"Just because someone murders someone else doesn't mean it's in our best interest to put them in jail."

The Republican argument is for rampant lawlessness.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    As a reminder, they had the exact same "overwhelming evidence" and "irrefutably proven facts" that the House Democrats had all voted to Impeach him on.

To say that impeachment failed in the senate because there weren't the "witnesses or evidence" to prove it is to say that the House Democrats all voted to impeach for a partisan political agenda without the witnesses or evidence to back up their vote
    Yes, it was rushed and then they expected the Senate to do the rest of their homework.for them. Another example of Dems snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    There's American citizens in them???
    This has nothing to do with concentration camps...

So let me guess... you have NO clue what concentration camps are, do you?

Yes, it was rushed and then they expected the Senate to do the rest of their homework.for them. Another example of Dems snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
    This is nonsense and anyone who applies any sense knows why it happened this way. You know the courts take years. You know the charge is that he's working against this coming election. You know every impeachment trial has had witnesses that did not appear in the House, and I doubt you believe those Houses didn't do their work.

Do you have any posts in this entire forum that don't hinge on pretending to be less intelligent than you really are? Because I don't want to imply for even one second that you're stupid. You're really not. But you seem to think you have to pretend to be.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nobody is coming for anybody.

The fear mongering needs to stop, now.

And now some likely anti Trumper drove their SUV thru Mar-a-Lago security. Cant get your way...resort to violence.
    Trump has already been caught targeting U.S. citizens of Iranian heritage for questioning coming back into the country.

Your open dishonesty is continually amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    This is nonsense and anyone who applies any sense knows why it happened this way. You know the courts take years. You know the charge is that he's working against this coming election. You know every impeachment trial has had witnesses that did not appear in the House, and I doubt you believe those Houses didn't do their work.
    Nah the house had plenty of time to subpoena Bolton but chose not to. Saying "it would have taken too long" is bullshit. They could have easily expedited the process - that's a common thing to do in time-sensitive cases, there's more than enough precedent for it.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

"I worked for a fair, honest, and transparent process, modeled after the Clinton trial, to provide ample time for both sides to present their cases, ask thoughtful questions, and determine whether we need more.

Lol fucking republicans.... Modeled my ass....

Welp there goes any chance of them ever getting my vote in local and state elections again....I am giving up on the whole party
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Nah the house had plenty of time to subpoena Bolton but chose not to. Saying "it would have taken too long" is bullshit. They could have easily expedited the process - that's a common thing to do in time-sensitive cases, there's more than enough precedent for it.
    That's because the White House was already refusing subpoenas. This has been refuted and debunked already in this thread. Stop spreading bullshit talking points.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Trump has already been caught targeting U.S. citizens of Iranian heritage for questioning coming back into the country.

Your open dishonesty is continually amusing.
    Do you ever tire of the constant fear mongering and hyperbole?

So an appropriate security response during a time of heightened tensions is now a dystopian future? Get a grip on reality.

Do you ever tire of the constant fear mongering and hyperbole?

So an appropriate security response during a time of heightened tensions is now a dystopian future? Get a grip on reality.
    Oops..

http://www.rollcall.com/news/leaked-...anian-american

10+ Year Old Account
    The House had existing subpoena enforcement being expedited through the court system, and after 8 fucking months, they were halfway through the process. Saying that suggesting "it would have taken too long" is bullshit is itself bullshit.

But they should have at least issued the subpoena, even if only to have Bolton ignore it.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That's because the White House was already refusing subpoenas. This has been refuted and debunked already in this thread. Stop spreading bullshit talking points.
    As I said, even if they contest the subpoena they could have expediated it through courts and then had him as a witness. Boltons been saying he wouldn't even refuse a subpoena if he'd been issued one anyway.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

As I said, even if they contest the subpoena they could have expediated it through courts and then had him as a witness. Boltons been saying he wouldn't even refuse a subpoena if he'd been issued one anyway.
    McGahn would like to have a word with you...

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Rubio: "Just because actions meet a standard of impeachment does not mean it is in the best interest of the country to remove a President from office."

Well there you go, a summary of Sen. Rubio believes of the trial.

So know it is "best interest" which of course mean if the President is on your team. Incredible that these Senators actually make this statement. While he is safe for I think 4 more years, just crushing that he is a Senator from Florida.
    This is what the Democrats should be shouting from the rooftops starting now. $10M per day advertisement spend in all states with vulnerable Senators and the states Trump barely won in 2016.

10+ Year Old Account
    He said this AFTER the impeachment was complete and the Senate was about to start their trial. Before that, he had been continuing to say that he wouldn't testify unless ordered by a court to do so.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Just like the other guy, you also know the facts, but you are choosing to pretend not to.

They all said they would fight subpoenas. Bolton included. At the time they said this, a subpoena had already been in the courts for six months and still had not reached its first of 3 levels.

No, there is not a super secret process to expedite these. At least not that they have access to. Did you get this from a movie?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you ever get tired of repeating the same old debunked shit, or is that all you know how to do so you're content with your situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Again, what's the problem?

The next Democratic president should make public pleas to all our allies to support their re-election, and then support the election of the next Democratic candidate for office.

By Dershowitz own logic, which Republicans seem to support, as long as the Democratic president felt that their re-election, or the election of another Democrat, was genuinely in the best interests of the country, it would be entirely above board and not worthy of impeachment.

This is the Pandora's box that Republicans are opening. And based off the views of our allies and countries around the world not run by autocrats, it seems that foreign countries would have a more vested self-interest in helping Democratic candidates get elected. Which, from the view of a Democratic president, could easily be argued to be in the best interests of the US.

Republicans: This is your can of worms. This is the slippery slope you are going down. This is how Democracy is chipped away systematically, because some spineless cowards were too afraid find a backbone and stand up for law and order, prioritizing party and power over country.

This nation will eventually lose its place as the dominant world superpower, all nations and peoples do over time. I wonder if history will look to this as the moment the downward slide truly began in earnest, or if the worst is yet to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Just like the other guy, you also know the facts, but you are choosing to pretend not to.

They all said they would fight subpoenas. Bolton included. At the time they said this, a subpoena had already been in the courts for six months and still had not reached its first of 3 levels.

No, there is not a super secret process to expedite these. At least not that they have access to. Did you get this from a movie?
    So what was the point of this exercise if we all agree the Dems lacked the political and voter capital to do it?