Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    No, they didn't. They were hoping that you would forget. Shitty writing 101.
    How can we forget the sword in Silithus as we traverse to the Chamber of Heart, located in Silithus, literally every day?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I'm not talking about the Horde/Alliance. I'm talking about we, the player characters, who were chosen by Magni to bear the Heart. Every bit of Azerite WE gather that we don't give away to our factions, like on islands, goes straight back to Azeroth herself. Or do you just close your ears and shut your eyes on every single Champions of Azeroth WQ?
    And we still help our factions "hurt" azeroth. You probably should think twice before insulting people reading comprehension.

What me and others are mocking is exactly the "lets save the world in moderation" idea.

In fact those WQs make things even more hilarious, where we are being told that one guy draining azerite makes azeroth scream in pain than 5 minutes later we go to strip mine some island.
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2020-01-28 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Well unless there's a way to close up the wound that's likely hundreds of miles long and dozens wide in a few minutes due to how much Azerite would bleed out then the safest option is to leave the sword where it is. Biggest mistake people have with stabbings and such is think first option is to pull it out.

Azeroth was no longer being corrupted by the sword when we used our weapons on it. Her vitals were stabilised when we first went into the chamber. Those were the two biggest threats to her with immediate effect.

- - - Updated - - -

As an old god, directly or indirectly he's done a lot more than the other 3 combined.
    You're mostly right about the first bit. You DO want to pull the blade OUT of a stab wound in most circumstances simply because if you leave it in there, every time you move, you're increasing the size and severity of the wound. Pulling it out also does additional damage, but if you leave it in to prevent blood loss, it will continue to cut you, and if it's stuck somewhere vital, those small additional cuts could be doing damage to a serious organ or a major blood vessel, and it magnifies the danger.

With the blade still stuck in your flesh, you aren't actively bleeding, but the blood can't really pass the blade either, so the blood still isn't going to where it needs to go, or at least not very efficiently. Healing cannot begin until the obstruction is removed and the blood flows out of the wounds. Scab formation is critical to healing any wound.

Azerite is the blood, and the crystallized form is like a scab. Mining the scabs isn't really doing Azeroth any favors, but it's not really hurting her that much either, I don't think. Now if we were like, sucking out the molten form, that'd be pretty bad. I'd say the end of Nzoth is saving Azeroth from suffering a NEW wound like the one in Silithus. She's dying from what Sargeras did, and Nzoth would have just doubled down on the damage.

Azeroth is 'saved' from Nzoth, but the wounds are still an issue, IMO, and maybe with all the Old Gods finally removed, Azeroth can regain her strength and start mending her own wounds without our help. At the end of BfA, we will probably have a similar storyline to the end of Legion where we sucked the corruption out of Sargeras' blade, only this time, we're going to funnel the power from the Heart of Azeroth back into her to close this storyline once and for all, the same thing will happen, the Heart will keep it's ilevel going into SL, but the powers and such will be disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    And we still help our factions "hurt" azeroth. You probably should think twice before insulting people reading comprehension.

What me and others are mocking is exactly the "lets save the world in moderation" idea.

In fact those WQs make things even more hilarious, where we are being told that one guy draining azerite makes azeroth scream in pain than 5 minutes later we go to strip mine some island.
    Are you new to WoW? We'll kill some orcs for burning down trees only to do ourselves later and somehow when we do it it's ok. It's called protagonist centered morality.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

The entire point of giving us the Heart of Azeroth was so that Azeroth got the power back when WE mined it instead of it being stolen away. Thanks for proving to everyone that you have terrible reading comprehension. Then again, you're so desperate to find ways to bash on WoW.
    Sure, but at the same time we help guys like Gallywiz guzzle tons of the stuff into impractical war machines constantly, and I got the impression that Islands were us giving Azerite to our faction and taking a cut from the proceeds.

The Azerite plotline was just all over the place. It's supposed to be an important plot point and justification for war, but the actual justification was Sylvanas playing 4d chess and wondering what the Alliance will do 100 years into the future, except actually the war was caused by her wanting to kill as many people as possible so Azerite serves no real plot purposes there anyway.

It's also supposed to be a substance so powerful that it would change the face of warfare, but the only time it actually does something impressive on screen is during a joke questline where the aforementioned Gallywix blows up a robot army with his mech suit. Apart from that, Azerite doesn't seem any more impressive than any other weaponry available to the factions, be they Demolishers firing incendiary ICBMs, Blight that can be manufactured in quantities large enough to blanket cities, Mages with floating arcane battleships, bombs that can obliterate entire fleets at anchor, so on and so forth.

Similarly, its status as Azeroth's symbolic blood is unresolved. Yeah, we killed N'zoth, but that doesn't fix the planet by itself, does it. N'zoth was in jail at the beginning of BFA and the planet was still dying. In the meantime we presumably funneled large quantities of Azerite back, but that's not acknowledged by the narrative at all. It's just "oh no Azeroth is dying, oh no N'zoth is here so Azeroth is even more dying, yay N'zoth is nuked and everything's fine now!". Azerite isn't even part of 8.3's story, the plot devices du jour there being the legendary cloak, Xal'atah and the Forge of Origination.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Similarly, its status as Azeroth's symbolic blood is unresolved. Yeah, we killed N'zoth, but that doesn't fix the planet by itself, does it. N'zoth was in jail at the beginning of BFA and the planet was still dying. In the meantime we presumably funneled large quantities of Azerite back, but that's not acknowledged by the narrative at all. It's just "oh no Azeroth is dying, oh no N'zoth is here so Azeroth is even more dying, yay N'zoth is nuked and everything's fine now!". Azerite isn't even part of 8.3's story, the plot devices du jour there being the legendary cloak, Xal'atah and the Forge of Origination.
    Wasn't the increase in our neck level essentially our funneling the Azerite back into Azeroth, making her stronger and further empowering the neck? Did I miss something somewhere that said that wasn't the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Wasn't the increase in our neck level essentially our funneling the Azerite back into Azeroth, making her stronger and further empowering the neck? Did I miss something somewhere that said that wasn't the case?
    Yeah thats also what I interpreted it as.

Sure, but at the same time we help guys like Gallywiz guzzle tons of the stuff into impractical war machines constantly, and I got the impression that Islands were us giving Azerite to our faction and taking a cut from the proceeds.

The Azerite plotline was just all over the place. It's supposed to be an important plot point and justification for war, but the actual justification was Sylvanas playing 4d chess and wondering what the Alliance will do 100 years into the future, except actually the war was caused by her wanting to kill as many people as possible so Azerite serves no real plot purposes there anyway.

It's also supposed to be a substance so powerful that it would change the face of warfare, but the only time it actually does something impressive on screen is during a joke questline where the aforementioned Gallywix blows up a robot army with his mech suit. Apart from that, Azerite doesn't seem any more impressive than any other weaponry available to the factions, be they Demolishers firing incendiary ICBMs, Blight that can be manufactured in quantities large enough to blanket cities, Mages with floating arcane battleships, bombs that can obliterate entire fleets at anchor, so on and so forth.

You are right about the islands. We give that azerite to our factions and get a cut for ourselves. But all azerite we get is funnelled by the heart back to Azeroth, which is what Magni and, ultimately we, want.

You said it yourself. Sylvanas used it and its power as a justification to start her war. That's part of its purpose.

The time you mentioned, when the Kul Tiras pirates blow open Daelin's gate. All the enemies in all the zones and dungeons using it against us. The world bosses in Arathi. Ammo that can burn entire companies of infantry to cinders in seconds. Blight, as you said, has to be manufactured. And Sylvanas lost all her equipment in Undercity and didn't have time to re-establish under Orgrimmar. The ship I gotta hand to you, but it's not like anyone but one of the strongest mortal mages can do it, and she can't be doing much else if she's doing that. For the bombs I'm assuming you mean the Alliance tanking the zandalari fleet. Any bombs could've been used for that, did they specify it was azerite ones?

My understanding was every time we gathered azerite from elementals or those who would misuse it, or healed wounds, we were helping Azeroth recover. I never expected one big handwaving boom you're healed moment like at the end of the pandaren storyline. We've been healing Azeroth bit by bit, the sword has been depoisoned, and Azeroth is finally Old God free for the first time since shortly after he conception. Sounds like we saved her to me.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    The blade was dangerous back when it was seeping dark red energies, which were corrupting the World Soul. The corruption was drained by the artifacts at the end of Legion and the sword went dormant. Even if it is still stuck in the planet's core and should be removed, it is not longer an immediate threat.
    Which leads one to wonder what the sword's narrative purpose was to begin with. One final immediate threat to explain why we lost our artifact weapons before BfA starts? It's weak.

You are right about the islands. We give that azerite to our factions and get a cut for ourselves. But all azerite we get is funnelled by the heart back to Azeroth, which is what Magni and, ultimately we, want.

You said it yourself. Sylvanas used it and its power as a justification to start her war. That's part of its purpose.

The time you mentioned, when the Kul Tiras pirates blow open Daelin's gate. All the enemies in all the zones and dungeons using it against us. The world bosses in Arathi. Ammo that can burn entire companies of infantry to cinders in seconds. Blight, as you said, has to be manufactured. And Sylvanas lost all her equipment in Undercity and didn't have time to re-establish under Orgrimmar. The ship I gotta hand to you, but it's not like anyone but one of the strongest mortal mages can do it, and she can't be doing much else if she's doing that. For the bombs I'm assuming you mean the Alliance tanking the zandalari fleet. Any bombs could've been used for that, did they specify it was azerite ones?

My understanding was every time we gathered azerite from elementals or those who would misuse it, or healed wounds, we were helping Azeroth recover. I never expected one big handwaving boom you're healed moment like at the end of the pandaren storyline. We've been healing Azeroth bit by bit, the sword has been depoisoned, and Azeroth is finally Old God free for the first time since shortly after he conception. Sounds like we saved her to me.
    No, Sylvanas doesn't even use Azerite as the justification except for a token line in A Good War. Her main argument is that peace cannot be lasting because the factions hate each other too much.

As for weaponry, the point is more that anything could have done what Azerite does. Warcraft is choke full of wondrous sources of powers and plot devices. Azerite ended being nothing special whatsoever in the context of BfA.

And yeah, we gathered Azerite, but our progress is hardly acknowledged by the narrative. The Druids and Shamans at the Sword still lament the world's doom. One can say it's par for the course in a game like WoW, but at the very least the finale/epilogue of N'yalotha should have shown that the world is healed, rather than having us assume so because our heart level is high and Magni says we're good boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Encaitar29 View Post
    There is SOME logic in not removing the sword. You do the same IRL with any stab wounds - if the perpetrator's tool is still within the wound you should not remove it or else blood will start gushing out and that person will die. Usually the removal of the knife (or anything else that was used to stab) happens during the surgery. Since no one knows how to heal the wound perhaps it is best to leave it as it is.
    If we can reoriginate an Old God out of existence by using anchor points and the Heart of Azeroth has the focal point, there's no way we can't use the same strategy to reoriginate the sword away.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Nah, who cares about that lil' sword in Silithus, not to mention !@#$ing N'yalotha, when we've had a bunch of HD cinematics about the whereabouts of Sadfang & co. /s
    What is pretty funny is that Sadfang died pitifully anyway so his development was pointless. Imagine spending millions on cinematics on a regular orc boi just so he could get single scratch on a banshee and then get one-shotted.

- - - Updated - - -

No, Sylvanas doesn't even use Azerite as the justification except for a token line in A Good War. Her main argument is that peace cannot be lasting because the factions hate each other too much.

As for weaponry, the point is more that anything could have done what Azerite does. Warcraft is choke full of wondrous sources of powers and plot devices. Azerite ended being nothing special whatsoever in the context of BfA.

And yeah, we gathered Azerite, but our progress is hardly acknowledged by the narrative. The Druids and Shamans at the Sword still lament the world's doom. One can say it's par for the course in a game like WoW, but at the very least the finale/epilogue of N'yalotha should have shown that the world is healed, rather than having us assume so because our heart level is high and Magni says we're good boys.
    Yeh the whole reason for the war was because "War on this planet will forever change with Azerite being a thing now". lol.... Turned out it wasn't really anything special. Even Anduin could kill a newly developed Azerite war machine by himself by just smashing it with his sword as a priest. I mean come on.. a priest destroyed it with auto attacks.

I said it a long time ago, WOW storytelling has gotten so bad as to resemble some below average highschool kid's writing project. And really that's just sorta granting them too much and unfair to that type of highschool student.

it's horrible writing and has been horrible writing for several xpacs. It's really a shame that they are just riding off of a great universe they've created in the distant past.

It's almost as if Blizzard forgot there was a giant sword buried in Silithus so later they can have Azeroth wake all pissed off at us. "You stopped the bleeding, but you never removed the sword!" Raid boss and we get to loot her pants.

Profit.

The entire point of giving us the Heart of Azeroth was so that Azeroth got the power back when WE mined it instead of it being stolen away. Thanks for proving to everyone that you have terrible reading comprehension. Then again, you're so desperate to find ways to bash on WoW.
    Arrashi clearly talked at least partially about what the Horde and Alliance (who were warned by Magni about the situation by the way, so they were aware that mining Azerite would harm Azeroth) were doing vide the remark about Island Expeditions. You, by your own admission in the consequent post, did not. Yet you insult their reading comprehension in your not desperate not defense of Blizzard. That's... a position, I guess?

I'm not talking about the Horde/Alliance. I'm talking about we, the player characters, who were chosen by Magni to bear the Heart. Every bit of Azerite WE gather that we don't give away to our factions, like on islands, goes straight back to Azeroth herself. Or do you just close your ears and shut your eyes on every single Champions of Azeroth WQ?
    Yet Arrashi was talking about the Horde and Alliance from the get go. Quite explicitly. And before you replied to their post where they did precisely that. What makes it even better is that you acknowledge the mining we did on behalf of the factions anyway (which, judging by the Island Expeditions being one of the best ways of farming Azerite, wins out against the Azerite we mined "the good way" in those WQs). So you could very well ask yourself your own question from above, just substituting CoA WQs for Island Expeditions.

Are you new to WoW? We'll kill some orcs for burning down trees only to do ourselves later and somehow when we do it it's ok. It's called protagonist centered morality.
    And which part of your protagonist centered morality is supposed to validate your previous claims in light of what @Arrashi actually said? Moving the goalposts and starting your post-goalpost post with an accusatory (yet utterly irrelevant) question doesn't make for a point. Or even for a way to save face.

Why would you ever pay attention to that? One must be mysteriously selective in regards to what one pays attention to in cases like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    If we can reoriginate an Old God out of existence by using anchor points and the Heart of Azeroth has the focal point, there's no way we can't use the same strategy to reoriginate the sword away.
    But what if that sword is made from unobtainium that's immune to reorigination?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

In real life if you get stabbed (in a straight line) it gets really bad when the knife gets removed.

It was the "red energies" poison that was killing her, the blood we were gathering was she "coughing" blood around the world. We were originally gathering the blood to give it back, but then we realized we needed to use it to prevent Azeroth from getting corrupted, which was worse than dying.

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    For draenorrrrrrrrrrrrr
    God fucking dammit.

At least if Blizzard is expected to be consistent, Shadowlands' story wont be shit.

I understood Sargeras attack was a fatal wound and Azeroth was dying. Then the Old Gods wanted to infect Azeroth.

I dont know how they said that Azeroth is saved when the sword is still there.

Some people theorized that Death and the Void Lords were on a race who was the first to corrupt Azeroth. It is a shame that any player can create a better story for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Which leads one to wonder what the sword's narrative purpose was to begin with. One final immediate threat to explain why we lost our artifact weapons before BfA starts? It's weak.
    It served as a plot device to introduce azerite, which served as catalyst for the escalation of tensions into the Fourth War (also known as the Blood War). Khadgar even said that Sargeras did much more with his sword than just damage the planet, he destroyed the hope of any peace between Alliance and Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You forget the fact the Re-Origination device which can be focus on one point was barely a one-time plot that will never be used ever again, whatever threat we face in the future.

OT: Yes, Azeroth is safe now because we killed something else somewhere. It's a known fact that if you get stabbed in the street one day, you should accept your fate and never pull the knife/sword off ever. That's part of you now.