Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    I get it completely. It's not ideal to wait unless you want a better chance at winning. Again, did it all the time up until Wrath when they made this exact same change. It went from possible to improbable with this change. The length of the BG doesn't matter, even back in those days you weren't guaranteed getting into the right AV, but when they made this change it was nearly impossible to get more than a couple of people in the same AV. The only thing I have said is it was the most reliable way to do a premade.

What I am trying to say is that I don't really fucking care about your 40+ min queue whining and more so that this isn't a change that should have happened as it is not in line with the Devs back then, as they chose to ignore this as they had wanted to make Rated BGs a thing in the future. So making a 2008 change to a game that's supposed to be a museum of 2005, means the #nochanges crowd should be up in arms and not praising this. The fact that both of you keep arguing about what's possible right now is completely irrelevant to the subject of making changes to Classic.
    Let me to explain. You are horde. You talk to AV queue guy. It brings up the list of AV numbers like AV 47. These are all existing games. If you queue into AV 47, you still have a 40 min wait. After 40 mins, that AV will have already closed and you will be placed in a random AV. Not a new AV 47 with all of your friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    I'm not at all mad about the change, I could care less. I am however, trying to point out the hypocrites who say this change is good. It's not really a meme if Blizzard themselves pushed it and claimed WoW Classic would be a "museum" with "warts and all." Yet, here we are making changes for certain reasons, but we can't make other logical changes that help with longevity of the game. If WoW had never had an expansion, it wouldn't have just stopped gaining development, but if these #nochange people are going to kick and scream at any thought of a change, this one is an insanely big one considering how long the ability to premade all BGs was.
    We knew about plenty of changes before launch, if anyone was serious or mad about #nochanges, they shouldn't have even played the game in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Notice me using the word fix, not change
    keep telling yourself that till you believe it

"changes i agree with are fixes, changes I disagree are a sacrilege!"

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Let me to explain. You are horde. You talk to AV queue guy. It brings up the list of AV numbers like AV 47. These are all existing games. If you queue into AV 47, you still have a 40 min wait. After 40 mins, that AV will have already closed and you will be placed in a random AV. Not a new AV 47 with all of your friends.
    You can get moved ahead in the queue with single queue if people d/c or leave. I've gotten into plenty of AVs with friends that I single queued in. It's less likely when the games are ending quickly, but definitely not impossible situation as you're trying to claim, prior to this change. Yes, I also play Horde by the way.

Again, this is a silly fucking thing to even talk about since it doesn't matter with this change. I don't even know why you're trying to push this narrative so hard. You basically cannot make a premade any more on either side reliably. Prior to this, as it was up until Wrath, you had a chance to get in with your premade to the right BG. Regardless of your wait time complaints.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chinese alraedy have an addon that shows numbers.

It's pretty crazy how different the same game can be 15 years later

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    keep telling yourself that till you believe it

"changes i agree with are fixes, changes I disagree are a sacrilege!"
    I'm not a no changes clown, so not really accurate. I want changes, alot of them.

And when something is fixed to more accurately represent vanilla, that is a FIX more than a CHANGE. This is not complicated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    how can you be glad about changes in a game where everyone wanted NO changes.

the first change is only the beginning. HF
    Look at it as a patch in the true sense of the word, rather than a change. The game is really the same except for the hard core playing min/max craft (which it seems most are anyway).

Like an operating system, over time holes will inevitably appear which need to be looked at otherwise you might as well not release it for mainstream play ever again. It would be like releasing Windows XP Classic and letting it be.

So one of my predictions after they broke premades was that pug vs pug games would be more even, because alliance rankers would be mixed in with alliance casuals, just like horde has been this whole time, resulting in more even games.

Has this been happening or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Look at it as a patch in the true sense of the word, rather than a change. .
    OH dear, people dont REALLY think this way do they?

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    So one of my predictions after they broke premades was that pug vs pug games would be more even, because alliance rankers would be mixed in with alliance casuals, just like horde has been this whole time, resulting in more even games.

Has this been happening or not?
    Absolutely not.
    Anyone aiming for R12+ is in WSG with the other rankers from their server since the queue time almost instant and the honor/hour is leagues better then AV. Alliance is almost getting steamrolled in every AV. Worst case they are farmed at SHGY, then at SPGY, and then at the cave. Best case they are fightning for FW towers and RHGY while the horde finish killing Vann. I've asked around, and not a single alliance player reported a single win today, not even a real Drek pull.
    The reason is simple, Horde still aim for the longest game possible with 30 on defense and 10 on offense like they were playing against a premade that could end the game in 5min, while the alliance still aim to finish the game with 40 on offense, and get into another one asap. It's understandable with queue times going over an hour for the horde, while the alliance only has to deal with the artificial 3min queue timer.
    I still get fun games every now and then, with massive defensive fight at IBGY and then more big fights at FWGY. 200hk in a single game is more then common right now.

Good job Horde I hope you're satisfied now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gouca View Post
    Good job Horde I hope you're satisfied now.

This is actually a pretty gigantic problem now.

Alliance where allowed to EXPLOIT AV queus to get full premades into games, because their degenerate faction is incapable of pvping without a 40v1 advantage.

The only change here is that Horde are allowed to get 5 people at once into a game, and Alliance cowards lose their minds and are now zerging WSG queus as premades..

16 wsgs today, 14 of them have been against r12+ full alliance premades....

Anyone who thinks this is in any way good for the long term health of the game, is even more brain damaged than blizzard.

All that failing to encourage faction balance did was cause alliance to quit during the wpvp era on account of degenerate horde zerging..... All the current changes and degenerate alliance behavior since bgs have come out is going to do is kill off the majority of the horde pvp community. There's zero point in queuing up right now as horde without a full 10man... AV queus are 1h10m and every WSG is a premade circle jerk.

It's like players are trying their hardest to make sure classic population craters as fast as possible.

Allowing premades to queue into randoms continues to be insane, regardless of the battleground.

But I'm frankly not sure there is any solution to it that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Drosul View Post
    even more brain damaged than blizzard
    that's a bold statement coming from someone that generalizes half of playerbase based on color play play under
    Alliance where allowed to EXPLOIT AV queus to get full premades into games, because their degenerate faction is incapable of pvping without a 40v1 advantage.

New meta seems to be: everyone meets on a discord, ques in groups of 5 and just hops into the right channel number, once the BG starts.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

1 hour 30 min queues now for horde
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    You've mistakenly made the assumption that I'm not capable of buying MORE poutine.

10+ Year Old Account
    The longer AV queues are probably down to more people doing WSG.

This is actually a pretty gigantic problem now.

The only change here is that Horde are allowed to get 5 people at once into a game, and Alliance cowards lose their minds and are now zerging WSG queus as premades..

16 wsgs today, 14 of them have been against r12+ full alliance premades....

Anyone who thinks this is in any way good for the long term health of the game, is even more brain damaged than blizzard.

All that failing to encourage faction balance did was cause alliance to quit during the wpvp era on account of degenerate horde zerging..... All the current changes and degenerate alliance behavior since bgs have come out is going to do is kill off the majority of the horde pvp community. There's zero point in queuing up right now as horde without a full 10man... AV queus are 1h10m and every WSG is a premade circle jerk.

It's like players are trying their hardest to make sure classic population craters as fast as possible.
    If you believe there is a difference between ally and horde players I dont know what to tell you lol. Horde would do the same exact thing if the numbers were reversed lmao.

Changes gotta be killer for casual Horde PvErs looking to just get exalted. 90 minute queues even if you win every game is going to take forever.