Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Maybe we’ll get that in the pre expansion stuff?

3+ Year Old Account
    I say we just let nature take its course and allow Azeroth to die. We pop a portal and move to a new world; easy-peasy.
    Don’t ask me to explain my idiocy; I’m in my early 40’s and still don’t understand it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    People are willingly serving Anduin despite his choices constantly bringing misery to his own people and needlessly prolonging the war, with the Alliance still existing only because they had pocket Deus Ex machina generator and because Sylvanas was too busy gargling on the idiot ball the size of Betelgeuse.
    Can you list Anduin's choices that brought misery to his ppl?

There are countless planets that exist without a world soul, can't we just safely kill off Azeroth? It'd get the void off the planet.

The whole azeroth is dying from bleeding was derpy from the beginning.. We hear that azeroth is dying and we need to capture as much blood as possible in our heart to transfer it back to her and then immediately go on a venture to mine azeroth on islands for our faction.. lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    God fucking dammit.

At least if Blizzard is expected to be consistent, Shadowlands' story wont be shit.
    The only things Blizzard is consistent about when it comes to the story is that it will be shit and inconsistent. Including, you know, the ending of Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Can you list Anduin's choices that brought misery to his ppl?
    You mean other than:
    1. giving Sylvanas multiple justifications for war (one of which he outright admitted) that allowed her to sell the war to the Horde;
    2. him getting played like a fiddle by Sylvanas, which she was able to do because he wisely ordered his spies he sent to Orgrimmar after the Gathering to make themselves known to the Horde (despite that giving her yet another casus belli as it was Alliance intruding on Horde territory), which led to him sending Night Elven forces away to Silithus, which in turn led to War of Thorns being what it was, i.e. the Horde steamrolling Night Elven territory, culminating in Teldrassil BBQ;
    3. his idiotic invasion of Lordaeron where the Alliance:
    a) didn't sink at Tirisfal's shoreline before even landing because Blizzard kind of forgot the balance of naval power prior to the addition of Zandalari and Kul Tiras to the factions they themselves explored in A Good War;
    b) didn't turn into green goo at the gates because of Jaina ex machina;
    c) didn't turn into green goo again during their bout with Nathanos and Lor'themar in the outskirts of the city because no reason given whatsoever;
    d) didn't get fucked by Sylvanas instantly because she was too busy gargling on the idiot ball;
    e) still lost a fuckton of troops and ships (that must have been simply stellar for the people that died, especially those who got hit by Blight before Jaina's arrival) even despite their plot armor the size of the Great Wall of China;
    4. his amazing choice to assault the Zandalari and kidnap Talanji to prevent her talks with Sylvanas despite the fact Rastakhan didn't give a shit about the Horde prior to that, which ended with Stormwind being set on fire and the Zandalari actually turning to the Horde for help;
    5. his equally amazing choice to attack Dazar'alor to prevent the full Alliance of the Zandalari and the Horde, which achieved the complete oppossite and prolonged the war and the suffering it created;
    6. his brilliant decision to prolong the war even further because pushing Alliance's momentary advantage would have made the Trolls sad;
    7. him overextending Alliance lines to help the Night Elves just after he told Tyrande he can't help the Night Elves because of Alliance lines being stretched too thin as it was;
    8. his war campaign revolving around freeing Saurfang and hoping something would come out of that because war made him iffy?

All of which led to a situation where Sylvanas' forces outnumbered his to the point where they could have easily won the war even after traitors to the Horde that decided to become his ass polyps crawled over to him to replenish his forces, with Alliance still existing because Sylvanas - whose main goal is to cause as much death as possible - decided to go against her prime directive and noped out of the plot instead?

Gee, I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

If you do not like the plot or the stor, why bother?

And all you said could be turn upside down to make Sylvanas or the Horde look bad anyway.

Just a few points though. If I rememeber right, Talanji was captured by the Alliance while she was traveling outside Zandalar.

And if Sylvanas had her Jailer's power since a while, she could have simply blasted Anduin to oblivion when they met at Undercity then proceed to raze SW while it was plunged in disarray.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The sword was dealt with at the end of legion/start of bfa. Past that we have been stabilizing the planet no where does any one ever say we need to take the sword out in bfa a we were never going to.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    The sword was dealt with at the end of legion/start of bfa. Past that we have been stabilizing the planet no where does any one ever say we need to take the sword out in bfa a we were never going to.
    Not even talking about the problems of leaving this kind of thing that deeply embedded within the planet's core, the sheer weight of the sword is enough to change Azeroth's orbit and inclination though

10+ Year Old Account
    Either the sword and blood is a plothole or they about to make the sword become Azeroth's weapon of choice when she wake up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Given that the corrupting energies leaking from the sword were nullified through the sacrifice of our Artifact weapon(s) and now the running damage from the Wound itself and the Azerite ruptures it caused have been resolved, the sword itself is more or less a structure now. Removing it may cause further damage than leaving it as-is.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Not even talking about the problems of leaving this kind of thing that deeply embedded within the planet's core, the sheer weight of the sword is enough to change Azeroth's orbit and inclination though
    Wow is built on magic not logic the incline/orbit won’t change at all just like how the sword didn’t effect any thing outside of the zone. As to leaving it deep in the earth it also won’t have any effect and we dealt with magical corruption in legion and stabilized the earth/heart chamber at the start of bfa.

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    it's like there's 10 different people writing the story rn and they don't talk to each other, everything feels so disconnected and half finished
    It's a trend nowadays. Like the new Star Wars trilogy!

Quote Originally Posted by alosiboy View Post
    There are countless planets that exist without a world soul, can't we just safely kill off Azeroth? It'd get the void off the planet.
    There are planets that exist without a world-soul. We don't know what losing one when you have it would do to the planet. Not having something and being ok is a very different thing from having something and losing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Arrashi clearly talked at least partially about what the Horde and Alliance (who were warned by Magni about the situation by the way, so they were aware that mining Azerite would harm Azeroth) were doing vide the remark about Island Expeditions. You, by your own admission in the consequent post, did not. Yet you insult their reading comprehension in your not desperate not defense of Blizzard. That's... a position, I guess?

Yet Arrashi was talking about the Horde and Alliance from the get go. Quite explicitly. And before you replied to their post where they did precisely that. What makes it even better is that you acknowledge the mining we did on behalf of the factions anyway (which, judging by the Island Expeditions being one of the best ways of farming Azerite, wins out against the Azerite we mined "the good way" in those WQs). So you could very well ask yourself your own question from above, just substituting CoA WQs for Island Expeditions.

And which part of your protagonist centered morality is supposed to validate your previous claims in light of what @Arrashi actually said? Moving the goalposts and starting your post-goalpost post with an accusatory (yet utterly irrelevant) question doesn't make for a point. Or even for a way to save face.
    My point is if every blood troll, sethrak, mantid or whatever takes the Azerite, it's gone and Azeroth doesn't get it back. If we take Azerite outside of islands it goes right back to Azeroth. If we take it from an island Azeroth still gets some of it back. Us getting azerite is preferable to anyone getting it because Azeroth gets some back. Arrashi is acting like us taking it is exactly like everyone else taking it, which I was pointing out is flat out wrong. Hence why I called him out on his reading comprehension since he didn't seem to get that us having the heart gives the azerite back, which was its original purpose.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    I only want Titan Azeroth to finally emerge, realize she has a massive sword in her chest, remove it and die of blood loss instantly
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    It served as a plot device to introduce azerite, which served as catalyst for the escalation of tensions into the Fourth War (also known as the Blood War). Khadgar even said that Sargeras did much more with his sword than just damage the planet, he destroyed the hope of any peace between Alliance and Horde.
    Makes perfect sense. But like many others I still feel like the sword and the resulting problems in Silithus we were all expecting seemed to be sidelined. I suppose that is to be expected though, with the writers attempting to subvert our expectations at every turn

I honestly think WoD made more sense, as the conflict there had a reason and so made sense. Here it was jumping forth and back between an absolutely idiotic "fakshun wurrr" and saving Azeroth, which did not go together, because the two did not really interject. Yeah, Champion of Azeroth, go forth and slay the enemies of Alliance/Horde with the power given to you to protect the Azeroth.
    Still pissed about everyone in the faction halls going insane to split themselves, especially paladins, priests, druids and shamans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Azeroth is clearly going to transform into a giant lady and wield the sword herself.
    Now that would be an anime moment I would love to see.
    Though all joking aside, I honestly doubt we will ever see her being "born", or, at least, it will disappoint us. I just can't imagine Blizzard pulling that one out. In any case - years and years in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    This is really the problem of BfA: its a complete Frankenstein in terms of storytelling. All ideas seem hammered and they don't seem to connect with each other.
    More like the flesh mountain from the movie Society.
    I'd be ok with the entire of BFA being an Horrific Vision. Rastakhan would be Alive, Saurfang wouldn't become Soifang, Mechagnomes being the last boss of a Horrific Vision called "Gurgthock's Lair"

I miss Garrosh as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    So, at the beginning of BfA Magni calls us to the chamber of Heart in Silithus, where the big sword is buried and "killing" Azeroth, making the Titan world bleed everywhere. So we needed to gather all Azeroth blood into the Heart of Azeroth to save the Titan from dying.

So in 8.3 we kill NZoth with the Heart of Azeroth and we are the hero of the Titan.

Ok.

So wasn't Azeroth dying because of the sword and all the bleeding? Wasn't the Heart of Azeroth supposed to use all the gathered Azerite to heal the planet and restore it... (or destroy the sword or something like that...)?

N'Zoth's attack was in 8.3, aka at the end of BfA. So suddenly the last patch comes, and Azeroth is saved from death because of the death of N'Zoth? ... WTF?

This is really the problem of BfA: its a complete Frankenstein in terms of storytelling. All ideas seem hammered and they don't seem to connect with each other.

Is it only me who is totally disappointed about the end of BfA?
    Did you not play 8.2? The sword was never really a further threat - it was Azshara and N'Zoth taking advantage of the situation.

"The Diamond King has been made a pawn" - Azshara telling us out straight that they needed the heart to unlock/break the titan prison to free N'Zoth, how we played the entire situation into her hands perfectly. It's literally there in-game, so I don't get why people are so confused when Azshara literally told us the entire thing during her fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    You forget the fact the Re-Origination device which can be focus on one point was barely a one-time plot that will never be used ever again, whatever threat we face in the future.
    Very similar to the Vindicaar, which was strong enough to hover over the Legion's base of operations, what with it partially being powered by a Prime Naaru and having a light cannon and all.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.