Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    At some point though you have to give, like seriously, the people dcing because they messed up isn't really that big of a deal. What is a big deal is losing something because a bird farted on your wifi router.
    The Bigger Question is:
    Why should the Game cater to your Disability to get a Proper Connection? If your Wifi sucks, get a Cable.
    If you cant even maintain 30 minutes of Stable Connection, maybe a OnlineGame isnt the game to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    this is one of the worst shit I've seen in this game, literally removing a bad system to add one even worst, stupid devs will never learn.
    I know they have or will have ways to combat your corruption but I think from a lore perspective after you kill nzoth? your corruption should be gone since you cleansed everything. Or at lease since they want you to keep grinding, depending on which difficulty you defeated him on X amount is removed from your pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    The Bigger Question is:
    Why should the Game cater to your Disability to get a Proper Connection? If your Wifi sucks, get a Cable.
    If you cant even maintain 30 minutes of Stable Connection, maybe a OnlineGame isnt the game to play.
    It's not an option for some people depending on location. And even the best internet in the world doesn't have 100% uptime. We have really great internet but there's a bad day here or there

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's not an option for some people depending on location. And even the best internet in the world doesn't have 100% uptime. We have really great internet but there's a bad day here or there
    Then dont play on a Bad day.
    Honestly, if WoW Disconnects mit twice in a reasonable timeframe, I do something else. And do NOT start stuff that may fail if I disconnect.

Its most definitely not the Job of Blizzard to cater to other peoples Technical Problems.

Honestly, if WoW Disconnects mit twice in a reasonable timeframe, I do something else. And do NOT start stuff that may fail if I disconnect.

Its most definitely not the Job of Blizzard to cater to other peoples Technical Problems.
    But there's zero reason to hurt them over it, you don't gain anything if you don't complete it, they should be restartable from the get go.

And you can't always tell when your internet will just poof. Been in the middle of a boss in a raid before raid leading away and then just "poof" internet's out for half an hour.

They should really be more lenient with such a limited resource

The Bigger Question is:
    Because designing activities with one chance gameplay in an mmo is a stupid idea. The servers have gone down so many times as well as random massive lag waves. Why would you create a system that is so reliant on it's creator to function.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    Because designing activities with one chance gameplay in an mmo is a stupid idea. The servers have gone down so many times as well as random massive lag waves. Why would you create a system that is so reliant on it's creator to function.
    Yea, there's also numerous "blizzard caused" reason people have lost their vessels... like what you have said, or bugs in the visions themselves, like falling through the world when feared.

It's not there job but in their best interest. It's not steams job to advertise good games over bad ones but it helps them profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    this is one of the worst shit I've seen in this game, literally removing a bad system to add one even worst, stupid devs will never learn.
    what? how is it worse? its awesome and its really not that hard to manage lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Just being new doesn't make something good or fun. This patch is hot garbage.
    Completely this

I think its an interesting system. I like the risk/reward factor is adds to gearing.

I think there is a lot of balancing that needs to be done with the bonuses though.

That, and they should have made it so all gear is corrupted. As it stands now, I feel that the rng is a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Corrupted gear kinda reminds me of Legion's legendaries, especially early on. If you get the right one, even if you're shit player, you suddenly turn into god of all the meters. If you get bad one...you're screwed.
    How are you screwed?

I mean there's no cap the way there was at the start of Legion.

You don't have to wear the gear if it'll over-cap your corruption so you can bag it for a week or two as you juggle your stats.

The stuff drops like mad so you'll normally get one to two pieces each week.

Why does everyone treat this like it's a sprint and not a marathon?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    Corruption was an Interesting idea, but bad execution.
    Some are way too strong, while some are more or less useless.
    I got a 66 twisted aopendages, which is only a mediocore affix, yet it does 5-15% of my total damage.
    Which is waay to random and way too strong, but some are more than twice as strong.
    When so much of my damage is from random passive proc i barely feel in control of my character, a random proc generator has taken over.
    What class and spec do you play?

My Fury Warrior has a 60 corruption 2% echoing void on their bracers and it's not even in my top 5 damaging abilities. I've noticed similar with my Ret paladin's void effects where it's trumped significantly by TV, Blade of Justice and the azerite trait Empyrian Power.

So are you just watching how much it gives when it procs or are you looking at the overall damage or is your spec just that under performing?

The main problem with corrupted gear is corruption doesn't scale proportionally to the power of the corruption. Infinite stars, for example, should be giving an absolute buttload of corruption to balance the effect, but the amount it gives is easily managed so there's little to no downside to using it, for the most part.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2020-01-30 at 07:28 PM.

You get three guaranteed chances each week if you complete 3 missions.

They aren't one-chance, but they are limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    You get three guaranteed chances each week if you complete 3 missions.

They aren't one-chance, but they are limited.
    3 mission? Wtf is a mission. Why design a complex game like an mmo around one chance activities...

3 mission? Wtf is a mission. Why design a complex game like an mmo around one chance activities...
    You really don't know about the minor and greater invasions?

Sorry, not much I can do to help you there.

Honestly, the corrupted gear system reminds me more of the legiondary system than WF/TF.
    The original, hot garbage 7.0 legiondary system where your mage who got chest/feet got sat for mythic nighthold for someone who got ring/bracers. If you don't have one of the powerful affixes, you're just straight behind people who have them. I have no idea how someone thought bringing that back was a good idea.

Corrupted gear is obviously a lot more common than legiondaries, but you can also keep rolling the same shitty affixes over and over. (at least you can continue to get rolls, unlike legiondaries until later in the expansion)

Unlike WF/TF, you're not hoping for rolls on every single slot of gear - just getting one rank 3 infinite stars is more than enough corruption for most players for now, it'll be a while before anyone's handling two of the stronger affixes without issues.

15+ Year Old Account
    You mean like raids where you get one lockout a week to get gear? And one chance per boss for loot? (Token increases it). You can easily get 3 per week. You get 12k just from doing the lesser Vision daily per week. (3k first day and 1k each day afterwards). That doesn't include anything gained from rares, vignettes, or the 3 invasions. It does suck if you fail. But the gear they are tuned for is not high. And the cloak levels they are tuned for is not high. Some classes have it easier and some tougher.

Even if you only do one tier 2 zone you should still easily be able to get the cloak upgrade per week with minimal effort.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by crazyman2 View Post
    Unlike WF/TF, you're not hoping for rolls on every single slot of gear - just getting one rank 3 infinite stars is more than enough corruption for most players for now, it'll be a while before anyone's handling two of the stronger affixes without issues.
    Beyond this, like I said before, it won't be "players" handling the higher tiers of corruption. It will be on their entire group to handle the mechanics, which means the group you're in will affect your personal performance and theoretical max performance you're capable of attaining. Directly against my desires to be a shining star regardless of who I'm playing with. How people can take this game seriously is beyond me. And you __HAVE__ to take the game seriously if you actually want to beat it (mythic).

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You mean like raids where you get one lockout a week to get gear? And one chance per boss for loot? (Token increases it). You can easily get 3 per week. You get 12k just from doing the lesser Vision daily per week. (3k first day and 1k each day afterwards). That doesn't include anything gained from rares, vignettes, or the 3 invasions. It does suck if you fail. But the gear they are tuned for is not high. And the cloak levels they are tuned for is not high. Some classes have it easier and some tougher.

Even if you only do one tier 2 zone you should still easily be able to get the cloak upgrade per week with minimal effort.
    You have an entire week and multiple attempts to do those things. With vision one dc, server lag, our outage and it's over. You should never design something like that in a game a complex as wow. It's just asking for trouble