View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Frankly they should have taken the same approach Activision did with their (extremely well-received) Crash and Spyro remakes, which is to rebuild the game from the ground up. Yeah, it would have been way more work, and it would have cost way more money, but in the end it would have been something they could sell for full price that would actually shift units, with a very real possibility of post-launch DLC sales too.
    They wanted the community still using the original game to not be separated from playing with players in Reforged, which is a noble ambition.
    I think they could have updated the engine for the original game right alongside Reforged, but that might have irrevocably altered how the game played which is a big risk. Wouldn't want to alienate the old community.
    Sadly, it seems they've done just that without the benefits of a modern engine. A profound Lose-Lose.

Don't forget to preorder Shadowlands y'all -this is how your preorder money is spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    They wanted the community still using the original game to not be separated from playing with players in Reforged, which is a noble ambition.
    They actualy wanted to do the least amount of work possible and charge extra for it. What you said was just an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    They actualy wanted to do the least amount of work possible and charge extra for it. What you said was just an excuse.
    I'm going to have to disagree here. Retro-compatibility would have posed issues far more complicated than just making changes as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Don't forget to preorder Shadowlands y'all -this is how your preorder money is spent.
    well yeah, a lot people are basically preordering things out of FOMO for a pet/mount as opposed to actually being interested in the content.

No custom campaign option is concerning.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Wait for a half price sale and then buy it with gold/Bnet Balance.
    TBH, not sure it's even worth that. Although I haven't played it much, it seems to be almost entirely updated textures and not much else. FFS, it still uses the 90s approach of F10 in lieu of Esc to get to menus.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    No custom campaign option is concerning.
    That is especially sad considering they hinted at (in a post-Blizzcon '18 interview) potentially exploring other stories in additional campaigns post-launch.
    Now players can't even do that for themselves.

I bought it for the campaign which i am enjoying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    The path to worse products is never complaining and thoughtlessly consuming. Do rack your brain and think about why that is.
    Actually it's more like people have different opinions about the product they purchase. Rack yours over that phenomenon.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You cant reason with corporate apologism. Blizzard is an indie company afterall. And there were bugs in their older games so this is fine.
    Really? They're cut from the same cloth, as is most others and its pretty naive to think most developers truly care about you and your happiness. CDPR is one such company, but are they as benevolent as we think or are they smartly capitalizing on their popularity? In the end that doesnt really matter as they deliver quality games as we expect form the price we pay. Even if they dont truly care its the better approach, hell of a lot better than the slow suicidal approach most others go for by making people dislike/hate them for outsourcing and making cheap games for a premium price. Even Nintendo did that with Metroid prime, but they were wise enough to scrap it, wish others were as well.

Really? They're cut from the same cloth, as is most others and its pretty naive to think most developers truly care about you and your happiness. CDPR is one such company, but are they as benevolent as we think or are they smartly capitalizing on their popularity? In the end that doesnt really matter as they deliver quality games as we expect form the price we pay. Even if they dont truly care its the better approach, hell of a lot better than the slow suicidal approach most others go for by making people dislike/hate them for outsourcing and making cheap games for a premium price. Even Nintendo did that with Metroid prime, but they were wise enough to scrap it, wish others were as well.
    Yeah, I don't buy the feelgood reputation of CD Projekt Red for one second but even if it's all fake... it doesn't really matter as long as they make good games. If they stop making good games, they'll eventually lose the goodwill of their consumers and that will have a measurable impact. I just don't get why you would throw away your reputation for some quick money. It seems incredibly foolish and shortsighted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Frankly they should have taken the same approach Activision did with their (extremely well-received) Crash and Spyro remakes, which is to rebuild the game from the ground up. Yeah, it would have been way more work, and it would have cost way more money, but in the end it would have been something they could sell for full price that would actually shift units, with a very real possibility of post-launch DLC sales too.
    Ironically, neither the N. Sane Trilogy, the Reignited Trilogy nor Nitro Fueled were full priced games. They all cost about 40€ around here, at least.

Personally, I would've prefered a completely newly engine as well. Possibly with a built in classic mode. Not the ideal solution for sure, but the current game feels a lot like they had to make compromises on each and every turn to make it work.

10+ Year Old Account
    The path to worse products is never complaining and thoughtlessly consuming. Do rack your brain and think about why that is.
    Except someone liking something doesn’t mean they never complain or that they’re consuming thoughtlessly. That’s the cynical nature of the Internet talking. Because according to the internet, EVERYTHING sucks
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Except someone liking something doesn’t mean they never complain or that they’re consuming thoughtlessly. That’s the cynical nature of the Internet talking. Because according to the internet, EVERYTHING sucks
    I won't deny it, yet the very opposite is also true.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can we all agree that the new models will probably get R34 attention at least?
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

7+ Year Old Account
    After hearing all the problems I will probably just wait a couple months for everything to be fixed and ironed out

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So let me get this straight. Basically 50% of players are angry that it's not a complete reimagining, while 50% are satisfied because it's a pixel for pixel authentic update?

I can't say I'm angry. If this catch 22 means HD remakes die out in a few years.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't deny it, yet the very opposite is also true.
    Opposite of what is true?
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G