Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Horde didn't lose the war though. Anduin and Saurfang both admitted they lacked the forces to win. If Sylvanas had not been stupid and mouthed off she would have won the war.

After that the Alliance and Horde decided to mutually end the war and signed an armistice so they could deal with Nzoth.
    Nah the hord never had a chance of winning that war.

On paper it's very clear the alliance has both a technological and numerical advantage as well as far more advantageous defensive positions.

I can go into detail if you wish, comparing the alliance forces and hord forces at the start of the war, But it would be a lengthy post.

Sylvana's gamble was that she would control the major supply's of Azerite and thus have the advantage of being "the sole nuclear armed super power" but that fell apart when other major sources of Azerite cropped up and the hord could never truly control darkshore or silithus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    They'd be able to bombard Icecrown all the way from Orgrimmar. Northrend expedition was pointless.
    Haha yeah would be game over right there.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Nah the hord never had a chance of winning that war.

On paper it's very clear the alliance has both a technological and numerical advantage as well as far more advantageous defensive positions.

I can go into detail if you wish, comparing the alliance forces and hord forces at the start of the war, But it would be a lengthy post.

Sylvana's gamble was that she would control the major supply's of Azerite and thus have the advantage of being "the sole nuclear armed super power" but that fell apart when other major sources of Azerite cropped up and the hord could never truly control darkshore or silithus.
    You are using logic. Writers dont use logic. Latest information dump said Sylvanas was winning and her forces were the only thing capable of defeating Nzoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    In "A Good War" it was stated that the catapults were enhanced by magic from both Horde mages and shamans to increase their range and destructive powers.
    Is that the Horde's vindicar?

"Why doesn't the Alliance just use their space ship!"
    "Why doesn't the Horde just use their magically enchanted super catapaults!"
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You are using logic. Writers dont use logic. Latest information dump said Sylvanas was winning and her forces were the only thing capable of defeating Nzoth.
    Yea the writers seem to like ignoring that the alliance has.

Tanks, guns, gun siege towers, spaceships, and the same level of mages and shamans as the hord + the racial embodiments of both the light and void.

Bar the Suprise attack on darkshore, in everywhere but the random writers head the alliance was winning. I dunno if they simply over stated the power of the Zandalar navy (as long as that lasted) but the kultiran navy was always called the "most powerfull on azeroth"

But this all using logic ofc, Which dosnt apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    In "A Good War" it was stated that the catapults were enhanced by magic from both Horde mages and shamans to increase their range and destructive powers.
    Waaw! What an unique way to justify a practical absurd... Blizz writers have once more outdone themselves... /slowclap

They lost because they are using catapults rather than the superior siege weapon, trebuchets.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    because writing fluff explanations like "they majik'd it" is not a level of writing a multi-million company want to be at
    so i guess avatar the last airbender is the worst shit ever, cause the entire story is "they majik'd it"
    seriously, how the fuck is "Magic" bad storytelling, in a world of fucking magic.
    i feel like your the kinda person to complain why the car in harry potter flew, or why ANY MAGIC THING HAPPENS in harry potter. "Cause its magic." "Lol they maki'd it, so fucking lazy" dude its a world of magic, of fucking course things are going to be magic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by naeblis495 View Post
    Oh , i'm sorry , i was under the impression that i was playing World of Warcraft and not Avatar the last fucking airbender .

also that's them realising they completly fucked up in their cinematic and trying to justify it with a half assed reason : huh...MAGIC !
    Sounds like you are the one grasping at straws...
    in a universe where we literally have magic bombs, your really gunna scream and cry over shamans guiding balls of fire to their targets?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    If that is the explanation, the usage of catapults kinda feels superfluous. Why infuse a sword with the power of a pyroblast instead of directly casting the damn thing lol
    Cause throwing a giant chunk of rock is harder then guiding a giant chunk of rock.
    think of it as a missle, the main rocket does the hard work of launching it, but the small rockets on it guide it, if it JUST had the small rockets, it would be impossible.

the catapult does the hard work of shooting the rock, while the shamans then do the work of going on from there.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-01-31 at 02:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post

Garrosh would never have made it into Darkshore to begin with.
    why not? with theramore gone he had all settled up, if he actually had that army size he could have done it yes

strangely to believe i know, but Garrosh was a tactician

Oh my God ,are you serious ?

i'm laughing on the fucking floor right now. There is nothing that is too low for them .
    Remember, whenever something inexplicable like this happens, the correct answer is always "a wizard did it."
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

WoW doesnt follow logic, its mostly plot for everything for the sake of looking cool. Tbh alliance would have already won the war had they used everything at their disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I sincerely believe if Garrosh had survived the events of WoD, the destruction of Teldrassil would have still happened.

Garrosh would have just tucked in his legs, and catapulted himself into Teldrassil with Gorehowl in both hands.
    IDC that Garrosh was a bad guy, he was a better baddie than Sylvanas and was probably my favorite Warchief.
    Thralls horde was about honor.
    Vol'jin's was about family.
    Sylvanas was about ??? winning at any cost?
    Garrosh was about KICKING ASS and taking names.

In a world where you can bring the dead back to life, you're going to complain about "a wizard did it" being used?

Come on, you're using RL logic to dictate a fictional world. Who're really the idiots here?
    I'm a thread killer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my God ,are you serious ?

i'm laughing on the fucking floor right now. There is nothing that is too low for them .
    We fire lasers out of necklaces empowered by the planet, travel thru time and space, kill aspects and gods, but enhancing catapults with magic is too much?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    We fire lasers out of necklaces empowered by the planet, travel thru time and space, kill aspects and gods, but enhancing catapults with magic is too much?
    When it come retro actively , yes .

The catapluts looked like normal ass catapults . The reason they gave is retro pedaling when they figured out they fucked the distance of teldrassil compared to darkshore .

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    because writing fluff explanations like "they majik'd it" is not a level of writing a multi-million company want to be at
    It’s the level of writing then have always been look at any big scene in Warcraft rather it be archamond destroying dalaran the wisp blowing him up with the tree, the litch king raising sindagrosa ect ect ect. It’s always just magic there has never been a logical explanation to any of it as Warcraft isn’t built on logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    It’s the level of writing then have always been look at any big scene in Warcraft rather it be archamond destroying dalaran the wisp blowing him up with the tree, the litch king raising sindagrosa ect ect ect. It’s always just magic there has never been a logical explanation to any of it as Warcraft isn’t built on logic.
    There wouldn't be much of a problem if the catapults where SHOWNED as being magically enhanced , like a glow on them or something.

But they weren't because , guess what , those dumbs writters didn't thought of the distance between darkshore and that big ass tree. Then they realise their mistake afterward and try to fix it with a half assed "shut up it's magic"

7+ Year Old Account
    When it come retro actively , yes .

The catapluts looked like normal ass catapults . The reason they gave is retro pedaling when they figured out they fucked the distance of teldrassil compared to darkshore .
    It wasn’t all that retroactive though The gap between the pre patch and the story’s was incredibly short and models don’t always reflect lore.

The mages cast slowfall on the projectiles. True story.

Still, a catapult is just a catapult. The tried and true "set their stuff on fire" approach worked less well with Stormwind (where they didn't even NEED catapults, just a crazy troll with a torch!) since they had the world's strongest frost mage on standby.

BET YOU'RE REGRETTING BARRING MAGES FROM TELDRASSIL NOW, NIGHT ELVES.

(or would they double down on it since mages are the reason it was able to be set on fire? Never know with them.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    There wouldn't be much of a problem if the catapults where SHOWNED as being magically enhanced , like a glow on them or something.

But they weren't because , guess what , those dumbs writters didn't thought of the distance between darkshore and that big ass tree. Then they realise their mistake afterward and try to fix it with a half assed "shut up it's magic"
    The writers have never really sat over the shoulder of the art team to make sure every single magic item is glowing not sure why you think they would now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    The mages cast slowfall on the projectiles. True story.

Still, a catapult is just a catapult. The tried and true "set their stuff on fire" approach worked less well with Stormwind (where they didn't even NEED catapults, just a crazy troll with a torch!) since they had the world's strongest frost mage on standby.

BET YOU'RE REGRETTING BARRING MAGES FROM TELDRASSIL NOW, NIGHT ELVES.

(or would they double down on it since mages are the reason it was able to be set on fire? Never know with them.)
    They had mages in Teldrasil they spent days evacing people and would likely be way to tired to do any thing about the fire by the time it came.