View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    That can't real - can it?

People are actually buying Ode to Joy and Dominic Frisby's all so amusing ditty all because of Brexit?

Wow! I guess that's proof - if needed - that the Brexit debate is dominated by complete morons.

-------

Having checked Amazon it would appear that this is real and from the comments left by buyers is seems that people are indeed buying songs - that presumably they would not buy under normal circumstances - all to send their little Brexit message.
    Before this thread gets any more senile I should point out amazon tailors recommendations based on your buying and search history. I did not get the same results nor did the people I asked to check this with.

I'm sure there are some sad arseholes buying cash-in recordings, but not that many.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    amazon list is a bit weird, as Ode to Joy is #1 #3 #5 and #8 of top 10 by now. remainers make a point, but also split the chances.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    amazon list is a bit weird, as Ode to Joy is #1 #3 #5 and #8 of top 10 by now. remainers make a point, but also split the chances.
    Split the vote? Have you checked the No 1 album sale in the UK? That'd be Dominic.

It seems the Top 10 are all related to Brexit, I almost shed a tear (almost) listening to Lewis Capaldi's "Before you go" obviously pushed into the UK Top 10 by sorrowful Eurochums sad to see the UK do the off.

3 days...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    Come ooon. This shit can't be signed fast enough. Can't wait til the rotting lump of flesh that is the u.k gets cut off from the E.U

And then in about 20 years time they will try and rejoin again because all the old ancient fossils who voted for leaving will be dead. They won't get any preferential treatment next time though =)
    You think it'll take them that long? The true ramifications will be visible in 5 years, and considering how close the vote was, it's entirely possible it will change in that time. If there is a vote in 5 years for it, anyway.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    UK may find competition in few years, because Macedonia and Albania want to ascend too. EU might prefer countries with eagerness to become a member over special snowflakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    You think it'll take them that long? The true ramifications will be visible in 5 years, and considering how close the vote was, it's entirely possible it will change in that time. If there is a vote in 5 years for it, anyway.
    When the Euro, Schengen, and not having their previous rebate will be on the table as a rejoining condition, I think you'll find a lot of people in the UK currently pro-eu to suddenly be a lot less interested in it.

It may very well take a couple of decades until there's been enough of a demographic shift for EU membership to become viable again, they've got a significantly steeper hill to climb for that than just cancelling Brexit would have been, and they didn't manage that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    When the Euro, Schengen, and not having their previous rebate will be on the table as a rejoining condition, I think you'll find a lot of people in the UK currently pro-eu to suddenly be a lot less interested in it.

It may very well take a couple of decades until there's been enough of a demographic shift for EU membership to become viable again, they've got a significantly steeper hill to climb for that than just cancelling Brexit would have been, and they didn't manage that.
    Our unwritten constitution goes by precedence. So you can look forward to another in/out UK/EU referendum around 2060. Any remainers want to start their tick tocks for then?

If the EU still exists.

2 days until freedom...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Our unwritten constitution goes by precedence. So you can look forward to another in/out UK/EU referendum around 2060. Any remainers want to start their tick tocks for then?

If the EU still exists.

2 days until freedom...
    I think you will find we can have an advisory referendum whenever the fuck we like. Especially now we've "taken back control". Some little shit comes around spouting "precendence" as the reason why we can't do something, we can tell them to sling their hook.

We also have precedence now that when we do decide to rejoin, we can do it on the back of about 25% of the country saying they want to, even if half the countries in the UK* say they don't. And if anyone like you comes and complains about that, we can point you to your back catalogue of nonsense where you decided that an advisory referendum supported by a quarter of the country gave your carte blanche to do whatever you fancied.

Now you've opened this particular little Pandora's box, don't think you can just close it now.

*The UK by this point may be only two countries, so we may be able to rejoin because Wales overwhelmingly says yes while England narrowly says no. Which would be the ultimate fucking lol.

In the meantime we can watch and laugh as all your Brexit unicorns are still-born.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account

Farage final speech

10+ Year Old Account
    You think people are buying Ode to Joy to celebrate Brexit??? Really???
    Would be one of the least craziest things brexiteers are doing, so yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post

Farage final speech
    Ah one less talentless leech on the EU taxpayers payroll, now the UK can pay for him exclusively. And they say the brexit has no benefits!

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Ah one less talentless leech on the EU taxpayers payroll, now the UK can pay for him exclusively. And they say the brexit has no benefits!
    Managed to take the UK out of EU, so not totally worthless

Would be one of the least craziest things brexiteers are doing, so yes.
    Yeah, of course it is!

When in hole stop digging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, of course it is!

When in hole stop digging.
    You are easily triggered as usual and trying to make a mountain out of a molehill, how very brexiteer like of you

You are easily triggered as usual and trying to make a mountain out of a molehill, how very brexiteer like of you
    Yeah, I'm really triggered by you making a fool of yourself... and obviously that must make me a Brexiteer...

... now where'd I put my copy of Ode to Joy?
    Last edited by Pann; 2020-01-29 at 07:26 PM.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    some "Auld Lang Syne" at last in EP

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm really triggered by you making a fool of yourself... and obviously that must make me a Brexiteer...

... now where'd I put my copy of Ode to Joy?
    Looking at the way you reply you come across rather triggered, i am not the one who instantly tried to make this personal for some reason.

Anyway i am just here to laugh at this debacle set in motion by either you or your countrymen, irrelevant if you ask me at this point. So have to disappoint you that i am not going to constantly feed you further, do understand the need to be distracting though. I would need that to considering my grim outlook living in the UK

Looking at the way you reply you come across rather triggered, i am not the one who instantly tried to make this personal for some reason.

Anyway i am just here to laugh at this debacle set in motion by either you or your countrymen, irrelevant if you ask me at this point. So have to disappoint you that i am not going to constantly feed you further, do understand the need to be distracting though. I would need that to considering my grim outlook living in the UK
    I am not sure how you reached that conclusion then again I'm not sure how anyone could reach the conclusion that Brexiteers were buying Ode to Joy.

Yeah, yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
    Managed to take the UK out of EU, so not totally worthless
    Yeah, not worthless. Of negative worth.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

You do understand that Remainers were buying Ode To Joy and Brexiteers were buying that...well whatever that thing dribs linked right?

Anyway looking forward to seeing how our MPs handle finally being accountable. The answer is likely to be badly but hey, that works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    You do understand that Remainers were buying Ode To Joy and Brexiteers were buying that...well whatever that thing dribs linked right?

Anyway looking forward to seeing how our MPs handle finally being accountable. The answer is likely to be badly but hey, that works for me.
    They'll blame the EU. As usual.