Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Well, how about some civil disobedience over this shit? Worked here.
    When people did that back in 2008-2009 in regards to the financial crisis the government just forced them to stop and no one cared.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Yeah, you are literally investing your time into it. over many pages. I'd say it makes you overly invested.
    Whatever floats your boat, mate. If it makes you feel better - you can believe whatever you want.

You know what I'm really invested into nowadays? Gas prices, housing prices and overly expensive subpar kindergartens. Once we get threads on this running you can be sure I'll post there on every single bloody page.

US, Trump, Dems and other nonsense is so down on my priorities that you can almost consider this my side hobby - it's like a stand-up show or a movie - entertainment. It's just a really long running movie, it's not like Star Wars where I toss 2 comments and it's gone and done. Here you have new nonsense from time to time, so this goes for longer comments-wise too.

Does that make me invested into it? As much as it makes me invested into Brexit or other crap I commented on in these forums - not much really.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Whatever floats your boat, mate. If it makes you feel better - you can believe whatever you want.

You know what I'm really invested into nowadays? Gas prices, housing prices and overly expensive subpar kindergartens. Once we get threads on this running you can be sure I'll post there on every single bloody page.

US, Trump, Dems and other nonsense is so down on my priorities that you can almost consider this my side hobby - it's like a stand-up show or a movie - entertainment. It's just a really long running movie, it's not like Star Wars where I toss 2 comments and it's gone and done. Here you have new nonsense from time to time, so this goes for longer comments-wise too.

Does that make me invested into it? As much as it makes me invested into Brexit or other crap I commented on in these forums - not much really.
    eh i'm just gonna tag you as going off topic now.

Voting on subpoenas now, on Bolton now, they are voting to table it.

- - - Updated - - -

God I would love for this Supreme Justice to just go off on the Republicans for this and their actions and call them out for the kangaroo court they have created.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    God I would love for this Supreme Justice to just go off on the Republicans for this and their actions and call them out for the kangaroo court they have created.
    Implying Roberts hasn't been instrumental in getting the US to this point.

Which is why I was tickled pink by Warren forcing him to read aloud a question as to what he's gonna be remembered for in light of these events. If there's one known factor about Roberts is that he's terrified of ending up in the ranks of the shitty SCOTUS justices with Roger Taney.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Implying Roberts hasn't been instrumental in getting the US to this point.

Which is why I was tickled pink by Warren forcing him to read aloud a question as to what he's gonna be remembered for in light of these events. If there's one known factor about Roberts is that he's terrified of ending up in the ranks of the shitty SCOTUS justices with Roger Taney.
    Bolton will not be called. He needs to go public on this.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Apparently Mitt Romney was uninvited to CPAC because he, um, *checks notes* voted to hear witnesses in a trial like every other god damned trial to ever happen in this country.
    Makes sense, because conservatism will always push for brutal authoritarianism. The political compass should reflect that fact. Conservatism only has one trajectory, a destination in which hundreds of millions of human beings have already been murdered, exterminated, maimed, traumatized, and every time it gets repackaged and re-disseminated into the public sphere after the atrocities itself created to restart the cycle.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Roberts says it would be ‘inappropriate’ for him to act as a tie-breaker.

"Senator Chuck Schumer of New York, the Democratic leader, on Friday evening asked a pointed question of Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr.: Was he aware that the chief justice during President Andrew Johnson’s impeachment trial acted as the tie-breaker on two separate votes?

Democrats have groused that the chief justice has not played an active enough role in President Trump’s impeachment trial, but Mr. Schumer appeared to ask the question simply to enter the query in the public record.

Chief Justice Roberts appeared to be prepared for the question, and read his answer off a sheet of paper. It was probably not the answer Mr. Schumer had hoped to hear.

“I think it would be inappropriate for me, an unelected official from a different branch of government, to change that result so that the motion would succeed,” Chief Justice Roberts said."

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/tr...ts-tie-breaker

Yeah, you are literally investing your time into it. over many pages. I'd say it makes you overly invested.
    Meh he loves Trump as long as he keeps giving Israel whatever it wants like a 300 lbs kid being fed cake, it's not like Trump's other policies affect him so he supports him.

- - - Updated - - -

Bolton's book will be published on time regardless of what the white house says, it will probably be a best seller. All we can hope for is all this sticks around long enough to hurt those so called moderate senators in November. When push comes to shove most of the GOP falls in line.

And he will...he is gonna milk this as more leaks = more money

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Yes, the memo to question Iranian born nationals returning from abroad in the wake of a sensitive international incident? Appropriate and hardly the concentration camps you all promised us would happen back in 2016.
    You going to be saying this when there are millions paid out in violation of civil rights lawsuits against the US government?

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post

Bolton's book will be published on time regardless of what the white house says, it will probably be a best seller. All we can hope for is all this sticks around long enough to hurt those so called moderate senators in November. When push comes to shove most of the GOP falls in line.
    Even assuming Jones lose I see a +3...at minimum...right now...(This just cost Collins even if she voted yes, Tillis, McSally and Gardner their seat)

That doesn't even take into consideration GA and KS open seats and their primaries being a race to see who get get up Trump's assssss....er...yeah the furthest which just like Alabama there is a real possibility that a Democrat could sneak in (especially if Abrams is a VP)...then this now puts slightly vunerable senators like Ernst from Iowa in play if this mess get even worse...which it possibly will at this point.

This isn't something that people will forget about...the Republican who voted yes will have this basically tattooed on them for the rest of their careers and when the Great Recon begins and you can't find a soul who voted for Trump is gonna be real hard to rub that off.
    Last edited by akris15; 2020-02-01 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    Even assuming Jones lose I see a +4...at minimum...right now...

That doesn't even take into consideration GA and KS open seats and their primaries being a race to see who get get up Trump's assssss....er...yeah the furthest which just like Alabama there is a real possibility that a Democrat could sneak in (especially if Abrams is a VP)...then this now puts slightly vunerable senators like Ernst from Iowa in play if this mess get even worse...which it possibly will at this point.
    Of course this all hangs on Democrats running a brutal cut throat campaign, I cannot say this enough democrats need to stop taking the high road. This election everything is on the line so take off the kid gloves the only thing that matters is winning no matter what it takes.

Of course this all hangs on Democrats running a brutal cut throat campaign, I cannot say this enough democrats need to stop taking the high road. This election everything is on the line so take off the kid gloves the only thing that matters is winning no matter what it takes.
    I think the PACs will take care of that the main campaigns tend to be lousy but the PACs are decent.

Still there are too many seats to defend in the Senate and we all know there is more to come...

Honestly the republicans blocking witnesses most likely helps democrats in the election, anything bolton would have said under oath will still come out in his book and now they can rake republicans over the coals for being spinless shitbags.

They house needs to keep chugging and call Bolton in and spend the next few months raking them over the coals for their actions getting more and more evidence out and get more articles going and this time, do it right.

Start releasing them individually to them and force them to hold hearings on them all, one at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Existential danger? C'mon now.

How is your day to day life any worse than 4 years ago?

Economy is doing fine, we're in no major conflicts and healthcare will never be fixed in this country for many reasons- so just resign yourself to that fact and stop living everyday in a constant pendulum of either fear or outrage. You'll live longer.
    I am sorry but your head must be so far Trump's ass you can't see sun light, How is your life worse than 4 years ago? are you fucking kidding me?

You are on the internet thanks to Donald Trump if you aren't using VPN your service is worse and your ISP is selling your information all part of a lie that it would spurr competition. Air and water pollution standards have gone to shit in the name of corporate profit, he is currently fighting CA to put more poison in the air on top of the lower standards for power plants including coal. The EPA is now the environmental pollution agency because people's lives no longer play a part in policy decisions, your broker which was going to be held to a higher standard has gone back to be able to fuck you over as part of his job. That's not even going into safety standards for food which is the reason we are getting more recalls under this administration than any other. The secretary of education is a moron who is screwing our kids education standards so she can fucking stuff her families pockets, there are so many morons running so many agencies into the ground the list is too long.

You can come back and say you don't care about that because you got your crazy conservative judges and you are this close to forcing rape victims to carry their babies to terms and you hate immigrants to it's all worth it. But this whole well your life isn't worse is just plain fucking stupid you have to really not been paying attention to notice how much more dangerous things have gotten.

The never trumpers started a pac just to do that. Check out the ad they put out on collins for tabling witnesses. they destroy her.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    They are still saying that the acquittal vote won't come until Wednesday - one day after the SOTU address. I find that highly suspicious.

- - - Updated - - -

The never trumpers started a pac just to do that. Check out the ad they put out on collins for tabling witnesses. they destroy her.
    Is there a viable candidate to run against her in Maine?
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-02-01 at 01:09 AM.