View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Which is heartbreaking, bc Ive heard Blizz is gauging Reforged's success on whether theyll do WC4, which I would love to play. Maybe they genuinely dont want to make 4 and are making Reforged as shitty as possible..
    If they are and they cancel a Warcraft 4 because of this, then they're absolutely stupid. Stupider than I think we all believe they are at this point.

A true Warcraft 4 would be an instant success based on the name alone, especially if they could bring the polish that was Starcraft 2's level of sheen with it.

Which is heartbreaking, bc Ive heard Blizz is gauging Reforged's success on whether theyll do WC4, which I would love to play. Maybe they genuinely dont want to make 4 and are making Reforged as shitty as possible..
    I heard/assumed the same - that WC3:R was a beta-test to see if there's a market for WC:4.

What I also feel bad for are the devs who worked on it, because most Tripple-A gaming companies pay bonuses based by Metacritic Reviews...

With it's current score, Blizz-Upper Management is probably asking their employees to pay them at this point! /s

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    I kinda feel sorry for all you Real-Time Strategy fans... Because the long-lasting effects of this (Particularly with the Metacritic score of 1.5) means that the RTS Genre is effectively been rendered extinct from this point on.

This remake was people's hope/flagship that the RTS genre could be revitalized, but this buggered launch will pretty much end that hope now and will make new developers (well, the people who control the money) will not want to back any RTS games for a long long time. =/
    Don't be silly. Blizzard has become irrelevant on the RTS for a while now. Age of Empires 2 is king now and has been for some time. Definitive Edition is a massive success both commercially and on twitch. AOE 3 DE is being developed and a brand new installment is also in development.

Blizzard has done nothing for RTS gaming in the last couple of years other than ruining SC2 and now WC3, but RTS games are very far from dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshingo View Post
    If they are and they cancel a Warcraft 4 because of this, then they're absolutely stupid. Stupider than I think we all believe they are at this point.

A true Warcraft 4 would be an instant success based on the name alone, especially if they could bring the polish that was Starcraft 2's level of sheen with it.
    Yeh, thats a fair point. Though, I suspect "name alone" wont carry Blizzard as far as it used to. While Id love to play WC4, I wouldnt pre-order it, nor would I buy into it day one, even though Im sure many others would.

I kinda feel sorry for all you Real-Time Strategy fans... Because the long-lasting effects of this (Particularly with the Metacritic score of 1.5) means that the RTS Genre is effectively been rendered extinct from this point on.

This remake was people's hope/flagship that the RTS genre could be revitalized, but this buggered launch will pretty much end that hope now and will make new developers (well, the people who control the money) will not want to back any RTS games for a long long time. =/
    It's not quite as grim as that. Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition came out recently and it's been very well received, inside and outside the community (which itself endures to this day). It's more or less what Reforged should've been. Plus, there's Age of Empires 4 on the horizon, so I'm not throwing in the towel yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    If you announce your intent to shit on my food 6 months in advance, i will still be disappointed and angry when the day comes. Remaking/updating a game and not updating everything in it is a pathetic hackjob, nothing more, nothing less, and Blizzard should be shit on as much as possible for it.
    Well before the day comes maybe you should prepare and not let me shit on my food then you wouldn't have to moan about it? Even your metaphor is flawed lol

There is enough truth to be mad at Blizzard for, we don't need to start making up shit too lol. You wanna moan about the stuff Blizzard did ACTUALLY cut or did fuck up (and there are a few) then have at it.
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-01-30 at 06:36 PM.

Yeh, thats a fair point. Though, I suspect "name alone" wont carry Blizzard as far as it used to. While Id love to play WC4, I wouldnt pre-order it, nor would I buy into it day one, even though Im sure many others would.
    I would have preordered Day 1 before Reforged, but yeah I'm with you.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account

We have one hope still; AoE4 is coming, and hopefully it's great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    It's not quite as grim as that. Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition came out recently and it's been very well received, inside and outside the community (which itself endures to this day). It's more or less what Reforged should've been. Plus, there's Age of Empires 4 on the horizon, so I'm not throwing in the towel yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    We have one hope still; AoE4 is coming, and hopefully it's great.

Ahhhh - I saw a meme earlier that had an Age of Empire logo on it with yoda saying "There is another", so That explains that part! (Again, not a big RTS fan, so I didn't even know of that game's existence :P)

What happened to the HoTS desing team? Scattered? Laid off? Passing through a tough e-sport moment?

They could have done an infinite better product. Never refunded something before, nor ever thought that the first time would be a Blizzard game.

Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    What happened to the HoTS desing team? Scattered? Laid off? Passing through a tough e-sport moment?
    My thoughts are they were punted onto Diablo 4 - particularly since they announced that Microtransactions of Skins/Mounts is going to be a established part of the game. That was one of HotS's highlights...

EDIT: or do you mean Heart of the Swarm? Hell, I can't keep up with these acronyms. >_<

It's almost as if customers got angry when they got something different than what they were shown. Shocker, right?
    If anyone who truly cared about the product kept up with it, they'd have known things changed but that's not my problem. It's shocking that people will blindly buy products though, as is evident.

So, it appears that Blizzard, inspired by a certain chess club member, decided to ban people when they are helping with refunds on official forums.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/co...s_on_warcraft/

My thoughts are they were punted onto Diablo 4 - particularly since they announced that Microtransactions of Skins/Mounts is going to be a established part of the game. That was one of HotS's highlights...

EDIT: or do you mean Heart of the Swarm? Hell, I can't keep up with these acronyms. >_<
    that would be SC2:HoTS, wouldn't it? lol

I still got a cracked ancient version of Frozen Throne laying around on an USB Stick, which went around in trade school while i was becoming IT. The more i get to play of reforged the more i feel like using that version instead... This is so sad.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    If anyone who truly cared about the product kept up with it, they'd have known things changed but that's not my problem. It's shocking that people will blindly buy products though, as is evident.
    ...oh wow, I'm going to just eat popcorn and watch you get roasted for this line of absolute ignorance! :P

I believe the whole point was that NONE of those changes were announced or even were hinted at being changed, and even you damn well know that - and you lying about that is your problem...
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2020-01-30 at 06:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

The silence on Reforged happened around when the cuts started happening. I know devs were not the key people let go from Blizzard, seeing as it was outsourced when made, I am just assuming Blizzard cut funds during the cuts Blizzard made to their company, cut backs maybe hit Reforged so hard that they were left with little and I even think the whole project was put on hold, there was nothing about the game for nearly a year before we did hear something. I have no idea what went on but the results clearly show.

Already asked for my refund. This is a spit on the face of wc3 players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not as advertised that is certain.

Waht should of happened first is communication. They were mute for nearly 11 months. If there was development troubles then just communicate. A delayed game blah blah blah. Blizzard should of just released the reskin and give us actual reforged later this year. Then I think most people would be content.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    I still got a cracked ancient version of Frozen Throne laying around on an USB Stick, which went around in trade school while i was becoming IT. The more i get to play of reforged the more i feel like using that version instead... This is so sad.
    You should and on top of that you should use a free texture pack, instead of paying $30 for Blizz's: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wa...reforged/11149

Theres also: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-(Image-Heavy)