Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    You guys seriously hyped about paying full price for only one part of a game? I haven't played the original FF7 so this remake got my interest but knowing its only part 1 of the story and not the full story in this remake is a major disappointment. I'll wait until the complete edition of the remake is here.

So i play the remake now and not even get the ending to FF7? What kind of a remake is that? Thats like if Resident Evil 2 remake ended half way through Resident Evil 2 story.
    It's not just a remake though, they're adding a bunch of new story and content to play through. It's part 1 of the overall FF7 story, but it's going to have enough content and story to be a stand alone game. At least that's the claim, and what i'm seeing lends credibility to that claim.

You seriously believe that? When we have RPGs like Witcher 3 and Skyrim that have easily 100+ hours of gameplay an open worlds that they couldnt fit FF7 into one game?

Come on, they're openly mocking your intelligence...
    >Skyrim
    That game is huge because lots of radiant (IE quests that are basically the same) repeatable quests and side quests, not to mention mods to ensure that you do not play the same game twice. If it was an action RPG like what the FF7 Remake looks like it is going to be, it'd probably be a lot shorter.

And I say that as someone who invested over 2,600+ hours in to the game. I have nothing to say about The Witcher 3 comparison because I could never get in to that game.

And even if you say that the original FF7 was an open world RPG after you left Midgar, you'd still be able to beat the game way before the 100+ hour metric you are using for Skyrim and The Witcher 3. The longest time it took me to beat FF7 was around maybe 50 hours, and that's with heavy materia and level grinding.

You seriously believe that? When we have RPGs like Witcher 3 and Skyrim that have easily 100+ hours of gameplay an open worlds that they couldnt fit FF7 into one game?

Come on, they're openly mocking your intelligence...
    Skyrim, 100+ hours of copy pasted content! The absolute bar for making open world games! /s

And once again, it's not a 1:1 remake ffs. You're not buying part of a game, you're buying a fully re-imagined midgar made into a full game. Please stop with this uninformed take. You honestly think its gonna be a 5 hour game? LMFAO. The game is on 2 full blue ray discs ffs and dude here still thinks it is only gonna be the same amount of content as OG game midgar.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-01-31 at 09:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Yeah, the kids wth adult voices is freaky as shit. Lets hope that month was to re-record those scenes with kids.

And the new rival guy is Roche. There are some theores floating around that he was the faceless trooper that shot Zack at the end of Crisis Core. Could be an interesting plot arc to play through.

And yeah. If Best Wolf isn't playable, I'll be pissed.
    Well he was fully playable in the original game so I don't see them why they wouldn't make him so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Well he was fully playable in the original game so I don't see them why they wouldn't make him so.
    Don't forget, he joins towards the end of Midgar, which is where this part of the game ends. I've heard rumours (apparently based on the leaked demo) that he's not playable and is an AI controlled "guest", and will only join the party for real at the start of part 2.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the kids wth adult voices is freaky as shit. Lets hope that month was to re-record those scenes with kids.

And the new rival guy is Roche. There are some theores floating around that he was the faceless trooper that shot Zack at the end of Crisis Core. Could be an interesting plot arc to play through.

And yeah. If Best Wolf isn't playable, I'll be pissed.
    It better not be the one who shot Zack, otherwise it will be one of the most enjoyable bosses to kill. Still one of the saddest scenes for me beating even Aeriths death, even though you know it is coming they make you think it wont.

They still didn't manage to make Aeris pretty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget, he joins towards the end of Midgar, which is where this part of the game ends. I've heard rumours (apparently based on the leaked demo) that he's not playable and is an AI controlled "guest", and will only join the party for real at the start of part 2.
    Yeah but it is not uncommon to have some characters that join at the end of the game in JRPG happens in many games so I don't see why it wouldn't happen here as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    Reeve looks hot as fuuuuuuuuck. Nggggh
    Even Heidegar isn't lookin' too bad.
    Hahah, yeah "Heidegar" has been renamed "Hi-daddy" by a couple of my friends. Between that and the cutest girl in the trailer being Cloud in drag it's a very confusing time for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    It better not be the one who shot Zack, otherwise it will be one of the most enjoyable bosses to kill. Still one of the saddest scenes for me beating even Aeriths death, even though you know it is coming they make you think it wont.
    It's only speculation, at this point... But a LOT of people seem quite pleased with the idea. To the point that they'll be quite disappointed if it doesn't happen XD.

Personally, I never played Crisis Core, so I don't really have a strong opinion either way. WOULD be a nice addition to the story, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Yeah but it is not uncommon to have some characters that join at the end of the game in JRPG happens in many games so I don't see why it wouldn't happen here as well.
    Indeed. But, like I said, this is based on speculations from the leaks. That's why people are even considering it.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Debating if I want to skip FF7 until PS5 comes out later this year and play it in all its 4K glory. Never got around to picking up a PS4 pro, and at this point, it seems like a waste of money.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You should try playing the OG on steam with the newly discovered Materia Smuggle glitch. Now you can take any materia and smuggle it onto other saves at any point in the game. Want Knights of the Round before you even leave Midgar? You can do that.
    Glitches are the best, that's quite hilarious.

Considering a single part of these games is going be the lenght of a full game, I don't see the problem.

Man, I hope they keep the OG:

- Where is Cloud?
    - He said to go on ahead.

Music starts playing with cloud riding his bike down the stairs

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Square being a cheapskate and refusing to hire child actors for young Cloud and Tifa? Shame.
    They're 16 at the time in Midgar not extremely young kids, your voice barely changes from 15-16 - 21/22. (Puberty dependent of course)

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    They're 16 at the time in Midgar not extremely young kids, your voice barely changes from 15-16 - 21/22. (Puberty dependent of course)
    I assume he means the flashback to Niflheim.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I assume he means the flashback to Niflheim.
    The flashback the two are late 15 early 16 years old. They're not little kids. (I shouldn't have said Midgar there derp on me)

The flashback the two are late 15 early 16 years old. They're not little kids. (I shouldn't have said Midgar there derp on me)
    I haven't seen the flashback in the remake but they were a lot smaller in the Niflheim flashback, you don't grow that much between 15-16 and 20s lol, something doesn't add up.

I'm not saying you're wrong btw, just that Square was weird.

I haven't seen the flashback in the remake but they were a lot smaller in the Niflheim flashback, you don't grow that much between 15-16 and 20s lol, something doesn't add up.

I'm not saying you're wrong btw, just that Square was weird.
    It's anime dude basically. Look at how small Gohan was at 15 when he bodied Cell vs how much he grew once he was an actual adult lmao. Just a weird thing in JP media where they depict "younger" as "way shorter".

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's anime dude basically. Look at how small Gohan was at 15 when he bodied Cell vs how much he grew once he was an actual adult lmao. Just a weird thing in JP media where they depict "younger" as "way shorter".
    Maybe that secretly how people in Japan grow :P

Cloud is 21 at the start of the game, Tifa is 20. The Sephiroth incident was 5 years before that. Cloud left to join Soldier another 2 years earlier.

This would make Cloud and Tifa around 13 at the time of "the promise" flashback.