Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Mitt romney gets cancelled from cpac

(Matt schlaep is the head of the conference btw using quations mocking mitt romneys self proclaimed stances.)
    Man cancel culture has really taken over the left...oh wait thats the largest conservative conference disinviting mitt romney ( he literally ran against obama i dont think hes a secret liberal) because he voted to approve witnesses in the impeachment trial.

so much for the only one side having "purity tests" i hear about constantly

CPAC is just a massive cult meeting anyway and Romney is being exiled from the cult for not falling into line.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    CPAC is just a massive cult meeting anyway and Romney is being exiled from the cult for not falling into line.
    i feel really bad for him being principled, he warned us about russia when he ran in 2012 we blindly believed the cold war was over, well putin had a different idea, and instead of subverting his values to russia like other republicans he decided to be principled and stand for things like national security conservatives use to, i guess in todays cancel culture environment, he had no place in the party of trump where you have to swear total loyalty to the emperor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    i feel really bad for him being principled, he warned us about russia when he ran in 2012 we blindly believed the cold war was over, well putin had a different idea, and instead of subverting his values to russia like other republicans he decided to be principled and stand for things like national security conservatives use to, i guess in todays cancel culture environment, he had no place in the party of trump where you have to swear total loyalty to the emperor.
    *slowly blinks*

Mitt Romney has always been a piece of shit and it's honestly mystifying to me that y'all are willing to give people like him and Bush Jr a pass simply because they aren't quite as manifestly loathsome as Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    *slowly blinks*

Mitt Romney has always been a piece of shit and it's honestly mystifying to me that y'all are willing to give people like him and Bush Jr a pass simply because they aren't quite as manifestly loathsome as Trump.

i can disagree with bush and romney on policy, taxes, spending, but the trump gop has become so much about absolute power, and doing things to harm or "trigger the libs" and they are willing to accept foreign governments help in their goals, mccain, bush, and romney atleast believes in core principals of democracy that have been abandoned completely and i would rather have one of them as president by a long shot.

My parents are watching fox right now and its amazing how full on propaganda mode fox is in right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    You would the Right would be glad they with their performance in the Impeachment trial...

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    That didn't take long.

Just remember, Republicans, this is the Party of Trump now. No traitors allowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Conservatives really do love themselves some KancelKultur.

I'm betting a $50 hamberder that Romney grovels his way into their good graces by next week. All has to do is dogwhistle some Dixie for 5 minutes. Shouldn't be to hard for a former birther and "self deporter".

Hold the ketchup, its too spicy for Willard.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    *slowly blinks*

He's not not a piece of shit, he's just less of a piece of shit.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Conservatives really do love themselves some KancelKultur.

I'm betting a $50 hamberder that Romney grovels his way into their good graces by next week. All has to do is dogwhistle some Dixie for 5 minutes. Shouldn't be to hard for a former birther and "self deporter".

Hold the ketchup, its too spicy for Willard.
    That image of Mitt/Trump. it certainly looks like his eyes are screaming "Help get me away from this madman."

10+ Year Old Account
    i can disagree with bush and romney on policy, taxes, spending, but the trump gop has become so much about absolute power, and doing things to harm or "trigger the libs" and they are willing to accept foreign governments help in their goals, mccain, bush, and romney atleast believes in core principals of democracy that have been abandoned completely and i would rather have one of them as president by a long shot.
    Novel thought: How about we have neither and put them both in a gulag in Siberia where they belong?

This is how you get normalization of bullshit. By constantly excusing lowering the bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Meh he is just as bad as the rest they are drawn to power as soon as Trump won he groveled. The only reason Romney got a hate boner for Trump is because he decided to humiliate him after the groveling. It could be he didn't grovel enough I mean look at Ted Cruz Trump took his manhood, insulted his wife and dad but Ted went on his knees to beg the master. Perhaps Romney didn't lower himself enough.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    My parents are watching fox right now and its amazing how full on propaganda mode fox is in right now.
    I think it's time you child-proof your cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    That didn't take long.

Just remember, Republicans, this is the Party of Trump now. No traitors allowed.
    Yes absolutely. But we shouldn't be so quick place Romney and Collins on a pedestal (which of course you're not doing). It seems like a year ago, but its important to remember that last week Romney and Collins voted against hearing from Michael Duffey and Robert Blair, people who would be at nearly equally damning to Trumps case. It was only the high profile nature of the Bolton story that appeared to have shaken them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    Yes absolutely. But we shouldn't be so quick place Romney and Collins on a pedestal (which of course you're not doing). It seems like a year ago, but its important to remember that last week Romney and Collins voted against hearing from Michael Duffey and Robert Blair, people who would be at nearly equally damning to Trumps case. It was only the high profile nature of the Bolton story that appeared to have shaken them.
    A bartender friend of mine invented a new drink.
    The customer sits at the bar for 2 hours trying to decide what to drink. After a lot of independent consideration they declare, "I'll just have whatever Mitch is having".

I guess the virgin version could be call the Mitt.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    I guess the virgin version could be call the Mitt.
    I did hear from a friend (I don't drink) that their bar was now calling White Russians "Moscow Mitches".

Before you give him more credit then he deserves Ronmey's 2012 warning was closer to cold war fear-mongering then actually warning about Russia. Which is why he wasn't really taken serious. Ronmey ran a campaign that would have been fine 40 years ago which is why Obama could make fun of him, having said that though Trump runs his military exactly like how Ronmey would.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    An accurate description.
    There are no moderate right-wingers just less asylum crazy. When fear of something is the driving force behind your political ideology the only way to win your next election is to double down on last years crazies. We literally saw Trump do this with that caravan and he stopped talking about that stupid thing the day after the 2018 election.

Poor Mitt. His tongue wasn't brown enough for Trumpemberg.

i feel really bad for him being principled
    Is he though? He's constantly flip flopping on Trump when it comes to a lot of stuff. One moment he goes against the president and the next he's all buddy buddy with him like the first thing didn't happen.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866