Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    What does that have to do with Bernie? They were going there about the Green New Deal.

Can you at least put a little bit of effort into trolling? FFS, you're as lazy as the Trumpers.
    Because, if you're watching this current Twitter meltdown by Bernie supporters, they're using that video plus the incorrect L.A. Times story today, to amplify the DINO calls of Feinstein and calling for her to be replaced.

When Tim Pool is pushing a story, you should know you're on the wrong fucking side of it.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Because, if you're watching this current Twitter meltdown by Bernie supporters, they're using that video plus the incorrect L.A. Times story today, to amplify the DINO calls of Feinstein and calling for her to be replaced.

When Tim Pool is pushing a story, you should know you're on the wrong fucking side of it.
    Which is not at all what he said.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember, as a progressive, the first time someone suggested I watch the Young Turks. I turned it off after less than 10 minutes.

The irony of someone like Cenk is that he was a Republican til 2005, but will endlessly criticize someone like Warren for being a Republican "until she was 42", which, last I checked, was 1991.
    TIL that the Young Turks is incorporated in Delaware for tax purposes.

This was done when Cenk sold a piece of TYT to Jeffery Katzenberg for $20million.
    Government Affiliated Snark

What does that have to do with Bernie? They were going there about the Green New Deal. That group's like entire purpose is political action on climate change.

Can you at least put a little bit of effort into trolling? FFS, you're as lazy as the Trumpers.
    https://twitter.com/sunrisemvmt/stat...90116488368128

Literally their pinned tweet. And they regularly promote Sanders -

https://twitter.com/SunriseSci/statu...19656094576640
    https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/st...20748123758592

Links to this - https://actionnetwork.org/forms/join...l-revolution-2

No, they're not being directed by the campaign, and yes, their main focus is climate related, but they're very clear that Sanders was and continues to be their inspiration for their movement and that they support his campaign.

And given that this depressingly tracks with other behaviors we've seen from Sanders supporters -

Shitting up at an event for African-American leaders supporting Buttigieg where what appears to be some Sanders supporters tried to whitesplain that because the speakers wore nice outfits, they weren't "black enough" - https://twitter.com/chrisjollyhale/s...77579300347904

Or when a Sanders aligned group entered a private home where a Buttigieg fundraiser was being hosted, with their camera on, and filmed themselves refusing to leave the private, invitation-only event - https://twitter.com/nychange/status/1204920376725295105

It's not "everyone", but it's increasingly noticeable that Sanders seems to have a disproportionate number of...shall we say "nutters" in his camp compared to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/sunrisemvmt/stat...90116488368128

Literally their pinned tweet. And they regularly promote Sanders -

https://twitter.com/SunriseSci/statu...19656094576640
    https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/st...20748123758592

Links to this - https://actionnetwork.org/forms/join...l-revolution-2

No, they're not being directed by the campaign, and yes, their main focus is climate related, but they're very clear that Sanders was and continues to be their inspiration for their movement and that they support his campaign.

And given that this depressingly tracks with other behaviors we've seen from Sanders supporters -

Shitting up at an event for African-American leaders supporting Buttigieg where what appears to be some Sanders supporters tried to whitesplain that because the speakers wore nice outfits, they weren't "black enough" - https://twitter.com/chrisjollyhale/s...77579300347904

Or when a Sanders aligned group entered a private home where a Buttigieg fundraiser was being hosted, with their camera on, and filmed themselves refusing to leave the private, invitation-only event - https://twitter.com/nychange/status/1204920376725295105

It's not "everyone", but it's increasingly noticeable that Sanders seems to have a disproportionate number of...shall we say "nutters" in his camp compared to others.
    Ok, and this is Sanders' fault how?

Ok, and this is Sanders' fault how?
    Yanno, initially, I was fine with Bernie always saying, "Hey, don't do this. This ain't me." He did as much in 2016, and I appreciated it, and I believed him.

I have more problem with him 4 years later, because it's hard for me to believe him when he says he can't control what his supporters do, because he's let them infiltrate his entire campaign structure, including at the top.

Yanno, initially, I was fine with Bernie always saying, "Hey, don't do this. This ain't me." He did as much in 2016, and I appreciated it, and I believed him.

I have more problem with him 4 years later, because it's hard for me to believe him when he says he can't control what his supporters do, because he's let them infiltrate his entire campaign structure, including at the top.
    Pretty much this. I can't blame him directly for all his supporters behavior, that's ludicrous, nor does he directly tell them to do any of this garbage.

And in 2016, I fully believed and supported him when he vocally criticized them for it.

But here we are, 4 years later, and it seems that this sort of behavior from his supporters is escalating. No, we can't draw direct lines from Sanders to a specific action, but when your campaign increasingly picks up nutters, maybe it's time to re-evaluate how you're campaigning.

And given some of the extremely questionable almost-hired's, or actually hired's...yeah.

Case in point - https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ck-dog/585259/

Note: If Sanders gets the nomination there's no way I'm not voting for him. I'll say a prayer that his supporters chill the fuck out and don't become even more intolerable if he wins, but there's no chance in hell that his obnoxious supporters would drive me away from voting for him if he's the only challenger against Trump.

And given some of the extremely questionable almost-hired's, or actually hired's...yeah.

Case in point - https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ck-dog/585259/
    Oh no, someone criticized the actions and votes of other candidates in an election! THE HORROR!

Note: If Sanders gets the nomination there's no way I'm not voting for him. I'll say a prayer that his supporters chill the fuck out and don't become even more intolerable if he wins, but there's no chance in hell that his obnoxious supporters would drive me away from voting for him if he's the only challenger against Trump.
    Can everyone else that’s been relentlessly attacking Sanders in this thread for the past week make the same claim? Is Slacker even from America? Hard to tell sometimes.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabray View Post
    Can everyone else that’s been relentlessly attacking Sanders in this thread for the past week make the same claim? Is Slacker even from America? Hard to tell sometimes.
    I wouldn't say I've been relentless, but I sure am trying to match the fervor that Bernie Bros have towards other Democratic candidates. And I will certainly be voting for Bernie if he's the nominee.

Do you think Bernie Bros will be doing the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Fabray View Post
    I'm definitely voting for Bernie in the general if he's the nominee.

Unlike many Bernie supporters, I'm a fucking adult, and I know that not choosing is a choice of its own.

I know. The irony of dumbasses like the Young Turks is that they're purposefully aping a Republican tactic of weeding out moderates by calling them RINO. A favorite tactic of the Tea Party.

Now, IDK, some Bernie supporters seem to think a leftwing Tea Party would be fucking great. I don't think so. Last I checked, the progressive movement has always been based on nonviolence and rationality. We've never had to resort to baseless fearmongering, whipping our delegation into place, propaganda, etc, because we've been on the right side of history EVERY SINGLE TIME for the last century.
    Being in the right side of history is great and all that but let's face facts it doesn't work we should be using propaganda and the tools of the trade. We've taken the moral high ground and been taking a beating since, the left should learn from the GOP winning no matter what should be our motto. It doesn't matter if you are on the right side of history without power to enact policy it's worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Being in the right side of history is great and all that but let's face facts it doesn't work we should be using propaganda and the tools of the trade. We've taken the moral high ground and been taking a beating since, the left should learn from the GOP winning no matter what should be our motto. It doesn't matter if you are on the right side of history without power to enact policy it's worthless.
    That's some straight up Machiavellian "the ends justify the means" shit. And there's a reason Machiavelli is ridiculed by most, and couldn't get the Medici's to have much power beyond a city-state level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh no reason to endorse Bernie at this moment. No reason to reward the bad behavior of his campaign and troll army quite yet. Or ever.

This will be like my ninth time voting in a presidential election. Here's some grizzled insights:
    Iowa doesnt really matter.

2020 Bernie is only getting a fraction of the delegates he got in 2016. 2016 was his ceiling.
    Now that Bernies mask is being peeled, he is no longer the 2nd choice for many voters. He coulda been my number two, but now he's behind Biden, maybe tied with Bloomberg for last.

According to the new Quinnipiac poll, 73% of primary voters say the results of the Iowa Caucus will have no bearing on who they vote for.

Also these voters aren't spread out evenly, with young voters being twice as likely to change compared to older voters. It's like Biden or Bloomberg benefit the most from this behavior.

The Berner's trying to hold people hostage by threatening riots, or "burning it all down" are vastly over repsentated on twitter and GEN-OT.
    Like the trumpers, they only offer gaslighting or projectionism of their own worst behaviors to any discussion.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I wouldn't say I've been relentless, but I sure am trying to match the fervor that Bernie Bros have towards other Democratic candidates. And I will certainly be voting for Bernie if he's the nominee.

Do you think Bernie Bros will be doing the same?
    While I am a Bernie Supporter, I will also support Warren as my other nomination if push comes to shove.

Biden, I will withhold my vote from him till he comes out and swears against cutting Social Security or Medicare in any way, shape or form and actually mean it and even then that will be massively holding my nose after what he tried on CSPAN.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

That's some straight up Machiavellian "the ends justify the means" shit. And there's a reason Machiavelli is ridiculed by most, and couldn't get the Medici's to have much power beyond a city-state level.
    If that's true explain why democrats have been getting their asses kicked for decades at the state, local and federal level. The GOP has been in control of one if not more house of congress over the past decade than democrats even with losing the popular vote, they control the supreme court and we've continuously lost elections even thought we win the popular vote.

This is politics it's war tying your hands behind your back to hold the moral high ground is one of the reasons we are where we are now. How different would things be if democrats had balls and gerrymandered more than the GOP, forced Merrick Garland through, propagandized to get people to vote. And for all your talk of ridicule of Machiavellian it is the philosophy driving the GOP and it's working.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now that Tulsi is on the slab, establishment Dems have to turn their smooth little slanderous brains toward another candidate to sate their bloodlust.

Looks like Bernie is back on the menu, boys!

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Now that Tulsi is on the slab, establishment Dems have to turn their smooth little slanderous brains toward another candidate to sate their bloodlust.

Looks like Bernie is back on the menu, boys!
    Yeah, no. Tulsi is a piece of shit. And Bernie isn't even close to being in trouble. Tulsi isn't even popular in her own district, which is why she isn't running for re-election.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    While I am a Bernie Supporter, I will also support Warren as my other nomination if push comes to shove.

Biden, I will withhold my vote from him till he comes out and swears against cutting Social Security or Medicare in any way, shape or form and actually mean it and even then that will be massively holding my nose after what he tried on CSPAN.
    I applaud the first and caution against the second. Trump is already on record saying he is "considering" cutting social security and medicaid. I would highly recommend voting for the Democratic nominee to get Trump out, and then work your lobbying magic to make sure Biden/whomever doesn't do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I applaud the first and caution against the second. Trump is already on record saying he is "considering" cutting social security and medicaid. I would highly recommend voting for the Democratic nominee to get Trump out, and then work your lobbying magic to make sure Biden/whomever doesn't do the same.
    At that point, we are back to a Clinton Vs Trump esk election again where we are back to voting Trump or Not Trump because you have no option of any to actually vote FOR. That makes for a dangerous election...

And really sad when neither party wants to actually support it. If it actually comes to that, Biden comes in and the Democrats actually vote to cut it, I will never vote for them as a party again and will start voting for 3rd party except the candidates that expressly state they will vote to fix it.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.