Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    I wonder as a very brown Son of Middle eastern parents ( Syrian and Lebanese ) what my next trip into the gates at LAX would be like? I am flying back to vote this coming election as a goodbye fuck you sort of thing. Either why if you have the means and ability to leave do so.
    Lebanon was listed as one of the countries of national origin that CBP was instructed to question further.

If you're a Shia Muslim as well, good luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Murkowski can go Murkowsfuck herself.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Team Deplorable is writing the questions for the Senators? The defense team is writing the questions for the jury to ask the prosecutors?

What. The. Holy. Fuck.
    Ask the defense team. Most questions have been to their respective "side".

Doesn't matter though. Dunno if Roberts can do anything about it, and Republicans sure won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Yes, the memo to question Iranian born nationals returning from abroad in the wake of a sensitive international incident? Appropriate and hardly the concentration camps you all promised us would happen back in 2016.
    U.S. nationals, in many cases. Not Iranian nationals. In case you didn't know, your nationality is where you hold citizenship, not where you were born.

One of the fundamental problems in this country with the conservative right is the sentiment that becoming a U.S. citizen isn't "good enough," and that you're somehow still not American enough. I'm surprised, if you are a brown minority in this country, that you haven't felt this idea that you somehow have to prove your American-ness beyond your citizenship.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    These moral victories matter precisely zero.

If a president can stay in power despite publicly admitting to several crimes, the system is FUBAR.
    And this is an important distinction to remember and champion. What Trump did is a literal crime. He admitted to it. His CoS admitted to it. And now the entire Senate GOP is saying it doesn't meet the Impeachment threshold.

Literal crimes. Shouldn't be Impeached.

It's being reported that there's loud cheering coming from the Senate Republicans behind closed doors. Fucking traitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Murkowski can go Murkowsfuck herself.
    I'm sure she's telling herself it's to take any pressure off Roberts, but it was clear when she and Alexander joined in on that question yesterday to the WH counsel if they called Bolton, and his testimony totally affirmed the Democrats' case, would it be an impeachable offense, and they answered, duh, no, that's why you directed it to us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool anecdotal evidence. And I'm a brown minority among many who have had no day-to-day issues since this admin took over.

See how that works?

- - - Updated - - -

LOL at the notion that this isn't a free country.

No matter how many times you yell "Hitler" at the sky, it won't make your flawed analogy come true.

Pastor Niemöller says hi.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Ask the defense team. Most questions have been to their respective "side".

Doesn't matter though. Dunno if Roberts can do anything about it, and Republicans sure won't.
    Honestly, we already knew McConnell was coordinating with the White House, and it wouldn’t surprise me if Democratic Senators weren’t coordinating to some degree with the House Managers
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Born and raised here, lived on both coasts and also in the midwest. Never had that issue. Sorry if it bursts your bubble/narrative.

It's almost like you guys are hoping for concentration camps just to say I told you so. Kinda like the crashing economy, war with NK, etc. Anything for a gotcha moment, I guess.

But nah, the country is fine and the vast majority
    of Americans are not out for blood because you're brown.
    You have an established history of getting caught being dishonest--hope you don't imagine anyone will take you seriously on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Pastor Niemöller says hi.
    Nobody is coming for anybody.

The fear mongering needs to stop, now.

And now some likely anti Trumper drove their SUV thru Mar-a-Lago security. Cant get your way...resort to violence.

Yes, the memo to question Iranian born nationals returning from abroad in the wake of a sensitive international incident? Appropriate and hardly the concentration camps you all promised us would happen back in 2016.
    What is that even supposed to mean? Considering YOU HAVE concentration camps RIGHT NOW on your southern border

Born and raised here, lived on both coasts and also in the midwest. Never had that issue. Sorry if it bursts your bubble/narrative.

It's almost like you guys are hoping for concentration camps just to say I told you so. Kinda like the crashing economy, war with NK, etc. Anything for a gotcha moment, I guess.

But nah, the country is fine and the vast majority
    of Americans are not out for blood because you're brown.
    we already have concentration camps. wtf? also your a known liar on this forum. you have the same credibility as trump in that regard. well done mate.

If not for Murkowski heartily embracing the ratfuck, the revelation that Cippolone himself is a fact witness, and has willfully misrepresented facts multiple times, may have changed things. In any other trial, this would have caused an immediate mistrial. What a shitshow.

Rubio: "Just because actions meet a standard of impeachment does not mean it is in the best interest of the country to remove a President from office."

Well there you go, a summary of Sen. Rubio believes of the trial.

So know it is "best interest" which of course mean if the President is on your team. Incredible that these Senators actually make this statement. While he is safe for I think 4 more years, just crushing that he is a Senator from Florida.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    we already have concentration camps. wtf? also your a known liar on this forum. you have the same credibility as trump in that regard. well done mate.
    There's American citizens in them???

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Apparently you are correct, I did some googling as well, and it does seem to be immediate.

While Presidents haven't been removed, Judges have, and they seem to stop being a judge the instant a charge passes the Senate. Example being Thomas Porteous in 2010.

And yes I know Trump isn't getting removed, I was just curious.
    I know you know, you're one of the more thoughtful people on here, was just covering my ass against other replies because apparently that's important to me.

Didn't think to check how impeachment functioned with regard to other roles, thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    True. And while Trump will almost certainly not be removed from office,
    1) he will still be impeached, so have fun with that on your resume, and
    2) it will forever stain his record that the case was dismissed by purely partisan tactics, such as "not hearing witnesses or evidence", like ketchup from an overcooked steak stains a cheap suit made in China.
    As a reminder, they had the exact same "overwhelming evidence" and "irrefutably proven facts" that the House Democrats had all voted to Impeach him on.

To say that impeachment failed in the senate because there weren't the "witnesses or evidence" to prove it is to say that the House Democrats all voted to impeach for a partisan political agenda without the witnesses or evidence to back up their vote
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

There's American citizens in them???
    actually....yeah.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...htmlstory.html

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Looks like it has been happening for awhile, with a recent peak in 2012.