View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
    Managed to take the UK out of EU, so not totally worthless
    I question the "worth" of tearing up a trading agreement, but be that as it may Farage played very little role in that.

Farage was an embarrassment to the official leave campaign to such an extent that they tried to sue ITV when it allowed Farage to speak on Leave's behalf. According to Leave he either had no impact at all or was an active hindrance. This point of view is somewhat vindicated by his inability to win a seat in parliament either for the Brexit party, or UKIP when he was leader of that party.

After the campaign he claimed all the credit. He's just a typical wideboy chancer that normally would have been limited to scamming the elderly with fraudulent timeshare schemes, but got elevated to a higher station by a freak blast of cosmic luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
    [video=youtube;RBMvZRf9Scs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBMvZRf9Scs[video]

Farage final speech
    I'll admit to not keeping up with EU news or who's been sent, but I did not expect Farage to have been sent to the EU. How long was he there? Would've expected the UK to leave sooner with him there

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I'll admit to not keeping up with EU news or who's been sent, but I did not expect Farage to have been sent to the EU. How long was he there? Would've expected the UK to leave sooner with him there
    Getting elected as an EU parliamentarian is the only thing Farage can do, since he failed at every attempt to get a seat back in the UK.

How long has he been there? for some 20 years...
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Thank god this shit is finally over.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Farage is such a fucking retard. Holy shit.
    Does not even get that those people are elected by MPs like him.

Who got permabanned now?

OT: Something something Brexit something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I think you will find we can have an advisory referendum whenever the fuck we like. Especially now we've "taken back control". Some little shit comes around spouting "precendence" as the reason why we can't do something, we can tell them to sling their hook.

We also have precedence now that when we do decide to rejoin, we can do it on the back of about 25% of the country saying they want to, even if half the countries in the UK* say they don't. And if anyone like you comes and complains about that, we can point you to your back catalogue of nonsense where you decided that an advisory referendum supported by a quarter of the country gave your carte blanche to do whatever you fancied.

Now you've opened this particular little Pandora's box, don't think you can just close it now.

*The UK by this point may be only two countries, so we may be able to rejoin because Wales overwhelmingly says yes while England narrowly says no. Which would be the ultimate fucking lol.

In the meantime we can watch and laugh as all your Brexit unicorns are still-born.
    The UK, brexiteers or remainers, won't close Pandoras box the EU will do that for us. Mandatory Schengen, compulsory Euro, no rebates for anyone, Euro defence force etc etc

No chance of the UK in your lifetime rejoining the EU. Good and non fanatical Europeans, the majority like myself, will see to it.

1 day to go...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Thank god this shit is finally over.
    oh nooo, to soon. that shit just starts to gather and the fan is not at full speed yet.
    but expect first meltdowns next week and end of feb/start of march; those dates mean PM will give official UK goals of trade negotiataion, EU doing their homework at same issue and from 3rd march onwards negotiations will start.

stockpile some popcorn, you'll need it

and there is a first sign on the wall: The prime minister is set to tell the EU that he is willing to accept additional checks and friction at border crossings so he can prioritise promises made on sovereignty after Britain leaves the EU.

frictionless trade my ass. NI will be overjoyed....not
    Last edited by ranzino; 2020-01-30 at 04:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    oh nooo, to soon. that shit just starts to gather and the fan is not at full speed yet.
    but expect first meltdowns next week and end of feb/start of march; those dates mean PM will give official UK goals of trade negotiataion, EU doing their homework at same issue and from 3rd march onwards negotiations will start.

stockpile some popcorn, you'll need it

and there is a first sign on the wall: The prime minister is set to tell the EU that he is willing to accept additional checks and friction at border crossings so he can prioritise promises made on sovereignty after Britain leaves the EU.

frictionless trade my ass. NI will be overjoyed....not
    I gotta learn Irish I can properly following the upcoming NI drama. Would be smart for Boris to stay away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Getting elected as an EU parliamentarian is the only thing Farage can do, since he failed at every attempt to get a seat back in the UK.

How long has he been there? for some 20 years...
    If that's the tone the UK has had in EU parliament for over 20 years, then I'm honestly surprised we didn't kick them out. It's honestly baffling to me that you'd send such an anti-EU man to Brussels. Disliking it is fine, but outright hating it, and being the representative you send there? That's amazing.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If that's the tone the UK has had in EU parliament for over 20 years, then I'm honestly surprised we didn't kick them out. It's honestly baffling to me that you'd send such an anti-EU man to Brussels. Disliking it is fine, but outright hating it, and being the representative you send there? That's amazing.
    Lets be fair, he barely showed up a third of the time so most of the time it was fine (he wasnt there)

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    The UK, brexiteers or remainers, won't close Pandoras box the EU will do that for us. Mandatory Schengen, compulsory Euro, no rebates for anyone, Euro defence force etc etc

No chance of the UK in your lifetime rejoining the EU. Good and non fanatical Europeans, the majority like myself, will see to it.

1 day to go...
    Not your choice dribbles. 25% of the country can decide to take us back in. That's the mark you set, that's what you are going to have to put up with. If just 25% of us have a vote that says "rejoin" we are going back in and there isn't anything you can say to complain.

That's what you've defined "democracy" as. Anything that happens now you can just keep it zipped. Unless you want to be a gigantic hypocrite about the whole thing?

Can't wait until we get to see the wonderful new immigration rules. Or the amazing trade deals. Or the economy scream into overdrive. You putting timings on any of that dribbles? Are we getting all those things this year, or are we going to have to wait just a SHADE longer for our wonderful Brexit dividends to start paying out?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

European Parliament liberal group leader Guy Verhofstadt had a pop at his longtime rival Nigel Farage on Monday, saying the Brit's MEP salary is "the biggest waste of EU resources."

Verhofstadt, a former prime minister of Belgium, said on Twitter: "Nigel Farage has been an elected MEP since 1999, but now says he comes out of 'semi–retirement'. As I already warned in 2012, the biggest waste of EU resources is Nigel Farage's salary. Why would anyone re-elect him to this role?"

Verhofstadt attached a video from the Parliament chamber from 2012, in which he said: "You know, colleagues, what I think is the biggest waste of money in the European Union of today is the salary we all pay to Mr. Farage."
    https://www.politico.eu/article/guy-...farage-salary/

Farage has been a sort of laughing stock in the Europeans parliament for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    So about those fishermen, it seems that the fishing spots are going to be used as a bargaining chip for London's financial market.

Would it be ironic that the outcome for the british fishers would be just as much space to fish in and having no way to export their fish to mainland and being forced to sell it off for cheap to other markets.

On the subject of Farage, he is only celebrated by some boomers stuck in WW2 and other disconnected from reality folks who believe britian will become a world power again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not your choice dribbles. 25% of the country can decide to take us back in. That's the mark you set, that's what you are going to have to put up with. If just 25% of us have a vote that says "rejoin" we are going back in and there isn't anything you can say to complain.

That's what you've defined "democracy" as. Anything that happens now you can just keep it zipped. Unless you want to be a gigantic hypocrite about the whole thing?

Can't wait until we get to see the wonderful new immigration rules. Or the amazing trade deals. Or the economy scream into overdrive. You putting timings on any of that dribbles? Are we getting all those things this year, or are we going to have to wait just a SHADE longer for our wonderful Brexit dividends to start paying out?
    You want an example of an amazing deal and what can be achieved without the EU in Europe, here you go.

Norway, UK sign own Brexit deal

https://www.newsinenglish.no/2020/01...n-brexit-deal/

Don't you just love it when Europeans come together as one? And we haven't even left yet, imagine the possibilities in just a few hours time. Even you will be asking what is the point of the EU? Which nation wants a deal next? Join the queue, some are at the front and some are at the back
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    read the fine print: it is just a "same procedure" deal, all other EFTA members have one with UK now. and it is valid only in 2020 or transition period, whatever last longer.

You want an example of an amazing deal and what can be achieved without the EU in Europe, here you go.

Don't you just love it when Europeans come together as one? And we haven't even left yet, imagine the possibilities in just a few hours time. Even you will be asking what is the point of the EU? Which nation wants a deal next? Join the queue, some are at the front and some are at the back
    Yes, such an amazing deal! Since Norway isn't technically in the EU itself the UK/EU Brexit deal doesn't directly apply to them, so they signed a deal that does the same thing during the transition period. At the end of which they will most likely sign onto whatever deal the UK/EU work out (assuming they work out one before 2019 at all).

What an amazing display of possibilities /s

So the rights of Norwegian and UK citizens in each others countries won't change. And the word you use to describe this is "amazing".

I hadn't realised you'd reset your sights quite that low. Nice to see that a small element of realism is seeping back into your dreamworld.

I wait with bated breath for the next "amazing" Brexit benefit you tell us about.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account

So this amazing deal.. Is that nothing changes? Cool

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    So this amazing deal.. Is that nothing changes? Cool
    oh, they'll wish for "no changes" soon.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If any single EU country says no then the UK cannot rejoin.. that is the price of leaving.. that and that any special deal you had is off the table, for example if you rejoin then in principle you would agree to the Euro