Thread: Baldurs Gate 3

Page 11 of 241 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why do people get hyped for sequels to games that are over a decade old? The original creators are gone, the real vision is lost. Best anyone can do is make their own, new game but using skins and characters from Baldur’s Gate. Whoopdee doo, a reskin using the Baldur’s Gate name to sell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Why do people get hyped for sequels to games that are over a decade old? The original creators are gone, the real vision is lost. Best anyone can do is make their own, new game but using skins and characters from Baldur’s Gate. Whoopdee doo, a reskin using the Baldur’s Gate name to sell.
    3edgy5me

Try harder
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

like omg right? 10 years ago is like literally so long ago I literally cant even. Did they even have internet then?
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    like omg right? 10 years ago is like literally so long ago I literally cant even. Did they even have internet then?
    Throne of Bhaal came out in 2001. Enhanced is just a remaster.

Still hoping it's good, still hyped, and I still trust Larian Studios, but there's a grain of truth (like, 5% of the cynicism) to what they're saying in the sense that game visions and the collectivism of the team that made them do change with that much time.

BGIII being good will be regardless of the Baldur's Gate name, not because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    I said over a decade ago... because it was 20 years. But even then, 10 is a lot, so why am I even taking you seriously....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I own but have not played PoE2, but I have played PoE1 and all it really had was selecting generalized roles (that, arguably, they didn't really do all that effectively). I love the systems where you can do things like:

HP < or = 60%: Use HP potion
    In Combat: Stay at range
    Enemy HP < or = 20%: use execute style attack
    Start of Combat: Cast buffs

For the most part, PoE1's system covered stuff like this, except for using potions and stuff. This seems to get overlooked a lot. I love these types of games, I own a ton of them, good and bad, but I just hate the micro-managey parts where one round of combat takes 10 minutes because I have to tell every single character what to do. I want it real-time, where I can set up the 'rules' for each character, and they just go do their thing, with the option of being able to temporarily turn it off and control them if necessary.
    I don't really remember the specifics about using items as it has been awhile I played PoE2, but the scripting system in PoE2 is overall pretty robust. There are premade AI scripts for all classes with cautious and more aggressive play, and you can fine tune everything, or make your own setup from scratch.

I agree with you though, that BG3 should have a solid scripting system. I personally don't really use it that much as I like to micromanage most of my characters (some classes I don't like playing, I also prefer to be run by AI mostly) but it is still a necessity in a modern crpg. Like you said, not everyone likes to continuously micromanage every character as it can get quite tedious.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't really see your point? How do you know it's a reskin? Maybe people are excited for the name Baldur's Gate because of the lore that comes with it? The town Baldur's Gate, or the whole sword coast area in Faerûn and Forgotten Realms as a whole, and maybe people hope to see old faces (even though there's a time skip of over 100 years, it stands to reason that some of the people we saw in BG1/2 are still alive, and might conceivably show up again), or maybe it is because of the expectations BG3 brings along that it will be another decent crpg (perhaps it won't - but the market for these games is niche as is, so it's nice to see another one), and maybe it is because Larian Studios has shown they can make great games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    Now to hope it won't be a Stadia exclusive or something stupid like that...
    seeing as how 2020 is unfolding so far and stadia's teams statement that they would be bringing more games and i think exclusives to the platform it probably likely will be. it would be a pretty good exclusive from a business standpoint.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't be upset that others are excited for this game.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine some dev studio wants to reboot your fav rpg from back in the day, now imagine its the one dev team that could successfully pull it off.

=hype

7+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-02-16 at 11:30 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Release most likely this year:
    Umh what are you talking about, it's years from release?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberVillain View Post
    Read the first sentence of the linked article:

You’re already looking forward to DOOM Eternal, Get Packed, Orcs Must Die! 3, Baldur’s Gate 3 and many more games coming to Stadia this year.
    Not sure how reliable that is, but it's not impossible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Check the link maybe?

When will we see gameplay?

I said over a decade ago... because it was 20 years. But even then, 10 is a lot, so why am I even taking you seriously....
    At least know your facts man. SoD came out 4 years ago. I highly doubt you've actually played the franchise, good job googling the dates my guy. Either way, its in good hands (Larian has yet to disappoint), and more games in the same universe is also good to have, if you love the universe (you clearly don't, since you didn't even know about SoD).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    When will we see gameplay?
    27.02 most likely.

Nah, Descent into Avernus - a pen and paper D&D campaign has heavy tie-ins to BG story and lore, and that was released last year. The BG part of that story is there to drum up interest for BG3, so that means BG3 is just around the corner.

Sadly as much as I love BG, IWD, Planescape. 5e edition just isn't going to work for me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrias2x View Post
    Sadly as much as I love BG, IWD, Planescape. 5e edition just isn't going to work for me.
    Give it a try. IIRC game will be heavily modified, to be as much enjoyable as it can be on PC.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-02-17 at 09:55 PM.

I am more hyped because its a Larian game. I played a ton of Divinity Original Sin 1 & 2. I don't really care that its a Baldurs Gate. The Baal story is over, this could as well be any other Fantasy RPG.