Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yeah let's all chip in.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Remember when Bungie bought themselves out from under MS they had to leave Halo behind. What would Blizzard be without Starcraft, Warcraft and Diablo?
    SC, WC, and Diablo are all intellectual properties of Blizzard Entertainment, they were from the company prior to their merger with Activision, they aren't owned by Activision Blizzard and they would likely get to keep these IPs. They would probably lose Overwatch with so shaky ends over Hearthstone and HotS.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    who's to say that there aren't at least some WoW players that are billionaires IRL.
    More than one would be surprising, IF theres one at all. Are you aware how much a billion dollars actually is? Put it in context, a million seconds is 11 days, a billion seconds is 31 years... There are 2,604 billionaires in the world, so its not entirely impossible, but the chances are super slim.

Even if every active User chipped 500 $ it wouldn't be enough.
    Last edited by Nightstalker; 2020-02-01 at 12:18 AM.

Plot twist, everyone here is a billionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    SC, WC, and Diablo are all intellectual properties of Blizzard Entertainment, they were from the company prior to their merger with Activision, they aren't owned by Activision Blizzard and they would likely get to keep these IPs. They would probably lose Overwatch with so shaky ends over Hearthstone and HotS.
    Not entirely true. Blizzard has never been Blizzard as a solo entity, so it just matters on how all the contracts were handled from their original owners (Davidson and Assoc.) who owned Blizzard during the time of WC, Vivendi who owned it during SC, WoW and others, and Actiblizz who owned it during OW.

There's quite a good chance that Blizz. Ent. doesn't own a single one of their current IPs because they literally have never been a solo entity during those times.

Who would everyone blame when Blizzard screws up if you remove Activision from the equation?

It'd be far more likely for a whole other company to outright buy Blizzard from Activision, or Activision Blizzard altogether. Apple, Google (Alphabet), or Microsoft, and those are just the most realistic candidates if a theoretical situation like that happened. (I guess if Disney ever wants to REALLY get into the gaming market, they could be a potential candidate as well.)

7+ Year Old Account
    hey guys, what if Elon Musk buy blizzard and make good wow expansions with cat girls on it

0%, but you did manage to make me chuckle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    hey guys, what if Elon Musk buy blizzard and make good wow expansions with cat girls on it
    what if grimes writes the story and music for the next expansion

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^
    For example, the company everyone praises that got bungie out of activision.
    is the company making diablo immortal, a company which makes tons of mobile games.
    Yeah that chinese company everyone praises for buying bungie from activision at the same time giving Blizzard shit for catering to China by banning blitzchung.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Not entirely true. Blizzard has never been Blizzard as a solo entity, so it just matters on how all the contracts were handled from their original owners (Davidson and Assoc.) who owned Blizzard during the time of WC, Vivendi who owned it during SC, WoW and others, and Actiblizz who owned it during OW.

There's quite a good chance that Blizz. Ent. doesn't own a single one of their current IPs because they literally have never been a solo entity during those times.
    As you said it depends on the contracts, the odds favor that Blizzard kept their rights to SC, WC, and Diablo though, especially if they were able to maintain them through Davidson and Assoc. and Vivendi. It's highly unlikely that Blizzard freely gave them up or merged rights with Activision as they had already had similar dealings in the past to maintain their IPs.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Yeah that chinese company everyone praises for buying bungie from activision at the same time giving Blizzard shit for catering to China by banning blitzchung.
    God yes, give me that hypocritical nature. oh yes.. oh f yesssss....
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Even if the community could do so, the community is so divided on what to do, it would drive the company out of business.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    God yes, give me that hypocritical nature. oh yes.. oh f yesssss....
    I said from day one those people were hypocrites. All they wanted to do was hate in Blizzard and be public about doing the thing everyone else was, all while posting from phones made in China from slave labor, or on their computers made with parts from China made with and mined with slave labor.
    Last edited by Beefhammer; 2020-02-01 at 12:58 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Maybe if Jeff Bezos was part of the community and liked Warcraft and then chipped in.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Who would everyone blame when Blizzard screws up if you remove Activision from the equation?
    Yup, god knows Blizzard never made a mistake until Activision Blizzard bought themselves out from under Vivendi. Every game had stellar writing, no bugs, no canceled games, no bad games.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Even if the community could do so, the community is so divided on what to do, it would drive the company out of business.

- - - Updated - - -

I said from day one those people were hypocrites. All they wanted to do was hate in Blizzard and be public about doing the thing everyone else was, all while posting from phones made in China from slave labor, or on their computers made with parts from China made with and mined with slave labor.
    The best.
    the fucking best
    what made me cream myself.
    "Blizzard supporting these chinese companies that abuse their workers and people is insane, i am deleting my account, and wont be supporting them till they stop doing business in china."
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    As you said it depends on the contracts, the odds favor that Blizzard kept their rights to SC, WC, and Diablo though, especially if they were able to maintain them through Davidson and Assoc. and Vivendi. It's highly unlikely that Blizzard freely gave them up or merged rights with Activision as they had already had similar dealings in the past to maintain their IPs.
    Davidson wasn't a video game company, so they really had no reason to keep the ips, i don't even know the exact conditions of that (sale, merger?) but Vivendi and Activision MERGED which means that anything that Vivendi held would come right along with it.

There's a very strong chance that Acti-Blizz owns all the IP from both Activision and Blizzard.

The idea of developing telepathy and mind control top heads on Activision is more realistic than a community of gamers buying a company from a big name.