10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb It's the Shiz! (flavored Gin)

With everything going on right now, it is enough to make one want a drink.

Source: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/22/b...ntl/index.html

Indlovu Gin is infused with botanicals sourced from elephant dung.
    I think I'll stick to Jinro myself.

Edit: Further down the thread, I tried to open things up a bit more and posed a general question about drinking customs. Scroll down to the boot.
    Last edited by shadowmouse; 2020-01-31 at 12:18 PM.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Well... that's a drink you will never forget.

Not the weirdest drink to come from poop.

One of the most valuable perfume ingredients is whale poop. So, that's that.

And the most expensive coffee is made out of coffee seeds eaten and pooped out by jungle cats.

Then of course we have honey...which is pollen that bees eat and vomit out.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're with @Jinro?
    This one:

Notice the bottle on the right, the plum version shows the brand in English.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Player Eleven View Post
    You're with @Jinro?
    Wtf? It's soju.

Quote Originally Posted by Player Eleven View Post
    You're with @Jinro?
    You know that @Jinro—she gets around!

10+ Year Old Account
    @Dwarfhamster @Jinro

You know, if we ever get together for a drink soju is a good example of the rituals that go with drinking who pours drinks, how the bottle is held, and what games go with drinking it.

Why waste a thread, I think I've recovered from the "oh, shit" moment of elephant gin. But seeing someone overlook what is actually one of the world's best selling alcohols made me check online. Still popular it seems, but that reminded me about everything that goes along with it. Have you encountered any good drinking customs?

Closest I could offer comes from my days in West Germany, beer and a Bierstiefel:

https://www.kegworks.com/blog/german...-history-tips/