View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    The original game was like a 9/10 and at worst this is an overpriced visual upgrade with some performance issues. I don't know how many points you realistically expect someone to subtract for that, but it certainly shouldn't tank scores. 6/10 (3 points deducted) seems fair to me.

I mean, barring performance issues, I'd still rather replay the Reforged version than the base version, personally. Not that I bought Reforged, but I've got no problem snagging it on sale in 10 months when the bugs have presumably been worked out.

- - - Updated - - -

It may be a mess but it's not like Blizzard is putting all their eggs in this basket. This is not Fallout 76 level disaster. It's a bad HD remaster of a 15 year old game.
    Well...you WOULD be right, except they did more than release a bad HD remaster. They retroactively destroyed the ORIGINAL Warcraft 3. They removed graphics options that the original game had, and are holding those behind a paywall. You effectively have to pay AGAIN to get back JUST what you had before this crap released.

If you own the original CD's and can install from that, there are ways around this. You can go to one of the many mirrors out there that host old patches, and get the latest patch that does not have any of this garbage, and use that. But even so, you cannot ever click the battle.net button as it will "update". You get single player and LAN ONLY, multiplayer has been disabled except for the "new" downgraded client. If you bought it digitally from battle.net you are screwed as you cannot access the original game without pirating it. This is FAR FAR worse than anything Bethesda did. Yes, Fallout 76 is a disaster. But it doesn't uninstall Fallout 4. Imagine if it did, and that is the level of shitshow this is. It's illegal in a lot of places, and I hope that countries like Australia that have consumer protection laws nail them to the wall. Valve had to pay millions of dollars in fines for refusing refunds in Australia, and Blizzard is now doing the same thing (they have even told people that "we don't have to obey your laws because we're in the US" - yeah good luck with that).

I personally have the original CD's...I'm going to hang onto them, they could be worth something eventually (as I uninstalled all Blizzard products from every device I own back in Nov 2018). I'm just enjoying the firestorm. Blizzard is a shit company now, and I enjoy it every time something happens to harm the company. I am having a pizza party when Activision shuts them down. Which they will do when their name gets toxic enough, just like EA did to Visceral. And it's getting to that point. Blizzard is now known for low effort shovelware, and releasing half baked products for full price.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2020-02-01 at 03:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Nope, youre wrong. Theyre reskins, on the same engine as original WC3, so that you can play with people, without Reforged, on bnet.
    Do you consider WoW's new player models "nothing more than reskins"? I'm asking because, during WoD, you could pick if you wanted to play with the old models or new models, and the change didn't even require a restart of the game to be applied, as far as I recall. I could play the game using the new models, while my party member was using the old models on his game.

By your claim, that shouldn't have been possible "unless they were reskins and not new models".
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    I made a meme that describes this game perfectly.

nah the Warcraft 3:Refunded meme is the best.

also 0.7 metacritic score now

needs only 0.6 to be officialy worst rated game in history of games (on metacritic)

Personally I’ve had no bugs and it’s Warcraft 3 with updates visuals, which is what I wanted...

I don’t get why so many drama queens are having meltdowns over not getting different camera angles (which is literally all it really was gonna be) on some cutscenes.

It’s feel more of an issue with people fed up with Blizzard and less about the actual game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Personally I’ve had no bugs and it’s Warcraft 3 with updates visuals, which is what I wanted...

I don’t get why so many drama queens are having meltdowns over not getting different camera angles (which is literally all it really was gonna be) on some cutscenes.

It’s feel more of an issue with people fed up with Blizzard and less about the actual game.
    I personally do not have a horse in the race, but I think it comes down to people getting wow'd by the announcement, pre-ordering it, and then not paying attention to any of the announcements / developments until now.

Them using 'reforge' and 'remake' in their marketing of the game certainly did not help people that expected a huge update to the experience / game
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

Quote Originally Posted by jstnw89 View Post
    I personally do not have a horse in the race, but I think it comes down to people getting wow'd by the announcement, pre-ordering it, and then not paying attention to any of the announcements / developments until now.

Them using 'reforge' and 'remake' in their marketing of the game certainly did not help people that expected a huge update to the experience / game
    I don't disagree the argument they had bad marketing and lack of communication with the community. They for sure deserve backlash, but being the worst rated game in Metacritic history (or close) is a tad dramatic. Not to mention if you read peoples criticism its mostly mindless complaining and exaggerated drama.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2020-02-01 at 06:01 AM.

**17 YEAR OLD SPOILERS **

Oh wooooow. Has anyone talked about the updated Arthas vs. Illidan cutscene at the end of TFT? That is horrendously bad.

I find it hard to believe that anyone signed off on that and thought that it actually looked good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexosaurus View Post

Oh wooooow. Has anyone talked about the updated Arthas vs. Illidan cutscene at the end of TFT? That is horrendously bad.

I find it hard to believe that anyone signed off on that and thought that it actually looked good.
    I've heard a few folks talking about that. It's very bad.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

I feel like people wished to get new content and fooled themselves. They got hyped about an old game with updated visuals thinking it was the next warcraft 4. Saw a few people on YouTube videos commenting about how great the game was since they never played before. The negative feedback is purely from people who already cleared the campaign years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Blizzard will continue to support the game and add features. Certain features were obviously cut for legal reason and others because it's 2020 and not 1998 anymore. If people are paying an playing the game then people are enjoying the game. The people I've watched and the people i know who grew up playing it are enjoying it, and yes the new remastered look and upgraded units.

The biggest complaint I found so far is them updating the old clients, but the other option would have been for them to cut it out completely and forced people to buy the new game in order to play with people who bought reforged.

I'm not saying it's perfect, and I would have like them to go full high fidelity cinematic cut scenes. I'm saying the review bombs and people pointing to them as proof is just a giant circle jerk and you're only really convincing yourself of your own opinion.
    i never wanted to play the new game. I DIDN'T ASK FOR THE NEW GAME. I WANT TO PLAY THE OLD GAME THAT I PAID 60$ FOR BACK IN 2002. to me this is just you trying to convince yourself that your right and everyone else is just a hater.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't disagree the argument they had bad marketing and lack of communication with the community. They for sure deserve backlash, but being the worst rated game in Metacritic history (or close) is a tad dramatic. Not to mention if you read peoples criticism its mostly mindless complaining and exaggerated drama.
    and what about those that have the physical copies but are FORCED TO 'UPGRADE' TO A GAME THEY DON'T WANT?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Do you consider WoW's new player models "nothing more than reskins"? I'm asking because, during WoD, you could pick if you wanted to play with the old models or new models, and the change didn't even require a restart of the game to be applied, as far as I recall. I could play the game using the new models, while my party member was using the old models on his game.

By your claim, that shouldn't have been possible "unless they were reskins and not new models".
    do NOT get me started on wow's atrociously botched new player models.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    Just... can't agree on botched, the horde side models are much better than the blocky models of old.

7+ Year Old Account
    More like someone saw it and said "it'll have to suffice, we're approaching deadline and we already secured a bunch of preorders. Some players will probably even defend it!"
    “Whatever malice you carry I can match with seething fury.” ─ Nokonda
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i never wanted to play the new game. I DIDN'T ASK FOR THE NEW GAME. I WANT TO PLAY THE OLD GAME THAT I PAID 60$ FOR BACK IN 2002. to me this is just you trying to convince yourself that your right and everyone else is just a hater.

- - - Updated - - -

and what about those that have the physical copies but are FORCED TO 'UPGRADE' TO A GAME THEY DON'T WANT?!

- - - Updated - - -

Is is permanent that you can't play the old one? I doubt it. Probably just launch issues, chill out. You and the 10 other people that all of a sudden are mad you can't play a 20 year old game you've "actively" been playing will likely be able to soon.

Is is permanent that you can't play the old one? I doubt it. Probably just launch issues, chill out. You and the 10 other people that all of a sudden are mad you can't play a 20 year old game you've "actively" been playing will likely be able to soon.
    I honestly don't know what people are talking about. The launch screen has changed but my version still has old models and my matchmaking works fine /shrug. Maybe they have changed some of the video options, but i honestly wouldn't remember.

It's a 20 year old cutscene. They didn't "redo" it completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrot82 View Post
    so now if i go to download the old wc3 on my computer i no more have the old game right?there is no way to update the cd copy at least to 1.29 for have a widescreen video?
    It is presently possible to obtain from Blizzard the copy of the last 1.31 Public Test Server version, which can be activated offline without Battlenet with a legitimate cd key (ie, like old versions of the game), which is useful if you want to play the campaign. It won't be useful for online play. However, you might have to look elsewhere for the instructions. I don't know how the mods would feel about a step-by-step.
    Last edited by Janaa; 2020-02-01 at 07:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    I honestly don't know what people are talking about. The launch screen has changed but my version still has old models and my matchmaking works fine /shrug. Maybe they have changed some of the video options, but i honestly wouldn't remember.
    People are just being drama queens and irrationally whiny. I think it has more to do with a huge lack of trust in Blizzard, than any actual issues with the game itself.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2020-02-01 at 07:52 AM.

It's permanent, unless you actually have the old cds to install from, in which case you won't be able to update past patch 1.27 - the last version with offline patches. Every patch after that was pushed through Battlenet. Unfortunately, 1.29 (after 1.27 ) is the patch which brought in widescreen, so folks who want to play original version are stuck with 4:3 graphics (technically, they can use widescreen resolutions, but the 4:3 aspect ratio graphics just stretches to whatever your resolution is.)

The only update available through Battlenet is to version 1.32 - a 29gb download. If you're installing or updating through Battlenet, you can't just play the original version of the game. From here on out, its just Reforged running in "classic" graphics mode. They didn't undo this change for folks who were unhappy with them doing the same for Starcraft, so no - it's not just launch issues. They're not going to roll that back.

Strictly speaking, in Starcraft its not as much of an issue as as long as you maintained your installers, the last offline version was virtually identical to the last online version before remastered, so those folks can just go back and play the offline version just fine. However for Warcraft III, there were dramatic changes and fixes between 1.27 and 1.31, so either you play a very old version of the game in 4:3, or you play Reforged in Classic graphics mode - which is not by any means identical to actual classic (which is what half the complaints are about - the other half being about the changes to game modes, custom games, matchmaking, bugs, etc).

Personally, I'm not too fussed. I don't appreciate the graphical and colour changes in "classic" mode, but it's not a game-breaker for me. More annoying is a 29 gig download to play a game which was originally 1.5 gig, and a fair chunk of my SSD. However, I only play campaign, and aren't too upset about 4:3 aspect ratio, so if I was forced to (such as, didn't have space or time to download reforged client), I'd happily play 1.27. And I know you were tongue in cheek - but some of us still do play the old game. I last did a playthrough 6 months ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

Even if it's like that, the game itself runs horribly and isn't optimized for the high res models - to a point where you get 30-60 fps on high-end PCs
    The whole thing is kinda pointless when it doesn't run properly... and it most likely never will due to the issues with the game's engine.
    Many custom games and map ideas in general have become unplayable if you use the new graphics.

It's just missing polish everywhere, and people are fed up with that too. Even if they somehow fix X and Y, that's simply a no go considering the development of the whole thing. It's too obvious that they didn't put enough ressources into it and it really shows.

and well... the stratholme cutscene had way more than just new camera angles too.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-02-01 at 09:13 AM.

it is permanent that they change the dubbing of every unit, hero and campaign voice except in english and not make any ways to use the old dubbing or to separate Language text from audio like they make in other game like sc2 or heroes

- - - Updated - - -

yes that's the problem
    at the moment you have only 3 solution if you would just play offline campaig
    fresh install with 1.27 with the widescreen issue
    29 gb with isntalla not reforged version with change dubbing if you not play in English
    install the ptr version that have 1.31 patch with the old version complete with all campaign at least until they close that
    but for now for offline work great i think is better to make a copy of that for the future when they close that

of course some one have an old version on some pc, the issue is you cannot patch that or change Language in a old installation