Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Am I the only only to think 8.3 is really complicated?

What even is this corruption thing? I'm doing WQ and suddenly a purple circle surrounds me and I have to take emergency measures not to die.

I mean wtf is going on. I have no idea what is going on in Uldum and Pandaland and why I should be there. The daily quests are soul destroying.

Maybe I am getting too old but this shit is really putting me off playing.

You are capable of writing, but are you capable of reading?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    You are capable of writing, but are you capable of reading?
    No offense, but I have always played WOW while drunk. I do not feel the need to read about it at this stage.

There's a whole questline from the Chamber of Heart involving Wrathion, Magni, the Vale, and Uldum. It explains things from a lore standpoint, and introduces the game mechanics for 8.3. It's not that complicated, just a couple daily quest hubs with Old God stuff.

Here's a link to help: https://www.wowhead.com/news=305319/...guide-giveaway
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

You knew to go there, but can't read why you have to?

Not complicated, just boring

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensea View Post
    No offense, but I have always played WOW while drunk. I do not feel the need to read about it at this stage.
    No offense. Maybe you should put that in your THREAD TITLE, DRUNK WOW PLAYER QUESTION.

That way we know not to bother helping.

Yet here you are because you refuse to read.

Must be quite overwhelming to jump in as a new player at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have always played WOW while drunk. I do not feel the need to read about it at this stage.
    No wonder something simple like WoW's plot and Gear Corruption feels complicated for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    Not complicated, just boring
    You said it better, it is not complicated but I really could not be bothered reading a lot of bullshit about corruption. Boring as fuck.

It isn't complicated, it's convoluted and not worth the effort in the end.

3+ Year Old Account
    What even is this corruption thing? I'm doing WQ and suddenly a purple circle surrounds me and I have to take emergency measures not to die.

I mean wtf is going on. I have no idea what is going on in Uldum and Pandaland and why I should be there. The daily quests are soul destroying.

Maybe I am getting too old but this shit is really putting me off playing.
    This patch was literally designed with "people will learn about it on fansites and from people in trade chat" in mind.
    The information in-game is garbage or inexistant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    It isn't complicated, it's convoluted and not worth the effort in the end.
    It is way too convoluted. A total turn off.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    This patch was literally designed with "people will learn about it on fansites and from people in trade chat" in mind.
    The information is literally under your character menu

Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    Totally agree with this, the rest of us who play the game have been left with "WTF is going on"

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    It’s complicated bc blizz made it that way to seem like theirs extra shit to do..

Love the patch but they really did a number on people not having all of the right information

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    Must be quite overwhelming to jump in as a new player at this point.
    Given that the op’s problems are that they Apparently to drunk to read or listen to voice acted quest lines that explain why you go to the zones I’d say even children would be ok not getting over whelmed.

If you look on your character pane there's an explanation of what the corruption effects on you do, it's the little N'Zoth eye on the right. The quests also explained why we're going to those places fairly clearly. N'Zoth wants the Engine of Nalak'sha so he can get to the Forge of Origination and remake Azeroth into the Black Empire: the world as it was when the Old Gods were free and ruled the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

There's this thing called "quest text", read it sometime.

N'zoth was released at the end of the Azshara boss fight. Nya'lotha is the Black Empire dominated Azeroth made real, and he is pushing that into the real world bit by bit. Uldum and the Vale were invaded because they contain old titan facilities that we need to operate to destroy N'zoth, so he targeted them.

I don't think any of the world quests have to do with the corruption mechanic specifically, I don't know which one you're referring to. But you get a cloak from doing the Wrathion quests which lets you resist Corruption(TM), a new "stat" which is on gear. The gear gets awesome perks, but if your Corruption(TM) gets too high, you get negative effects, which the cloak counters.

Upgrade the cloak by doing the 1-5 player Horrific Visions and beating the boss. Side objectives in Horrific Visions give you a currency that makes Horrific Visions easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.