View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    Did anyone contacted Blizzard or send feedback???

Graphics are the only thing that is truly good. Props to that Malaysian studio.
    Everything else is what we have problems with. But let's add animations to the graphics, because those are jarring and are screwing up the new shiny models.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    You cant exactly...
    Still working fine for me /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    You should and on top of that you should use a free texture pack, instead of paying $30 for Blizz's: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wa...reforged/11149

Theres also: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-(Image-Heavy)
    Yeah no, Reforged looks 10x better than that mod.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vintersol View Post
    Take a look at Resident Evil 2. THAT'S a remake. WC3 is a bland copy of the old one with less features and performance trouble. It's simply a shame.
    that's because it's not a remake, and nowhere did they say it was a remake. It's a remaster, using the same old game engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post

that's because it's not a remake, and nowhere did they say it was a remake. It's a remaster, using the same old game engine.
    At Blizzcon 2018 when they specifically said it's called Reforged, because it's a lot more than a remaster. Which it isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    it was not advertised as a remaster either, they specifically said it's "reforged" and not "remaster" because it's supposedly not just a texture pack. People actually asked why they call it "reforged" and that was their answer.

People seem to forget that...
    So anyone who wants to argue like "what did people expect - it's a remaster" - no, it never was supposed to be just a remaster until way, way after pre-orders started and changed into one after a year of silence and 3 months before release.
    It was clearly a remaster the moment they mentioned that it would be compatible with Warcraft 3 classic, and will be using that same engine, if it were a remake it would have used a different, new engine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    At Blizzcon 2018 when they specifically said it's called Reforged, because it's a lot more than a remaster. Which it isn't.
    I mean, it kinda is, they didn't just put 4k textures on the existing models to be a remaster, they completely changed every single asset. They remade some maps (at least stratholme, that's how far I've gotten, could be the only one).

And I'm not defending them at all, I'm pissed that they didn't keep their promise about the cinematics, that I can't play custom campaigns and that they removed the ability to play the old client and removed all those MP features (even if I don't really play MP).

But it was still worth the 40$ for me, cause all I needed from it was better graphics, and it very much delivered.

also, outside of some cutscenes I have no issues with performance in 4k resolution on a GTX 1080.
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2020-01-31 at 12:26 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I swear, old Warcraft graphics (visual) looks way more satisfying and good than Reforged one.
    Reforged lighting system, blurred textures and somehow mishandled models creates that "shitty 2002 Warcraft RTS clone game" look. Even UI in the starting window looks somehow blurred and shitty.

The voice acting is simply atrocious

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    I mean there are certainly a number of things we can and should be mad at Blizzard for doing with this game though.

Bait and switch:
    I'm sure you've seen some of the videos showing off the comparison between the trailer scene with Stratholme and what we ended up getting. I've watched your YouTube videos for long enough to know that you're informed (appreciate the content btw). The way that the Stratholme trailer was shown off as being "the standard" RIGHT BEFORE announcing pre orders were available? That trailer is nowhere in game. They completely scrapped that approach.

Lack of planning/Being totally out of touch with the community:
    Blizzard as a gaming company should know what to expect from its audience, shouldn't it?
    https://www.polygon.com/blizzcon/201...ility-blizzcon

Read this article for further understanding if you haven't yet, but it even states that the idea to redo things in the game came from talking to the community. If that's the case, then why all of this backlash? It's probably because of being completely out of touch with the playerbase then. My interpretation on the line, "the communities in Europe and in China [who say], ‘Hey, we don’t think this game is done,'" had nothing to do with the scenes needing a reforge or an update, but rather that the game was not balanced optimally. It sounds like they may have just misinterpreted the feedback and went too far in trying to overhaul the story of the game instead of updating balance and making some tweaks to the story where there was a massive continuity error (such as entering Strat from the wrong side).

Lack of QA:

This game REEKS of rushed to me. The redone Arthas vs Illidan cutscene looks like something I could have done in my bedroom with some action figures when I was 8. It's embarrassingly bad. You're probably correct in saying that they had to scrap what they had and start over, but the Blizzard I KNEW would have just kept the game delayed until it was done. They would not have let it release in this way. They would rather have canceled it entirely than let something like this go live. Not only that, but they merged the two clients into one so even the older game has the same bugs and errors that the new one does.

I just think it's overall just bad. I was really excited for this game to come out. I'm just left disappointed by the end result that we got.
    Oh I'm not saying to ignore the bugs and not be mad. But bugs aside this is exactly what a lot of people were asking for. We're seeing different kinds of bitching, but this is Blizzard. No matter what they did, there'd be an equivalent complaint over something else.

It was clearly a remaster the moment they mentioned that it would be compatible with Warcraft 3 classic, and will be using that same engine, if it were a remake it would have used a different, new engine.
    Youre right, but why is it still $30 for a texture pack? Why are they still advertising cut features on https://playwarcraft3.com/en-us/?

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, it kinda is, they didn't just put 4k textures on the existing models to be a remaster, they completely changed every single asset. They remade some maps (at least stratholme, that's how far I've gotten, could be the only one).
    They say they did, but they have the same animations as original, yet they are advertising that they are new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Youre right, but why is it still $30 for a texture pack? Why are they still advertising cut features on https://playwarcraft3.com/en-us/?

- - - Updated - - -

They say they did, but they have the same animations as original, yet they are advertising that they are new.

They are absolutely new, even lip syncing for the portraits is there. Yeah the combat animations are the same, that's probably an engine limitation, or a balancing limitation since increasing animation frames would impact not only performance, rendering reforged users at a disadvantage over classic users, but also might be some weird balancing issue with animation cancelling and shit which I don't know much about since I don't play competitively.

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    The graphics are fine, the blatant false advertising is not.
    This is the new WOW, and a reason why Shadowlands will be far worse then BFA
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

You really have to wonder if the people defending bullshit like this are paid to do it. If you aren't paid then what compels you to defend shit like this? I would genuinely like to know.

I'll be getting a refund on this shit. The fucking cunts don't deserve my money.

They denied a refund of a fellow Australian(as per the subreddit) until he wrote them an email detailing Australian Consumer Law. Fucking disgraceful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    The voice acting is simply atrocious
    I mean did they even change the voices? I don't really remember how they sounded, but the human campaign ones sound fine to me, so do the horde exodus ones.

Yeah the combat animations are the same
    Right now, theyre advertising new remodled characters and animations https://playwarcraft3.com/en-us/. Theyre lying to people and charging them $30 for a texture pack.

"Integrating cutting-edge modeling and rendering, we’ve rebuilt every hero, unit, building, and environment in Warcraft III from the ground up. You’ve never seen Azeroth like this."

This a complete lie.

They are absolutely new, even lip syncing for the portraits is there. Yeah the combat animations are the same, that's probably an engine limitation, or a balancing limitation since increasing animation frames would impact not only performance, rendering reforged users at a disadvantage over classic users, but also might be some weird balancing issue with animation cancelling and shit which I don't know much about since I don't play competitively.
    Stop cherry picking your responses and answer him.

Why are they still falsely advertising the new Culling of Stratholme cinematic? This is literally against the law.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    You really have to wonder if the people defending bullshit like this are paid to do it. If you aren't paid then what compels you to defend shit like this? I would genuinely like to know.

I'll be getting a refund on this shit. The fucking cunts don't deserve my money.

They denied a refund of a fellow Australian(as per the subreddit) until he wrote them an email detailing Australian Consumer Law. Fucking disgraceful.
    yea bro, I'm swimming in money, or maybe I'm not retarded and don't follow bandwagons, or didn't have unrealistic expectations. I got exactly what I wanted and expected so I'm satisfied.

yea bro, I'm swimming in money, or maybe I'm not retarded and don't follow bandwagons, or didn't have unrealistic expectations. I got exactly what I wanted and expected so I'm satisfied.
    You paid $30 for a texture pack, are satisfied and think youre not retarded? Good grief..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonDays View Post
    Stop cherry picking your responses and answer him.

Why are they still falsely advertising the new Culling of Stratholme cinematic? This is literally against the law.
    It's a teaser... nowhere does it say it's actual in-game footage. And yeah I'm pissed they didn't go through with it but it's not the end of the world.

It's a teaser... nowhere does it say it's actual in-game footage. And yeah I'm pissed they didn't go through with it but it's not the end of the world.
    A teaser of what? A part of the game that doesnt exist? Thats a hell of a tease...