View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Did they show a gameplay demo of that for wow?
    No.

Did they show a demo of war3R showing updated cutscenes as a main addition?
    Yes.
    They specificly say that "game footage is not final"
    And again, thats a cutscene, not gameplay.
    and they did update all the cutscenes, they just dont look like that as people complained so they undid the change.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    and they did update all the cutscenes, they just dont look like that as people complained so they undid the change.
    And for some reason everyone is really shocked and upset that they went back on this change despite them actually talking about it in interviews, like - last year was it?

hey i was playing wow and the game didnt look like this

this is false advertising, i am sueing.
    how dare they show somethign that is not in the gameplay, this is false advertising!
    These aren't equivalent.

The cutscene you're showing is available in World of Warcraft.

The cutscene used to advertise WC3:R is not in WC3:R.

I'm sure you can see the difference now

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    And for some reason everyone is really shocked and upset that they went back on this change despite them actually talking about it in interviews, like - last year was it?
    yep, people complained LIKE CRAZY and then blizz went back on it, and people were happy, and now a year later everyone is acting like they were lied to....

So was this flaming trash pile due to malicious intent to mislead, or gross incompetence?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    So was this flaming trash pile due to malicious intent to mislead, or gross incompetence?
    A little of the last two but its all speculation to what the issue really was. I honestly think someone, be it activation or someone with high authority) didn't want Blizzard throwing their money away in an RTS which they feel is a dead genre, so after the advertisement at Blizzcon they just said 'yea sorry we canl;t throw money into this you gotta make some cut back, this isnt going to make us ALL THE MONEY"

To slightly alter a line those of you will find familiar with Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne between Kael Thas and an Emissary to Garithos. I believe the discussion went ;like this.

Developer "This is preposterous! Am I to build this game with nothing but sticks and harsh language"
    Activision-Blizzard "Bobby Kotick has great confidence in your abilities... be creative"

"

Yeah so much complaints we can still remember them. Ho wait...
    So much complaints that they stoped advertising their product with it. Ho wait...

Nobody critic the gameplay. It's still war3. But right now they released a game without everything they sold as update and with even less things than the original.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thankfully I was able to refund the game under the below specified conditions/information:

[-- REFUND INFORMATION --]
    • The estimated time to process a refund varies from 7 - 14 days.
    • The money will return to the same payment method used for the purchase.
    • If you've not been refunded after 14 days you should contact your bank about it, as they are the ones who process the refund.

[-- PRODUCT SPECIFIC INFORMATION --]
    • When the refund is approved the game license will be removed from your account.
    • It may take a couple of days to fully remove the game from your account, so please do not log into it at all, otherwise that may void the refund and make us unable to start the process again.

[-- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION --]
    • Refund requests are treated as rare exceptions, so will only be able to be performed on rare occasions.
    • If we have refunded a similar service for you, then it may mean we will not be able to offer you another refund within a certain time-period.
    • A refund for most products will only be possible if we are contacted within at most a few days after a purchase mistake.

Gone are the days of trusting Blizzard to deliver quality content. Maybe if Reforged is either heavily discounted or they actually deliver on their original vision with the update I'll reconsider it.
    Last edited by Nokonda; 2020-01-31 at 03:45 PM.
    “Whatever malice you carry I can match with seething fury.” ─ Nokonda
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    • New EULA forbids players from using the map editor to create copyrighted content, which kills many popular WC3 maps.
    This is not true. It gives them rights to remove them at will but that's all. In WoW, there is rule that your character names cannot be inspired by Warcraft or other copyrighted content but it is rarely used.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Yeah so much complaints we can still remember them. Ho wait...
    So much complaints that they stoped advertising their product with it. Ho wait...

Nobody critic the gameplay. It's still war3. But right now they released a game without everything they sold as update and with even less things than the original.
    1. yes, we do remember them, you can see them in this very thread.
    2. yes, they literally announced a year ago that they would be no longer updating the cinematics and stuff, and would not change the lore.
    3. its not an update, its a remaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    We were also hyping with what Sen'jin and Zar'jira actually looked like... nope. Just generic Witch Doctor and Naga Sea Witch models

- - - Updated - - -

Well yeah, since Blizzard loves retcons, then there's no harm adding a High Elf Paladin. Too many Archmages is kinda stagnating and too many.

To be fair, I even assumed that the High Elf Archmage is supposed to be Belo'vir Salonar
    It's just funny, if you read the section on High Elf paladins, it just kind of says they existed, but really as Royal Guards, which doesn't state they are Paladins, just they basically worshiped the Light and then abandoned following, instead taking it from M'uru to become Blood Knights. and Mehlar as a "knight" of the Silver Hand. It would be nice if Blizzard would take the time to actually walk through Alliance races other than Draenei and Human for how they became paladins. All of the Horde paladin lore is pretty established, other than the Sunwalkers being a little awkward as they are supposed to be a Druid.

The Dwarf information on Wowwiki basically comes from the RPG, so them stating it as canon is a little misleading when they are using it for a source.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    While you can argue there's totally the people who will always hate Blizzard running around, completely nuking the original game with your hot fart of a remaster seems like a grand way to spark mass hatred.
    This is quite honestly the most short and to the point statement for the massive furor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

10+ Year Old Account
    Has Blizzard responded to any of this?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokonda View Post
    Thankfully I was able to refund the game under the below specified conditions/information:

[-- REFUND INFORMATION --]
    • The estimated time to process a refund varies from 7 - 14 days.
    • The money will return to the same payment method used for the purchase.
    • If you've not been refunded after 14 days you should contact your bank about it, as they are the ones who process the refund.

[-- PRODUCT SPECIFIC INFORMATION --]
    • When the refund is approved the game license will be removed from your account.
    • It may take a couple of days to fully remove the game from your account, so please do not log into it at all, otherwise that may void the refund and make us unable to start the process again.

[-- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION --]
    • Refund requests are treated as rare exceptions, so will only be able to be performed on rare occasions.
    • If we have refunded a similar service for you, then it may mean we will not be able to offer you another refund within a certain time-period.
    • A refund for most products will only be possible if we are contacted within at most a few days after a purchase mistake.

Gone are the days of trusting Blizzard to deliver quality content. Maybe if Reforged is either heavily discounted or they actually deliver on their original vision with the update I'll reconsider it.
    7-14 days, lol. I followed the instructions here and, no joke, was refunded within an hour of opening the ticket.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    They've got their shitting pants on atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Hate to break this to you...but the moment you let that go online you are forced into the update. Do it offline.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Not one word..which follows their pattern....they sit and wait and do nothing and think "oh it will blow over"..which it wont.

WC3 Reforged is now in its own small niche..the only Blizzard game ever to go to 0.8 on metacritic.

Just look at how good Resident Evil 1 was remastered and Resident Evil 2 remake was great.

We got war 3 with graphics from playstation 1 and they remastered it with graphics from playstation 2. And thats it. How long would it take to introduce an update patch with new balances, new heroes, maybe naga balanced to be played on multiplayer only?

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    I m not going to go through tons of pages, but is it true people arnt able to play the old WC3 after buying Reforged?
    You cannot even play old Wc3 even if you didn't buy Reforged LMAO
    You just get new voices and UI. So that means no clans, totally other lobbies etc.
    And you cannot make new accounts, everything is tied to your own battle.net account(OMEGALUL).

I have no idea what the fuck were they thinking, it's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by KevyB View Post
    Is this for real? I MEAN LIKE SERIOUSLY?
    Last edited by Eazy; 2020-01-31 at 04:44 PM.

So.... if i knew i was basically buying the exact same game i owned for 18 odd years again i probably wouldnt have bothered.. yeah i admit i didnt really read the small print but i assumed it be more than a reskin, i guess after playing RE2 i was naive in thinking blizzard might actually do something other than producing a way to make a quick buck.... maybe a few twists, new missions, perhaps even a better UI and maps that looked more modern...

Still going to play the campaign through again, its something i done every few years any way for fun.... still feel a bit stung by it all, should have known better than to trust Blizzard these days

I read last 20 or so pages and cannot believe the level of some of the white knights. Literally every 2 pages one shill changes the other, but arguments stay the same. Its like reading a script. I mean, i do not want to believe it, but it truly looks like paid shills.

Can you prove me otherwise? Why would anyone so blindly and mindlessly defend an objectively bad product? A product, which ruined an older but perfectly fine predecessor. Why would you guys try to transfer the blame on customer for "too high expectations"????? Why would you defend false advertising, which is still going to this minute??

Please, answer me these questions. I honestly do not understand you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Leave it to FelPlague to find a way to blame consumers again.
    i mean we literally have been asking for them to do this cause "wow lore is shit, we shouldnt let them change the lore from good to bad"