View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    Lore bits are kinda neat though, They tie the Arthas story to Shadowlands by making the guardian of frostmourne affiliated with the necrolords.

There are servants of loken in northrend etc.
    Last edited by George Costanza; 2020-01-29 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Game working infinitely better than it did on beta, even on my rather shit PC. Beta had problems even on low settings, playing on high currently and zero lags, working flawlessly.

I can't fathom how people can say this with straight face. You really wanted Golden touching the story? How can people complain, endlessly I might add, about WoW's story, and yet simultaneously want the same people responsible for current WoW's story to butcher original W3 story? It doesn't compute.

You're not really wrong, but now imagine what would have happened to her if Golden touched it
    Golden doesn't decide story beats.

Its really disconcerting how much you all scapegoat your hatred of other people's decisions on that woman.

Did the Prologue. It's just a port with better graphics but a worse art style, though that was pretty much assured since they announced that they were cancelling all new features. But WC3 is still WC3, so it's at least functional gameplay-wise, even if it's barely a shadow of what it could have been.

The Sea Witch being a naga and using naga towers is just using standard melee assets, but a neat touch all the same. Kul Tirans still being blue instead of dark green less so, ditto using priests instead of chaplains. These would all be very basic changes to do, but would've done a lot.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    Yes, and the original story is oh so amazing and award winning prize levels of writing...this may pop your little bubble, but warcraft writing was NEVER great. If anything, it has gotten better objectively. I mean you can say I'm wrong if you consider it somehow better than today's writing that Thrall being woken up by a strange human who can turn into a bird and saying "okay, I'll do what you say cause the spirits say to trust you."
    I mean, if you would rather have human potential, non-toxic masculinity, and sylvanas being proud of being the first female warchief, then sure, let Golden run wild. Personally, I'm glad she didn't.

Also, weird example, it's a fantasy setting, magic and spirits are real, and Thrall especially seems like he has strong "connection" and belief in that kind of thing, so...Any particular reason why he shouldn't trust Medivh?

I feel like people love to shit on storytelling in games, simply because it's done in games, while the exact same stories told in books/movies are praised as the best thing ever, even when it's...not

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post

Its really disconcerting how much you all scapegoat your hatred of other people's decisions on that woman.
    Of course the biggest decisions aren't done by her. But the way she goes about bringing us what higher ups tell her is. Human potential, anduin "non-toxic masculinity" wrynn, and sylvanas being proud of being the first female warchief are ALL on golden.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Honestly so far i preferred project rebirth :/
    What's project rebirth?

Human potential, anduin "non-toxic masculinity" wrynn, and sylvanas being proud of being the first female warchief are ALL on golden.
    I mean no it wasn't but pop off about your hatred for a mid level employee writing what she's told I guess. I love how none of the other people who are at her exact same seniority level never get that kind of hatred from you people. I wonder if there's a pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashahalasin View Post
    What's project rebirth?
    A completely fanmade graphics overhaul for the original warcraft 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

I mean no it wasn't but pop off about your hatred for a mid level employee writing what she's told I guess. I love how none of the other people who are at her exact same seniority level never get that kind of hatred from you people. I wonder if there's a pattern.
    Maybe I could agree about Anduin, he was a bullshit character even before she joined, but as for Sylvanas, if you truly believe ANYONE told her to write the specific phrase "Sylvanas felt proud about being the first female warchief", then...I have no words for you. No one told her to do that, that's her and her agenda, no one else.

And yes, there is a pattern. Pretty much none of the bullshit we're dealing with now have been present in the game/books before she joined Blizzard. I know that's not the pattern you were looking for, but it is what it is.

Though I suppose we're getting off topic here, and we already agreed that she isn't responsible for the overall story, and you believe she's told every single word she needs to write, and on that we won't agree, since it's factually incorrect, so, I will end it here.
    Last edited by Dziubla; 2020-01-29 at 01:54 AM.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Pretty much none of the bullshit we're dealing with now have been present in the game/books before she joined Blizzard. I know that's not the pattern you were looking for, but it is what it is.
    Then you haven't been paying attention at all or your nostalgia goggles blinded you beyond capacity of basic understanding.

We all know what the actual pattern is. We all know all this Christie Golden whining is really just thinly veiled manchildren whining that a woman was writing something they didn't like. Keep denying it if you want I guess, its blatantly obvious.

AoE2: DE really spoiled me because Reforged looks like a sad joke by comparison. And to think I let myself get hyped for a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Did the Prologue. It's just a port with better graphics but a worse art style, though that was pretty much assured since they announced that they were cancelling all new features. But WC3 is still WC3, so it's at least functional gameplay-wise, even if it's barely a shadow of what it could have been.

The Sea Witch being a naga and using naga towers is just using standard melee assets, but a neat touch all the same. Kul Tirans still being blue instead of dark green less so, ditto using priests instead of chaplains. These would all be very basic changes to do, but would've done a lot.
    According to datamining, the green color and chaplains are used for Daelin's forces in the Rexxar campaign, and the mission where said humans appear was already kind of inconsistent as it states the enemy are Kul Tiras marines, yet a Footman claims to recognize the Orcs as stealing their ships from the mainland in ambient dialog.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    I understand not liking D1's and D2's graphics when held up to today's standards. But what's wrong with D3? It's a pretty solid Diablo experience imo (and it looks good), specially taking into account you've never played the previous titles. You sure your opinion isn't tainted by haters here?
    Nah. I even played a bit of D3 and did find myself enjoying it. It's just other games and things are a priority right now that probably by the time I find to play a Diablo-like game D4 will be out, which is cool by me.

It would be like me trying to play Skyrim to finish now. I've played that game on and off so much that (never got past through main story of going up the 7k steps) that I'll probably just wait for next ES come out before delving into the franchise again, because again of other games and rl priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    Yes, and the original story is oh so amazing and award winning prize levels of writing...this may pop your little bubble, but warcraft writing was NEVER great. If anything, it has gotten better objectively. I mean you can say I'm wrong if you consider it somehow better than today's writing that Thrall being woken up by a strange human who can turn into a bird and saying "okay, I'll do what you say cause the spirits say to trust you."
    Why exactly do you claim that is an example of "objectively" bad writing?

A story being cheesy/campy doesn't necessarily mean it's bad. Metal Gear Solid 3, for instance, has one the cheesiest/campiest stories out there, and yet can be incredibly satisfying/entertaining to play depending on the player's taste. I'd argue Warcraft III is in the same camp (pun intended), even if not at the same level of quality.

It is also very hard to believe it can even be "objectively" better when one is a complete product written from start to end by the same group of people as its own story for the player to go through (that could easily be shown as a movie with little adaptation) vs. something that is written with MMO gameplay in mind, where major characters are often put aside, and characters and their motivations are changed to fit the intended general plot for the expansion. Not to mention there's a much bigger number of people involved in writing things, which can even lead to contradictions.

This is especially true when you take things into context: Warcraft 3 released in 2002 when storytelling in games, epecially RTS games and even mainstream games in general, was much more limited, simple and cliché. Also the fantasy genre in itself evolved quite a bit.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2020-01-29 at 02:32 AM.

https://twitter.com/ChristieGolden/s...380521473?s=19

Yes, she absolutely does have her dirty hands in the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post

Her hands aren't that dirty, you people on MMO-CHampion love to exaggerate and whine to absurd levels.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Her hands aren't that dirty, you people on MMO-CHampion love to exaggerate and whine to absurd levels.
    The story of Legion was fantastic. The story of BfA was absolute fucking trash. Golden was hired some time before BfA was released. She wrote the garbage that was Before the Storm. Her hands are pretty fucking dirty.

10+ Year Old Account
    The story of Legion was fantastic. The story of BfA was absolute fucking trash. Golden was hired some time before BfA was released. She wrote the garbage that was Before the Storm. Her hands are pretty fucking dirty.
    Its not a bad story but I doubt you'll be convinced using words like "Garbage"
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

You can't blame Golden for everything, her earlier work Pre-BFA was amazing, War Crimes is a really good novel, as is the Arthas one.
    The general story for BFA was bad in general, if anything Golden tried fixing it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Those cinematics were pretty damned good considering what she was given.

The story of Legion was fantastic. The story of BfA was absolute fucking trash
    Well that's...bias, pure and simple. the story of legion got a pass because the expansion itself was good but god the story was horrendous

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    According to datamining, the green color and chaplains are used for Daelin's forces in the Rexxar campaign, and the mission where said humans appear was already kind of inconsistent as it states the enemy are Kul Tiras marines, yet a Footman claims to recognize the Orcs as stealing their ships from the mainland in ambient dialog.
    Even worse when Rexxar asks Thrall if he recognizes the anchor emblem in their shields (Kul Tiran) and he said yes. And no model for Sen'jin but just a generic Witch Doctor

But hey at least they replaced the Darkspears in the Blackrock Clan with Forest Trolls