View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    was expecting the same game i played years ago, only updated graphics and seems that's what i got, so yeah i love it.
    exactly my sentiment! People do love to complain about anything, it's amazing

Quote Originally Posted by jstnw89 View Post
    At a 0.9 metacritic (@ 4400 reviews) currently.. pretty impressive review bombing
    That is ridiculous. Heroes of Might and Magic III HD cut way more shit, including all expansion campaigns, factions, units... but still somehow floats at 4.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    It's an HD upgrade and a modernized BNET and editor.

All I'm pretty much seeing essentially in all the flaming of this game is people being drama queens that they didn't do different camera angles on the cutscenes like they said they wanted to when it was announced.

I've personally had zero bugs and no issues playing it, but for those that have how can you not know thats standard crap on any game launch.

What am I missing?
    You must not have played much. I'm enjoying the game but its a shit show how it's currently released.

So far i've experienced....

- Campaign suddenly quitting for no reason.
    - Game suddenly closing for no reason.
    - 50% fail rate on online matchmaking - says "Game Found" but gets stuck there and won't advance unless game restarted.
    - Random lag spikes for no reason ingame despite being on a high end PC.
    - Incorrect game noises playing (Undead last night said "More Lumber is Required" when i had an abundance of lumber, it was gold i was short on).

There's probably more i've personally experienced - these are just the ones off the top of my head. It's definitely not up to Blizzard's usual quality.

Got granted refund without issue. Thought they would say no since I pre ordered way back and got the promotional stuff for wow with it. Glad it got resolved.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You paid 30 dollars for that.
    and? 30€ is more than fair for this game. The best story of all RTS, really good graphics, plus some goodies for WoW and other BLizzard games. If I have AT LEAST 30h of fun playing it, the price is more than fair. just because the vocal population found bugs on the multiplayer part of it doesnt mean the entire game is bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    It's an HD upgrade and a modernized BNET and editor.

All I'm pretty much seeing essentially in all the flaming of this game is people being drama queens that they didn't do different camera angles on the cutscenes like they said they wanted to when it was announced.

I've personally had zero bugs and no issues playing it, but for those that have how can you not know thats standard crap on any game launch.

What am I missing?
    100% this.!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    That is ridiculous. Heroes of Might and Magic III HD cut way more shit, including all expansion campaigns, factions, units... but still somehow floats at 4.4.
    At least it didn't patch away those features from the original classic version.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Is there any communication from the devs about patches/updates/fixes?
    Not. one. word.

Here is the ONLY CM post

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wa...stom-map/15431

WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE CUSTOM MAP?
    I have no words...........

- - - Updated - - -

"Drama queens"?

Removed features with Reforged

-
    Automated Tournaments

- Clans

- Profiles

- Ladder

- 3D animated campaign backgrounds

- 3D animated portraits in Battle.net

- /slash commands in Battle.net chat

- Communal channels listing

Edit: Adding other things people pointed out as being removed:

- Custom Campaigns

- Battle.net News section

- RoC campaign balance (RoC now uses TFT balance)
    and

Complaints levied at Warcraft III: Reforged run the gamut. The game is ridden with seemingly downgraded graphics, missing assets, shoddy animations, countless bugs, facets of multiplayer not working correctly, recycled cinematics, sketchy performance, and the absence of a UI refresh among other promised features.

Outsourcing more and more to reduce costs. Welcome to Blizzard 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Probably because it didn't destroy the old game by existing.

My Youtube feed is full of videos talking shit of this game...and i mean FULL.
    Did something bad happen here or is all fake drama?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Well the game seems to be a wreck, but yes also drama. So "yes" and "yes".

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Some things definitely happened, but also a lot of bandwaggoning and dishonesty trying to smear the game.

There's a thing about promises I don't give a fuck about. The big cheeses are

1. Reforged is a downgrade
    2. Did you just want to keep playing the original? No longer an option without pirating.

While you can argue there's totally the people who will always hate Blizzard running around, completely nuking the original game with your hot fart of a remaster seems like a grand way to spark mass hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Well the game seems to be a wreck, but yes also drama. So "yes" and "yes".
    My problem is that i have no idea if is real or not...because these videos are by the usual suspects of fake drama
    Yong yea
    Heelvsbabyface
    Thequartering

But then from also somewhat "normal" channels:
    Laymen Gaming
    The Angry Joe

So i have no idea...

I was just going to post something similar. I dont even care about W3 remake yet my youtube feed is flooded with videos about it. I was not sure what was going on lol

They really dropped the ball on this one lol.
    Do you hear the voices too?

7+ Year Old Account
    My problem is that i have no idea if is real or not...because these videos are by the usual suspects of fake drama
    Yong yea
    Heelvsbabyface
    Thequartering

But then from also somewhat "normal" channels:
    Laymen Gaming
    The Angry Joe

So i have no idea...
    So... The game is just warcraft 3 with HD graphics, new models and so on. It's just that.
    Warcraft 3 HD.
    There are some missing features like Ladder, Clan, Tournaments.
    That's simply unfinished and should be at launch.
    Some people have experienced bugs (I haven't so far, but that doesn't mean they don't exist)

However, the main problem lies here: In order to make Reforged and Classic players able to play with each other, Blizzard pushed an updated that forced a 20gb download for Classic players that added nothing for them. In fact, it removed content.

Classic players are also unable to access Clans, tournaments, ladders.
    So now, people who thought "Well, I still have wc3 classic to fall back to" are also trapped in this situation.

tl;dr: The game is "fine" but incomplete. The drama is blown way out of propotion in my opinion. Though fucking up wc3 classic IS a real problem
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    im the one ignoring facts? You have yet to bring literally anything forward.
    Yes, you ARE ignoring facts Mr. White Knight who praise literally dogs poo if it was sold by blizzard.

Multiple people have shown you whats wrong with the WC Reforged website and you still ignore it so welcome to the ignore list Mr. I pray poo sold by Blizzard as the best thing ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    So... The game is just warcraft 3 with HD graphics, new models and so on. It's just that.
    Warcraft 3 HD.
    There are some missing features like Ladder, Clan, Tournaments.
    That's simply unfinished and should be at launch.
    Some people have experienced bugs (I haven't so far, but that doesn't mean they don't exist)

However, the main problem lies here: In order to make Reforged and Classic players able to play with each other, Blizzard pushed an updated that forced a 20gb download for Classic players that added nothing for them. In fact, it removed content.

Classic players are also unable to access Clans, tournaments, ladders.
    So now, people who thought "Well, I still have wc3 classic to fall back to" are also trapped in this situation.

tl;dr: The game is "fine" but incomplete. The drama is blown way out of propotion in my opinion. Though fucking up wc3 classic IS a real problem
    Thank you for the more down to earth explanation.
    There seems to be big problems, like the Old VS New game mess up.

The only thing i was 100% sure on the videos was the "fake" preview beta gameplay Blizzard delivered with Cutscenes a lot better than the final version.
    Which is....more or less...i dont know.

The Old VS New problem seems bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Because most gamers still remember games that were delivered 100% and didn't have "rocky launches." Now-a-days, it seems like every fucking game that gets made half-delivers, expects the early adopters/prepurchasers to actually beta test their shit (upon official "release") and then wants half a year to fix their shit and make the game what it should have been (if they make it that far).

Usually, what happens is a company releases mvp (minimum viable product), it tanks, and they get put on life support, and the IP gets demolished in the process, so we never actually get a damn game we want because "It's not popular enough."

It's nauseating, especially when it's a fucking re-release of a 20 year old game.
    Say..what? Do you even remember old games? Most old games have plenty of bugs and many are just broken. Biggest difference between now and then is that games are more complex now and people have higher standards.

AVGN literally makes tons of money of showing the world all those broken games. Where the hell do people get the idea that games "way back" were delivered as a full package when you had to buy it and when you realised it was broken you couldn't do much about it. No patches or refunds since you've opened and used it.
    Error 404 - Signature not found