Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Sub n mount promotion. Not really.

Blizzard is goin be really duche. Ive just paid my 6 months sub so i was sure ill get this new "rat" mount. I didnt recived mount so i ticketed question where is mount for 6 months sub. They told me i would not recive it because my sub is open for 6 months and canceled for renew after that. GM told me i need to renew sub for next 6 months so they can cash me for next 6 months and than ill recive mount... This is ridicolous. So promo works only if ill pay for a year

10+ Year Old Account
    Put it for renew then? It won't be billed till the 6m is out and you can cancel anytime? Unless ofc ur sub expired prior to the promotion, then no u won't get it.

My 6m expired on the 15th and i renewed for 1m, got the mount tho.
    Last edited by Denizly; 2020-01-29 at 06:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Blizzard is goin be really duche. Ive just paid my 6 months sub so i was sure ill get this new "rat" mount. I didnt recived mount so i ticketed question where is mount for 6 months sub. They told me i would not recive it because my sub is open for 6 months and canceled for renew after that. GM told me i need to renew sub for next 6 months so they can cash me for next 6 months and than ill recive mount... This is ridicolous. So promo works only if ill pay for a year
    So you subbed before the promotion, and because it was a 6month sub when the promotion came out you expected the mount?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

how does your inability to read constitute a whole thread?
    "If you’re currently on a 6-month recurring subscription with a future renewal date, you’ll receive Squeakers as a gift"

10+ Year Old Account
    I subbed for 6 months like few days ago when promo came out so i should recive it? I subbed and canceled after few hours because i want sub just for 6m. After that they sayin me i need to renew sub to be open for NEXT 6m after thay ive already paid few days ago. They will charge me for NEXT 6 months and than ill recive mount...

You do realize a sub is not pre-paid for more than the sub duration, right? If you renew your 6 month sub you won't be charged until your current 6 month sub expires.

10+ Year Old Account
    I subbed for 6 months like few days ago when promo came out so i should recive it? I subbed and canceled after few hours because i want sub just for 6m. After that they sayin me i need to renew sub to be open for NEXT 6m after thay ive already paid few days ago. They will charge me for NEXT 6 months and than ill recive mount...
    1. Probably should have read the requirements.
    2. Probably should have gotten the mount BEFORE you cancelled.
    3. Want someone to blame for this... go look in the mirror.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

If Blizzard cared about its customers they would just let you buy the 6 month subscription, get the mount then cancel the subscription because it's not your fault that their game sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    You do realize a sub is not pre-paid for more than the sub duration, right? If you renew your 6 month sub you won't be charged until your current 6 month sub expires.
    It should works like that but GM said me other version ><

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    If Blizzard cared about its customers they would just let you buy the 6 month subscription, get the mount then cancel the subscription because it's not your fault that their game sucks.
    Afaik you can. As others above have mentioned.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    1. Probably should have read the requirements.
    2. Probably should have gotten the mount BEFORE you cancelled.
    3. Want someone to blame for this... go look in the mirror.
    1. Rules looks simple. Pay for 6 = mount extra.
    2. They have problems with mount delivery. There were a message about that.
    3. Dont be silly. I paid for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can always just buy the mount for like $15-20 if you don't want to pay the $70+ for 6m.
    Last edited by chazus; 2020-01-29 at 08:08 AM.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Rules looks simple. Pay for 6 = mount extra.
    2. They have problems with mount delivery. There were a message about that.
    3. Dont be silly. I paid for it.
    You poor thing, maybe if you had done what was required you'd have gotten your mount.

7+ Year Old Account
    You should boycott WoW and all Blizzard products due to their shady business practices. Vote with your dollars!!!

Edit:
    And boycott all WoW related fan sites as well.

I think you get the mount at the end of your 6 month, i was on 6 month plan and it was to be renewed on 27/1-2020 and i got the mount a week ago and i changed the payment plan to 3 month and i still have the mount so you dont have to stay on a 6 month plan

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    You should boycott WoW and all Blizzard products due to their shady business practices. Vote with your dollars!!!

Edit:
    And boycott all WoW related fan sites as well.
    specially the fansites

I thought about it and I think this is how it works:
    - if you're running a sub currently (or have a month paid with tokens or whatever) - this doesn't count, even if it's for 6 months
    - you need to change your plan or already have a plan already for 6 months; when they do this, you can see on your page the next 6 months being "reserved". If you don't see this, you're not getting a mount.
    Afaik, when they "reserve" the next sub, they actually do take your money but if you cancel, they give it back (and will probably take the mount back as well). I might be wrong on this, though.

Now, if you're NOT playing at all, I think you might have to be running something and then have the reserved 6 months. So you might have to get one month and then sub for 6. Or maybe not - someone should put in a ticket and get an exact explanation for it.
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2020-01-29 at 09:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what it sounds like to me is that you have to actually subscribe for 6 months, not buy 6 months of game time. If that's the deal then wow what a shitty fucking deal that is. Honestly, if I were you OP, I'd just cancel your sub and get your money back if you can. Plenty of mounts you can get for free in the game that are way cooler than some lame rat. Save your $80 for something else. An $80 mount isn't worth the trouble.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

This was what happened to me for the previous pirate ship mount, my subscription was renewed 8 days before the promo started. I put in a ticket, and received the mount via mail.

Personally, I think they should have allowed people in the first month of their 6 month sub to receive the mount. It does suck to buy a 6 month just before the announcement. Would probably buy them some good will.

Maybe they have done this. I have no idea.