View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, sorry, most custom games doesn't work either:/ and the promised JASS, LUA is gone.

- - - Updated - - -

But i will tell when they have updated the game to be worth the money though. Right now it is more like they should have given you money for you to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    No. The art was outsourced to Malaysia.. You can even tell by Arthas' Korean face. They also disabled any custom maps with reference to other IP and said all custom maps belong to Blizzard (so they can probably resell them themselves). The cinematics just have slightly more pixels and the model animations have 20 FPS. There is nothing new in the campaign and they cut back on almost everything they promised back in 2018. Don't bother. Also, the UI is horrible and the mini-map didn't get updated so you can hardly even read it with how pixelated it is. A real shame. The demo showed a completely new UI that looked a lot slimmer and effective with more room on the screen for the actual game, but that got cut for no reason. They also didn't update the commands or add any QoL features like better grouping. This is basically a $40 texture pack. There's a reason it is rated a 2 on metacritic right now.
    Wow.
    Seriously, it's THAT bad ? 0_o

TBH so far i have seen about 4 modded maps I would suggest you mod it instead.

Some maps have been adjusted and its mostly just qol stuff
    '
    by adjusted i mean stuff like they removed some trees on the second arthas mission to make "Secrets" easier to get to.

Stuff like that.

Outsourced, recycled trash meant to pad a rough quarter. Its being called "Warcraft Refunded" for a reason. I'd stick with the original or even SC2 at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Wow.
    Seriously, it's THAT bad ? 0_o
    Oh... the 2002 version had a widescreen version for the UI, but for reforged the used the normal version so it might actually look worse.

LOL no, watch this

The UI/menus/fmv feel like 720p upscaled to my 1440p monitor. Also 144 fps does not feel 144 fps for some reason, theres something not fluid about it,i just cant figure out what.

Only reason to buy it would probably be for the bonuses from the collectors edition.

but you could probably get those on a sale :P.

Really happy i didnt preorder this crap.

3+ Year Old Account
    I won't unless it has a 80% discount or something like that.

Depends what you expect from the game. I wanted to replay the campaign with upgraded graphics, and play some multiplayer, and so far, in the campaign, I'm definitely having a blast. But then again, I'm rather easy to please, and don't complain about EVERY. LITTLE. THING. like...some people

Also, the "is it worth it" threads are rather pointless, no one can answer that for you, as it's highly subjective, what is "worth it" to me, won't be "worth it" to you, and vice versa. My advice? Buy it. Try it. Don't like it? Refund it.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawlerxx View Post
    I have plans to buy the game but it really worth the 39 USD?
    If you haven't I'd suggest playing the original. It cost less and from a visual standpoint, in my opinion, looks better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Depends what you expect from the game. I wanted to replay the campaign with upgraded graphics, and play some multiplayer, and so far, in the campaign, I'm definitely having a blast. But then again, I'm rather easy to please, and don't complain about EVERY. LITTLE. THING. like...some people

Also, the "is it worth it" threads are rather pointless, no one can answer that for you, as it's highly subjective, what is "worth it" to me, won't be "worth it" to you, and vice versa. My advice? Buy it. Try it. Don't like it? Refund it.
    Same. Just finished the Thrall Exodus campaign and I had a lot of fun. New models look brilliant too.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

You realize you're boasting about having low standards ?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    No. The art was outsourced to Malaysia.. You can even tell by Arthas' Korean face. They also disabled any custom maps with reference to other IP and said all custom maps belong to Blizzard (so they can probably resell them themselves). The cinematics just have slightly more pixels and the model animations have 20 FPS. There is nothing new in the campaign and they cut back on almost everything they promised back in 2018. Don't bother. Also, the UI is horrible and the mini-map didn't get updated so you can hardly even read it with how pixelated it is. A real shame. The demo showed a completely new UI that looked a lot slimmer and effective with more room on the screen for the actual game, but that got cut for no reason. They also didn't update the commands or add any QoL features like better grouping. This is basically a $40 texture pack. There's a reason it is rated a 2 on metacritic right now.
    you know you bother chris metzen right?
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

No. People literally can't even play the campaign. Happened to me aswell, when loading the very first mission it just kicks you out with a defeat screen. And that's on a fully released version, not a beta, the mission isn't some 40+ hours into the game deal. Literally first mission.

As some people in-game suggested - tried to relaunch the game, it worked the 3rd time. Did anyone try to get a refund?

Quote Originally Posted by Proper Ninja View Post
    you know you bother chris metzen right?
    What?? Having an anime chibi version of Thrall pp and being named Green Jesus would trigger Metzen?? No way... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Oh well, at least we still have custom ga-

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wa...p-makers/14508

-The intellectual property of your maps belongs to Blizzard, not you, and they are not required to compensate you in any way if they use it
    -Copyrighted material is not allowed in any custom maps (which means a multitude of older maps, such as Anime Fight, DBZ Tribute and Pimp My Mario, are now banned)
    -Any content which is deemed inappropriate by Blizzard can be removed at their discretion (which is probably why the shiny new report button is a thing)

FUCK!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    If that's true, then they killed the game faster than they released it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    what the shit... I was fuckin hyped for DBZ Tribute, those fuckers.
    To you, and all the others too young to remember the original game - this is EXACTLY how it worked since the release of the original game. Absolutely NOTHING changed in that regard. If you want something to complain about, please, at least complain about something real
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

15+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately a lot of the planned features seem to have been cut. Cutscenes weren't redone (except for the in-engine Arthas vs Illidan fight, which honestly isn't great), doesn't seem like the campaign was altered, and from what I've heard Anasterian and the other datamined new characters aren't put to use anywhere. Correction: Looks like the Fall of Silvermoon campaign was altered and expanded somewhat, but mostly just in the form of having the additional units and doodads present on the maps, rather than rewriting the story or adding new scenes.

We knew only the first FMV was being remade, the rest I believe were re-rendered at higher resolution and not simply upscaled, so there's that, at least, unless I'm mistaken.

I do think the new character models are solid, but the animations are unfortunately heavily limited by the WC3 engine itself. And I think the Reforged map tilesets are mostly pretty ugly, though again the way the maps were originally designed and the scaling of things like units and trees was never going to translate that well to HD.

In the end I'm not sure this amounts to much more than an HD model pack, sadly. Maybe they'll see fit to support it post-launch and will turn it into something worthwhile over time, but at present it seems at best rushed and at worst half-assed.

Or maybe modders will do it for them.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2020-01-29 at 06:18 PM.

To you, and all the others too young to remember the original game - this is EXACTLY how it worked since the release of the original game. Absolutely NOTHING changed in that regard. If you want something to complain about, please, at least complain about something real
    Sure, thats why DOTA is the most profitable Blizzard property.

Oh wait...