View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Typical Blizzard game. Half baked, full of bugs, long on promises and short on delivering. I'm glad I passed on it (then again I've been boycotting Blizzard since Blizzcon 2018). They are a shovelware developer that makes crap as cheaply as possible, and promises things they will never deliver just to get launch day sales.
    2018 huh, took you long enough.

So like, I dont hate reforged,

Lets get the bad out of the way
    but its clear that one team did units and one team did landscape because the difference between the two is often jarring.
    The shaders are all wonky, making units look like they are action figures on a harshly lit shelf. And dont get me started on night elves in shadowmeld...
    the unit closeups when you have them selected are somewhere between good (grunt is stellar, for example) and 'Lifeless Husk in Uncanny Valley' (Jaina Proudmoore for example)
    These same portraits do not articulate nearly well enough. They look horrifying half the time they speak. Somehow old ass 2k3 warcraft characters had more expression with 6 polygons than new characters do with their thousands. (that or maybe the graphics were old so it was more forgivable)
    Bugs suck, but like, bugs happen. im a developer. I get it.

What i like though
    I appreciate cutscenes are high res, and i would rather just get higher res old cutscenes than poorly made new ones.
    I like the new res maps
    I like a lot of the new character models even if i dont like how they articulate or how they shade half the time.
    I appreciate some of the interface changes, and the new feel with the different interface buttons...
    I like the addition of the old murloc maps into the thrall prologue.
    I like the subtle changes to units to make them mesh into wow (bandits in strmguard were syndicate, for example)

Overall is curent experience worth 30 bucks? idk. most of the fun i am having i would have had just playing old wc3.
    but at least mostly its a little prettier i guess.

I heard you can't host your own games(Bnet handles connections), you can't play custom campaigns, you can't even play custom maps offline. It retroactively upgrades any non-reforged Wc3 to be the same except without the models.

I refunded 2 days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaL GuArD View Post
    I heard you can't host your own games(Bnet handles connections), you can't play custom campaigns, you can't even play custom maps offline. It retroactively upgrades any non-reforged Wc3 to be the same except without the models.
    LoL yeah I thought it was a bug.

I can only play campaigns but not custom maps without PvP.

really lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    Not really. Merging with Arthas eliminated his greatest weakness, because he was no longer a stationary target who could easily be crushed and he was no longer imprisoned. He always planned to fuse with Arthas when the time was right.
    Do you have a mental block or are you refusing to see the point? Without the nether crystal he was stuck inside, he is just an orc ghost. The whole point of "da lick king's power" comes from how KJ stuck him inside a nether crystal which amplified his mental powers a metric ton. Without it, he should have been basically just a powerful necromancer with a runesword and lost his worldwide control over the undead.

Sidenote - "a lich" doesn't need a body, he could have MCed any of his minions up the stairs to break him out of that prison if all it took is a swing with a sword? Arthas literally spends the campaign next to kelthuzad, another lich that walks around with no fucking body. Even if he needed a body, he could have "hopped" into one his minions or hell made a gargoyle/frost wrym carry the fucking helmet to arthas and merged with him at lordaeron or even met him half way at least if all he needed was to put on the helm?! The story makes no sense regardless, we just suspended disbelief back in the day and nostalgia doesn't let it go for some of us still.

I tried it last night. Super disappointing to be honest.

I love how the game is running at 144 but the animations are locked at 20.

Gotta love that Blizzard polish.

I still think the game look amazing, with all new models and so on, i look forward to start my campaign this weekend.

But yes they released it to early, no one would cared if they took 2 years for it. make it flawless.

So if you are suprised the game have bugs and stuff on release "DAY".....well duh no shit. It's rare that a game is bug free on release day, but ofc we want it to be.

Custom games was the most obvious thing to be buggy when it were going to merge with the old orginal wc3 with all the maps with all the imported custom models/icons/doodas and stuff that would mess things upp, once again DUH!.

To early release, but i think it will be awesome with time.

So I played a few custom fames with my friend and I have very mixed feelings. The game feels very unpolished, lacks shadows, animations are off and ugly, PBR kills the whole idea of cartoonish warcraft style. The buildings and terrain are from different worlds - the first ones are detailed while the last feels like old crap. Blizzard should have throw like two more years and polish it.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Do you have a mental block or are you refusing to see the point? Without the nether crystal he was stuck inside, he is just an orc ghost. The whole point of "da lick king's power" comes from how KJ stuck him inside a nether crystal which amplified his mental powers a metric ton. Without it, he should have been basically just a powerful necromancer with a runesword and lost his worldwide control over the undead.

Sidenote - "a lich" doesn't need a body, he could have MCed any of his minions up the stairs to break him out of that prison if all it took is a swing with a sword? Arthas literally spends the campaign next to kelthuzad, another lich that walks around with no fucking body. Even if he needed a body, he could have "hopped" into one his minions or hell made a gargoyle/frost wrym carry the fucking helmet to arthas and merged with him at lordaeron or even met him half way at least if all he needed was to put on the helm?! The story makes no sense regardless, we just suspended disbelief back in the day and nostalgia doesn't let it go for some of us still.
    did TFT gave him any power at all???

The frozen crystal, warped and scarred by its violent descent, came to resemble a throne, and Ner'zhul's vengeful spirit soon stirred within it. From the confines of the Frozen Throne, Ner'zhul began to reach out his vast consciousness and touch the minds of Northrend's native inhabitants.”
    you forgot one major point - Lich King AND Frostmourne are connected.

putting them together along with Death Knight - LK getting more powerful than ever.

so it made SOME sense.

WoW story since the beginning makes no sense. it has some many retcons where you can simply rename the game into World of Retcons.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2020-01-29 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    The story of Legion was fantastic. The story of BfA was absolute fucking trash. Golden was hired some time before BfA was released. She wrote the garbage that was Before the Storm. Her hands are pretty fucking dirty.
    You mean the "Illidan was a good boy, he didn't do anything wrong, you're all so wicked and evil because he was too busy torturing souls out of people to explain" story? The "Alliance and Horde have to act like total morons on the Broken Shore to justify FACTION WAR!" story?

Legion's story wasn't as bad as BfA's but it was still pretty dire and most of that's because of Sylvanas who has been atrociously written since Cataclysm anyway.

WoW's writing has been bad since WotLK. I'm not a fan of Golden at all - see: War Crimes - but the writing this expansion is about on par with what's been churned out by Blizzard for years. Draenor is free(eeeeeeee!) anyone? The only difference is people now have a face to stick their blame onto.
    Last edited by Bigby; 2020-01-29 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    You mean the "Illidan was a good boy, he didn't do anything wrong, you're all so wicked and evil because he was too busy torturing souls out of people to explain" story?"
    that's TBC.

WoW's writing has been bad since WotLK. I'm not a fan of Golden at all - see: War Crimes - but the writing this expansion is about on par with what's been churned out by Blizzard for years. Draenor is free(eeeeeeee!) anyone? The only difference is people have a face to stick on said bad writing.
    no, the story was bad ever since TBC.

the butchering of Kael, Illidan and Vashj and a Draenei Retcon where even Metzen felt the need to apologize for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    You mean the "Illidan was a good boy, he didn't do anything wrong, you're all so wicked and evil because he was too busy torturing souls out of people to explain" story?
    Not to nitpick but the insane offspring of a windchime and a strobe light was the one to assert that and similarly suffered implosion for it. Illidan most definitely did lots of wrong shit, he just did lots of wrong shit to do what he believed was the ultimate right shit. There are characters in game who still think he's a shithead who should be killed or locked away for eternity and two of them tell you as much when Illidan gives you his final quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I mentioned the Kingdom Hearts bit to point out that people are glad to replay a game they have already finished if they are given a reason. For a lot of people, new models is reason enough.

I do not necessarily support the model, but I have been in favor of remasters lately after Crash, CTR and Spyro. I think there are way worse things that are not worthy of support. I find it infinitely better than supporting microtransactions in a subscription game, for example, or having to pay to switch from a dead server.
    If Reforged is successful they'll do it again. You having bought it means you support that for potential games like D2/WC2 remake.

Sure in a vacuum it isn't the worst thing imaginable, but that doesn't make it good, or even not bad.

this game is one of the most laziest pieces of garbage ever.. that's EA type of lazy shit

this remaster would've been good had it come out in 2011 or something

Very unpolished (sound/cutscene bugs at this point, wtf?), plus the battlenet changes are stupid. Fucking over old maps/mapmakers is the cherry on top. I'm actually happy I didn't pre-order with my b.net balance.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    So much for "When it's ready." Blizzard used to do polish, but I can't see any here. This is such a massive disappointment... but, at least it does look nicer, and works in modern Battle.net, I guess.

Gonna jump on the general disappointment train here. It feels really incomplete.

Huh, I'm up late because I didn't want to stop playing. Guess I'm too easily pleased; but pff, that's not a bad thing.

Maybe I'll change my mind when I'm halfway through the Undead campaign, but so far, getting just what I wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    Well, that says he was a pupil and not a full-fledged paladin. Again, no notable High Elf paladins during or before the 3rd War that are shown in the lore. If there were even a select few, it would be completely unrealistic to have them shown in WC in a military fashion.
    Doesn't mean there wasn't one. Just because there wasn't shown any Dwarf Paladins in WC3 doesn't mean the didn't exist before.

You're literally just arguing to needlessly disagree for the sake of arguing
    Last edited by Ardenaso; 2020-01-30 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Huh, I'm up late because I didn't want to stop playing. Guess I'm too easily pleased; but pff, that's not a bad thing.

Maybe I'll change my mind when I'm halfway through the Undead campaign, but so far, getting just what I wanted.
    This is me too.