Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Shadowlands, Blizz's Fallout 76?

Hello! with all of the recent discourse surrounding the craven business practices that Blizz have adopted ie. thousands of players being unable to play the unfinished 8.3, the panning of BFA and WC3 etc.
    Is it safe to say that Shadowlands can only continue the patently disastrous trajectory Blizz has found itself on, being the final nail in the coffin, the same way Fallout 76 confirmed the newfound cynicism toward Bethesda?

Or.

We could not doom and gloom and see what the game is like once its actually out?

Nahhhhh
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

These threads are getting fucking old and this game isn't even remotely close to be out.

If you want to compare anything to Fallout 76 it would be BFA. Game is already deep in the shitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the BfA. If Shadowland will continue this trajectory, it would be awesome. Unfortunately I doubt about it, as WoW expansions are good-bad-good-bad (TBC good, WotLK bad, Cata good, Panda bad, Draenor good, Legion bad, BfA good, so SL must be bad).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    I love the BfA. If Shadowland will continue this trajectory, it would be awesome. Unfortunately I doubt about it, as WoW expansions are good-bad-good-bad (TBC good, WotLK bad, Cata good, Panda bad, Draenor good, Legion bad, BfA good, so SL must be bad).
    you got that switched around there.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    That's about as much sense as I would expect from BfA, Shadowlands enthusiast. Good for you!

OT: some people keep parroting about 'waiting and seeing the game', but I think it is absurd, considering blizzcon reveal should've gotten everyone on the hype train by showing the absolute best this expansion would be.

The problem is, nothing that they have shown is exciting enough, and more and more people see it.

And that is not even mentioning current Blizz problems like being constantly behind schedules due to lack of human resources, postponing/canceling content and still delivering a product in a pretty bad shape (8.3, Reforged).

Overall this sums up into quite negative expectations for Shadowlands that no "wait and see" cultists can rectify.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Or.

We could not doom and gloom and see what the game is like once its actually out?

Nahhhhh
    Or.. like demented paople you can just do the same thing over and over and over again without ever remembering or learning. You're not a demented person are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    Hello! with all of the recent discourse surrounding the craven business practices that Blizz have adopted ie. thousands of players being unable to play the unfinished 8.3, the panning of BFA and WC3 etc.
    Is it safe to say that Shadowlands can only continue the patently disastrous trajectory Blizz has found itself on, being the final nail in the coffin, the same way Fallout 76 confirmed the newfound cynicism toward Bethesda?
    "Unable to play the unfinished 8.3"
    how is 8.3 unfinished?
    the bugs were fixed like a week or 2 ago my dude...
    "Is it safe to say that Shadowlands can only continue the patently disastrous trajectory Blizz has found itself on, being the final nail in the coffin, the same way Fallout 76 confirmed the newfound cynicism toward Bethesda?"

people said the same thing about legion when wod was out...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Or.. like demented paople you can just do the same thing over and over and over again without ever remembering or learning. You're not a demented person are you?
    Sorry what is your point?

Im demented because I play WoW? Ok?
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    God damn, dude. No. A thousand times 'no'!

It's fine if you wish to say you believe that Shadowlands won't be a fun experience to you, but to compare it to Fallout:76 of all games is... frankly, dishonest. Fallout:76 is literally a broken game! Everything that happens to it breaks the game. It's bugs that literally break the game!

Why do people insist in making such nonsensical hyperboles that only serve to harm their own arguments?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    you breath every few seconds, you must be demented, cause only demented people do the same thing over and over, thats what your saying man.
    stop it, get some help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    That's about as much sense as I would expect from BfA, Shadowlands enthusiast. Good for you!

OT: some people keep parroting about 'waiting and seeing the game', but I think it is absurd, considering blizzcon reveal should've gotten everyone on the hype train by showing the absolute best this expansion would be.

The problem is, nothing that they have shown is exciting enough, and more and more people see it.

And that is not even mentioning current Blizz problems like being constantly behind schedules due to lack of human resources, postponing/canceling content and still delivering a product in a pretty bad shape (8.3, Reforged).

Overall this sums up into quite negative expectations for Shadowlands that no "wait and see" cultists can rectify.
    Yes, because it's absurd to wait for more information and it's completely logical to yell "DOOM" when we know nothing. I guess we should complain about how boring the World Series is going to be this year because it's so logical to complain about stuff before we know!

Sorry Blizzard didn't live up to your impressive standards...but go on screaming doom, you do realize how they're changing the leveling system is a MASSIVE overhaul and I imagine Torghast is gonna take some work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    God damn, dude. No. A thousand times 'no'!

It's fine if you wish to say you believe that Shadowlands won't be a fun experience to you, but to compare it to Fallout:76 of all games is... frankly, dishonest. Fallout:76 is literally a broken game! Everything that happens to it breaks the game. It's bugs that literally break the game!

Why do people insist in making such nonsensical hyperboles that only serve to harm their own arguments?

This video is a perfect explanation of why no other game in the entire universe of all time could be compared to fallout 76.
    even no mans sky was just a mess of mostly player overhyping and a guy who does not know how to public speak, being forced to public speak.
    i mean a dude literally made a 3 hour video detailing every single bug he found in the game at the time. THE ONES HE ENCOUNTERED not all known bugs.

people who try to compare ANYTHING to fallout 76, just instantly disprove their own thing they are trying to make.
    its like the people who say wod was way better then BFA.

8.3 wasn't unfinished, it's just lazy. The bugs were your average blizzard patch bugs. Does no one rememeber WoD's launch or the first weeks of garrison's? 8.3 was just little inconveniences.

Opposite i think, fallout 76 set HIGH expectations, blizzards demo of shadowlands was very tame, you only got there was 1 new system covenents, abilitiies being brought back, and level squish. Wod would be similar to 76, announced all of these features that were pruned or cut completely on the final product and end up dissapointing.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    Opposite i think, fallout 76 set HIGH expectations, blizzards demo of shadowlands was very tame, you only got there was 1 new system covenents, abilitiies being brought back, and level squish. Wod would be similar to 76, announced all of these features that were pruned or cut completely on the final product and end up dissapointing.
    more then 1 system.
    new leveling systems
    covenents
    soulbinding
    torghast
    and legendary crafting.

and nah even wod was no where close to fallout 76, wod was way better then that complete absolute mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    you got that switched around there.
    I think he stated it exactly as he meant it.

And I think it served its purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Not sure how shadowlands is blizz's fallout 76, if anything that would be BFA. Shadowlands have the popential to be good

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Yes, because it's absurd to wait for more information and it's completely logical to yell "DOOM" when we know nothing. I guess we should complain about how boring the World Series is going to be this year because it's so logical to complain about stuff before we know!

Sorry Blizzard didn't live up to your impressive standards...but go on screaming doom, you do realize how they're changing the leveling system is a MASSIVE overhaul and I imagine Torghast is gonna take some work.
    Massive overhaul? Just how massive do you envision changing numbers from max = 110 to max = 50 to be? Or changing number of gained experience and quests proportionally to accommodate the ability to level 1-50 in any given expansion. Does that sound rocket-sciency enough for you to go "[U]MASSIVE[/U overhaul"?

Also I dont know why you bring up the invalid comparison between WoW and World Series, given that the latter's intrigue hinges on us knowing nothing about how it will turn out. WoW on the other hand must try to give out as much cool info as it can (which it failed to do).

So yes it is absurd, and I'm sorry Blizzard is getting away with it thanks to undemanding clients like some people.