of it being stolen away. Thanks for proving to everyone that you have terrible reading comprehension. Then again, you're so desperate to find ways to bash on WoW.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-01-29 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Received Infraction
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

People are willingly serving Anduin despite his choices constantly bringing misery to his own people and needlessly prolonging the war, with the Alliance still existing only because they had pocket Deus Ex machina generator and because Sylvanas was too busy gargling on the idiot ball the size of Betelgeuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    The entire point of giving us the Heart of Azeroth was so that Azeroth got the power back when WE mined it instead of it being stolen away. Thanks for proving to everyone that you have terrible reading comprehension. Then again, you're so desperate to find ways to bash on WoW.
    It doesn't look like alliance/horde mining operations are so noble. Especially since both those factions are using azerite in abundance. Unless you mean that we bring lifeless rocks back and noone noticed. Which is possibility.

Also, i dont need to find them, they are coming on their own.

Sword is fine is my guess, probably not really a bigger hole than when Aman'Thul ripped Y'Shaarj from Azeroth all those thousands of years ago. (Well of Eternity, anyone?)

There is SOME logic in not removing the sword. You do the same IRL with any stab wounds - if the perpetrator's tool is still within the wound you should not remove it or else blood will start gushing out and that person will die. Usually the removal of the knife (or anything else that was used to stab) happens during the surgery. Since no one knows how to heal the wound perhaps it is best to leave it as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Encaitar29 View Post
    There is SOME logic in not removing the sword. You do the same IRL with any stab wounds - if the perpetrator's tool is still within the wound you should not remove it or else blood will start gushing out and that person will die. Usually the removal of the knife (or anything else that was used to stab) happens during the surgery. Since no one knows how to heal the wound perhaps it is best to leave it as it is.
    That reminds me of the final Pandaren questline actually, where Ji Firepaw, so careless and foolish, forcefully removed the gunship from the turle back and ended up hurting him, with lots of blood going everywhere. A similar pain could befall the World Soul if the sword was removed randomly.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

It doesn't look like alliance/horde mining operations are so noble. Especially since both those factions are using azerite in abundance. Unless you mean that we bring lifeless rocks back and noone noticed. Which is possibility.

Also, i dont need to find them, they are coming on their own.
    I'm not talking about the Horde/Alliance. I'm talking about we, the player characters, who were chosen by Magni to bear the Heart. Every bit of Azerite WE gather that we don't give away to our factions, like on islands, goes straight back to Azeroth herself. Or do you just close your ears and shut your eyes on every single Champions of Azeroth WQ?