View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    How much was the SC/BW graphics update? Surely not $30..
    15 dollars, so half.

There also wasn't 3 separate versions with tiny little improvements. The only addon for Remastered you could get is the Carbot version, which completely and totally changes the look of the game, even from Remastered, and it was still only 10 bucks extra.

Anyone have a total list of the fuckups in this crippled version? Runs horribly, crashes often, connectivity issues, lawyers own all the maps, graphics worse than shown a year ago, camera crippled, cinemas not upgraded, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    15 dollars, so half.

There also wasn't 3 separate versions with tiny little improvements. The only addon for Remastered you could get is the Carbot version, which completely and totally changes the look of the game, even from Remastered, and it was still only 10 bucks extra.
    Do you happen to know if the $30 for WC3R was dropped from a higher price, after they announced all the cuts they wernt going to do? Or did the price stay the same, even though we only got updated graphics?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellyel View Post
    no this is absolutely false. do you remember the Soon (tm) , it meant that blizzard took its sweet time to release anything with an excellent quality, you're insanely deceived.
    No. You're really mis-remembering what SoonTM is. Blizzard would promise something and it would take ages for them to release it even if it was something simple, or Blizzard would fuck something up and it would take them ages to fix it even if it was something simple. SoonTM was never a good thing and had nothing to do with quality, especially in that era of Blizzard where they made the most hamfisted balance changes.

What a lot of you young people don't understand is that Blizzard didn't change, the industry changed and that made Blizzard look bad. In 2001 Blizzard could release a game with the absolute shittiest balance possible in a game (WarCraft 3) and still be ahead of the rest of the industry. StarCraft 1? Horrible balance for YEARS until they hit that sweet patch in Brood War. WarCraft 3? Balance was complete trash until TFT. WoW? lol. Look at Classic even after 15 years. Back then they could get away with it because you didn't have small indie devs churning out something like Path of Exile.

If anything Blizzard suffers from not enough oversight. They've been churning out too little for too much money far too infrequently with too many issues for about 20 years now, long before Activision, long before they were this massive industry titan, and nothing has changed. As much as I love their games their management is piss poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You paid 30 dollars for that.
    Yes I paid $30 for one of my favorite games of all time with updated graphics. Not sure what else you thought you were going to get for $30. We've known since Blizzcon 2018 what was going to be included in the game.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    We've known since Blizzcon 2018 what was going to be included in the game.
    Thats not true. They announced a lot of things would be cut since then and from the sounds of it, the price stayed the same.

Theyre still advertising cut features:

Oh well, at least we still have custom ga-

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wa...p-makers/14508

FUCK!
    Well, thanks for making it such that I no longer want to buy it. Fuck u blizzard. Ruined the ONE thing that might have saved WC3 RF and made me purchase it. I'll be passing.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthiasLehner View Post
    World Editor is exactly the same as WC3, but far more laggier, it's the NOT superior version of the previous, at all. Plus the game is not optimized at all.

Refunded right away, scams like this should never be supported.
    So sad. So much potential, so much missed opportunity.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2020-01-30 at 05:03 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thats not true. They announced a lot of things would be cut since then and from the sounds of it, the price stayed the same.

Theyre still advertising cut features:
    No they're not? This was debunked on Reddit yesterday. There ARE 4 hours of in-game cutscenes with the updated graphics. You're confusing cinematics, which there were never 4 hours of btw, with in-game cutscenes.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Well, thanks for making it such that I no longer want to buy it. Fuck u blizzard. Ruined the ONE thing that might have saved WC3 RF and made me purchase it. I'll be passing.
    If it helps you feel any better that was in the original TFT Terms of Service as well. Everything you ever made with the map editor belonged to Blizzard and they could remove it for any reason they wanted.

Edit: I really wish we could keep the complaints to factual deficiencies of the game like the actual missing profiles and ladder system and clans instead of made up things.
    Last edited by RoKPaNda; 2020-01-30 at 05:03 PM.

You paid 30 dollars for that.
    So?? Its his money, he can do whatever the fuck he wants with it
    An'u belore delen'na

No they're not? This was debunked on Reddit yesterday. There ARE 4 hours of in-game cutscenes with the updated graphics. You're confusing cinematics, which there were never 4 hours of btw, with in-game cutscenes.
    Can you point to me where in-game that Strathholme cut scene is, then?

If it helps you feel any better that was in the original TFT Terms of Service as well. Everything you ever made with the map editor belonged to Blizzard and they could remove it for any reason they wanted.

Edit: I really wish we could keep the complaints to factual deficiencies of the game like the actual missing profiles and ladder system and clans instead of made up things.
    I'm not upset about the "we own yo shiz" part. I'm sad about the "we won't let you steal other company's IP so you can make a fun game in our engine" part, which definitely DIDN'T exist in the original warning.

Literally every one of my favorite WC3 custom games was a rip off of someone's IP that had been turned into a fun battle arena or whatever. Very few of the "novel" idea maps people made were any good.

Also, something tells me the stuff that they would ACTUALLY go out and ban your map for back in the day is drastically different from what they would do now. In addition, the efficacy of what they would do back then is probably vastly different (read: now, they'll be better at banning maps with slightly different names that are the same map as another banned map, etc).
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2020-01-30 at 05:08 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can you point to me where in-game that Strathholme cut scene is, then?
    That particular one with the poorly updated animations and different camera angles isn't, the original with updated graphics however is. TIL companies aren't allowed to keep alpha/beta promotional images/videos on their official websites.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I'm not upset about the "we own yo shiz" part. I'm sad about the "we won't let you steal other company's IP so you can make a fun game in our engine" part, which definitely DIDN'T exist in the original warning.

Also, something tells me the stuff that they would ACTUALLY go out and ban your map for back in the day is drastically different from what they would do now. In addition, the efficacy of what they would do back then is probably vastly different (read: now, they'll be better at banning maps with slightly different names that are the same map as another banned map, etc).
    They're not going to ban you or your map unless they get a takedown request from the copyright holder. That's not a bad thing, that's a legal thing. If you're mad about that petition your local lawmakers? That's about all you can do. That's just an ass-covering legalese statement.

The in-game cut scenes are the same as 2002, but they just use the new models because well.. they are "in-game". The cut scene on their website and at Blizzcon showed animations such as Arthas pointing at Uther and getting close to each other during conversation. The one we got is zoomed out and the models are practically static. People including me expected that all the in-game cut scenes would be reforged similarly. Apparently not. Warcraft 3: Refunded. I think we learned that the Cinematics would be the same from 2019 blizzcon, but I'm not sure they said anything about the in-game cut scenes being cut. Customers shouldn't have to do extensive research from random interviews to find out that flagship features they advertised were cut.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-01-30 at 05:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'm glad I did not preorder it, it's looks like a total mess right now.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

I mean Blizzard will always have fans who defend everything they do and buy it regardless so I donno why you guys are fighting with one of the few people defending this mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    A bit disappointed. While all I wanted was WC3 with 2020 models, it's cheap for male DKs to not have their own model. The cutscenes could have been more dynamic without actually changing its content.

It breaking the old client is pretty shitty too.

This is Star-Citizen-level of bad. Remarkable achievement, Blizz.

I'm glad they focused more on adding female equivalents of heroes, such as Demon Hunter and Death Knight, instead of trying to fix that stupid game(FPS drops, crashes, false advertisement).

I've buyed it only to play to YOUTD. Never expected others things from it. But if they stop doing TD and customs map, my only reason to buy the game, I'm gonna be upset.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    This is Star-Citizen-level of bad. Remarkable achievement, Blizz.
    Hey now, that will only ever be the case if they astroturf pixels for thousands of dollars.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    I mean Blizzard will always have fans who defend everything they do and buy it regardless so I donno why you guys are fighting with one of the few people defending this mess.
    Except if you read my post you'd see that I'm NOT defending Blizzard, if anything I'm defending Activision from the claim that Blizzard's fuckups, of which there are many, are their fault and not Blizzard's fault. I'm quite critical of Blizzard. I have complaints about Reforged, the lack of a ladder system is completely assbackwards to me. My complaint with the community is that they're not keeping the complaints to actual valid things. Complaining about EULA text that's been in every Blizzard game with an editor for the last 20 years is bizarre, complaining that an HD re-release of a game just has updated graphics is bizarre. Expecting them to re-do every single cinematic at great cost to them for a simple $30 re-release is bizarre.

Overall I'm happy with it, I'd be happier with it if it had a functional ranked system. It's not Blizzard's worst release or anything close to it. As far as one of the "few people" defending this mess, you'll find that we're both probably in an extreme minority. Me with my single minor issue with the game, and people like you who think the game is a "complete mess" - Feedback from the average player will probably be somewhere far away from either of those two points. Whining on MMO-Champion and the subreddit does not a majority make.