Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    Yeah Kungen is not much more than a joke now. He caused it himself though, claiming in every single stream how hard vanilla and tbc were and how modern guilds would not be able to compete there, because they were so hard. And how everything is just easy grind now and that's why he doesn't make a comeback and dominate again. Except when he tried to, and they ended up sucking hard so he quit (with excuses ofc.)
    Kungen is not wrong tho. In vanilla/TBC one single boss could take WEEKS to kill.

It takes dedication to raid 12-16h day to kill one single boss for weeks.
    Last edited by ryjkur; 2020-01-31 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Kungen is not wrong tho. In vanilla/TBC one single boss could take WEEKS to kill.

yeah because people were shit at the game
    people leveled to 60 and killed rag in greens when classic re-rereleased

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post

Day raiding was pretty much not a thing back then. Especially not in Vanilla. Good guilds did raid 7 days but no way any of them raided more than 8 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Azolluh View Post
    *Exodus

10char
    I knew it was ex something lol

In other news, I was in Austin last week and I saw Dossou at a grocery store. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him muttering something about “baiting the whip” as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post

You mean people didn't know how to min max a game that has been around for 15+ years....

Yet here we are 15 years later and Method is cheating in the World First race abusing pull timers from the PTR, and creating weak aura's which play the game for you on Raden, OH YEAH way better players.
    Last edited by Stormbreed; 2020-01-31 at 09:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Uh no that's 3. ToGC and ICC entirity of Cata and entirity of MoP then first tier of WoD. Method hasn't had nearly that level of dominance. WoD they got the last two. Legion they lost EN and Nighthold. BFA so far has been dominant outside crucible but if Limit takes it method will have Zero expansions where they took it wall to wall while Paragon has two. I'm still counting cata because ds was a complete shitstorm with all world level guilds outside asia banned. MoP no guild came close to them in 10 and their 10 man kills often beat method for overall first. The only ones they didn't were Raden and Garrosh with Garrosh having to be solo healed because of insane tuning on 10.

Nobody cared about 10. Paragon was done once they stepped down from 25.
    The only reason Method lost the start of Legion was the internal drama that even led to a split in Nighthold. After they got back together some key members, they didn't lose a tier through encounters magnitudes ahead in difficulty any previous guild had to face.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    OK, but that's not the same has having a strangle hold on endgame for as long as Method has. Not even remotely close. They had a brief stint of winning and then disappeared like a fart in the wind.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, that's 2 expansions and a few raids from 2 others. It's not "3ish" and certainly not 4.
    I think Preach summed it up the best in one of the current wf streams. We will never know whether Paragon would be better than Method in the current content. All we know are the facts, and Method has indeed more world first kills, so if you use that as criterion as to who is better, it would be Method. It is also true that Paragon got their WFs when it actually mattered and the most people ever in history cared about the game. Winning Wrath is to some extent the same as winning the whole game forever.

Limit now 10/12

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Nobody cared about 10. Paragon was done once they stepped down from 25.
    The only reason Method lost the start of Legion was the internal drama that even led to a split in Nighthold. After they got back together some key members, they didn't lose a tier through encounters magnitudes ahead in difficulty any previous guild had to face.
    They sure did care when Jhazrun solo healed garrosh.

People discounted 10 man too much, a lot of times it was considerably harder than 25, you had less of everything and blizzard sucks at balancing for small groups (especially now)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    and creating weak aura's which play the game for you
    At least we know you never raided on mythic if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    At least we know you never raided on mythic if anything.
    Oh I did and do , from Wrath on, and yes things are harder, but W/A and many other addon's make it easier. It's a mixture of time invested and help of externals.

Yet here we are 15 years later and Method is cheating in the World First race abusing pull timers from the PTR, and creating weak aura's which play the game for you on Raden, OH YEAH way better players.
    https://legacy-wow.com/vanilla-addons/power-auras/

Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    Rag was only killed in Classic rerelease because it was 1.12 client. It would have been literally impossible to kill Rag in greens pre 1.7 the buffs and nerfs that are in upto 1.12 is basically a different game to what 1.1 upto 1.7 was.

And back then it wasn’t being shit that stopped a kill it was literally the mechanics of the classes and the huge importance of gear.

Method missed enrage badly (hit it at 33%). Its not really a hard enrage, but in that phase when you basically have your entire raid with the debuff that is way too far behind on DPS before the boss will inevitably kill a tank or someone else leading to a chain reaction. Seems their DK stacking strategy that seemed to be smart early on will actually cost them time as they've now begun adjusting their comp after that wipe (down to 3 DKs from 5) to try and get more boss damage. It is already late in the night for them so with such late changes seems it will survive into tomorrow for them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh I did and do , from Wrath on, and yes things are harder, but W/A and many other addon's make it easier. It's a mixture of time invested and help of externals.
    That's funny, it came out in WoD, guess you got a couple expansion jump on the rest of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should totally get a world first. I mean its just a mixture of time invested and help from those cheats.

Quote Originally Posted by Sativex View Post
    That's funny, it came out in WoD, guess you got a couple expansion jump on the rest of us.
    Mythic in its current form was added in WoD, yes, but don't mistake that for meaning raiding did not have a 'top level' before WoD added mythic.

Limit just one shot final boss

Deathwing final phase