View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I'm struggling to remember even ONE game from late 90s/early 2000s on my PC or PS2 that had "game breaking" issues or actual major bugs. I'm struggling to remember even "minor" bugs, but I'm sure they existed and I just wasn't aware.

Most games I can remember pre-digital download or "patch broken stuff" era are:

Mechwarrior 3
    Starcraft
    Age of empires
    Sims
    IDK... plenty of others.

Any game I bought I never had issues installing it, running it, or having it crash on me, and I didn't even have a PC with a discrete gpu until like... 2005.
    Gaming climate was different than it is now. With how big both gaming and internet has become even the slightest inconvenience gets voiced as a bug that everyone should know about. It's simply a lot more noise now that makes lots of small issues bigger than they are, so it seems like it's more of an issue now even if it's the same as "back then".

I personally can't remember any other game I bought or played that has game breaking bugs except WC3:RE. Many games have people talking about how gamebreaking they are however.

The only thing "more complicated" about games now is a bunch of garbage shit that isn't as important as gameplay, like graphics and/or overly complicated systems, such as the addition of bullets as actual projectiles with collision, etc.
    I like how you list a gameplay feature being superfluous and over complicated when saying the should focus on gameplay...
    Bullet collisions is how war games have managed to mimic travel time and trajectory drop. A pretty praised mechanic that has enhanced war games immersion and gameplay significantly.
    I can't recall that feature causing bugs however. They might have wrong values which makes it feel awkward, but that's not a bug, that's just poor design.

It's also weird how you make it seem like gameplay hasn't changed from late 90's, early 2000's and it's just everything around it that has... are you kidding me? You sound like someone who uses the term "Back in the old days things were immensely better" unironically while you seem to not be that knowledgeable in games or development in general, yet make quite big statements of it. Which makes it hard to take you seriously, especially when you contradict yourself.

You don't think that DOOM 2016 have improved FPS gameplay compared to late 90's? All they did was updating graphics and make "complex" systems(systems WHICH ARE gameplay)?
    Tomb Raider reboot have much more complex and praised gameplay than 90's equivalent.
    Resident Evil 2 Remake has much more complex and praised gameplay then the 90's version.

That doesn't mean the older games were bad, but saying gameplay hasn't evolved and become more complex is just disingenuous as hell.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2020-02-01 at 09:57 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Probably because it didn't destroy the old game by existing.
    Well, yeah. By playing with an unofficial mod. Playing it online is pretty much a bloody mess, when using only "official" game software.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexosaurus View Post
    **17 YEAR OLD SPOILERS **

Oh wooooow. Has anyone talked about the updated Arthas vs. Illidan cutscene at the end of TFT? That is horrendously bad.

I find it hard to believe that anyone signed off on that and thought that it actually looked good.

Arthas running and flying at the end is hilarious.

So now people are saying its a memory hog because the menus are actually a chrome web app running in parallel for an always online menu. Is that a widespread joke or is that actually another layer to this shitshow?

https://twitter.com/colincornaby/sta...73101312753664

Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    So. Just finished playing all campaigns and I really enjoyed it. Of course, if they remade all the cutscenes and added few more dialogues it would've been better but overall, it's pretty cool - updated Dalaran, Silvermoon (yellow flowers in front of the main gates was a very cute touch), Tomb of Sargeras, Capital City, Orgrimmar, Ashenvale and everything else, it looks very good and fresh. I'm not a big fan of RTS so I won't play it again probably but I understand that I bought it specifically for the campaigns and it was worth it.

I mean, I paid 60 euros for Nintendo Switch games why can't I pay 30 for hours of favourite campaigns?
    That was cool, yes. I like how they put the yellow flowers to be coherent with the scene from Warbringers Sylvanas. All the map remakes in general were very good, with Silvermoon being my favourite remake.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post

LMAO
    Fuck blizzard, garbage company.
    That is the most l-o-fucking-l moment I've had in a while. That feeling when the menu of your game costs more than the game itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Personally I’ve had no bugs and it’s Warcraft 3 with updates visuals, which is what I wanted...

I don’t get why so many drama queens are having meltdowns over not getting different camera angles (which is literally all it really was gonna be) on some cutscenes.

It’s feel more of an issue with people fed up with Blizzard and less about the actual game.
    I personally don't care about different camera angles or even cut-scenes.

I just don't like that they changed that we can't make new accounts(accounts are now tied to the battle.net ones), we don't have clans, we don't have custom campaign and the UI is just working worse.

New models? Fine.
    Not giving us promised scenes/whatever? I don't care, seriously. I just wanted to play the old game with upgraded graphics(that's all), but it's not old game, they've changed it.
    Deleting old things? That's just a bad move.
    And Blizzard deserve the criticism it gets now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dien-Ap-Sten View Post
    That is the most l-o-fucking-l moment I've had in a while. That feeling when the menu of your game costs more than the game itself.
    I would have understood that if the UI was somehow good, but it's a disaster(the chats, being unable to whisper to other people or leave rooms). It looks even worse than the original one.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2020-02-01 at 12:49 PM.

So. Just finished playing all campaigns and I really enjoyed it. Of course, if they remade all the cutscenes and added few more dialogues it would've been better but overall, it's pretty cool - updated Dalaran, Silvermoon (yellow flowers in front of the main gates was a very cute touch), Tomb of Sargeras, Capital City, Orgrimmar, Ashenvale and everything else, it looks very good and fresh. I'm not a big fan of RTS so I won't play it again probably but I understand that I bought it specifically for the campaigns and it was worth it.

I mean, I paid 60 euros for Nintendo Switch games why can't I pay 30 for hours of favourite campaigns?
    That my opinion to.. so far played 5 hours and enjoyed it. Just think 30 Buck was abit to much with the missing stuff in MP. Should have been 20 or just delayed it more
    Last edited by Schalde; 2020-02-01 at 12:51 PM.

Casual reminder for defenders that a lot of the hatred Blizzard has earned is from people like me that were perfectly willing to keep their heads down and continue playing the original before they nuked it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post

LMAO
    Fuck blizzard, garbage company.
    Wow...I didn't buy into this, so I have no stake in this crap (I'm just enjoying it the way you would marvel at seeing a 26 car pileup and not being part of it - I've been boycotting Blizzard entirely since Nov 2018.), but it keeps getting worse and worse. My Warcraft 76 meme seems to be spreading too, I like it. Some good news too, it's now the worst rated game EVER in Metacritic history.

I think it was a mistake to release RoC and TFT together. They probably should of taken their time on each one

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Casual reminder for defenders that a lot of the hatred Blizzard has earned is from people like me that were perfectly willing to keep their heads down and continue playing the original before they nuked it.
    Must it always be so black and white? Can't there be some nuance?

Just because you acknowledge the scummy behaviour of Blizzard doesn't mean you can't enjoy the campaign and bring some positivity to the forum.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I think you can still play it from the same launcher, there are just some problems with custom maps and campaigns but I bet they will be fixed in the future.
    Nope. I literally spent my time before work getting errors everytime I launched. Even after repairs and installs.

I spent no money and lost a game for it. This is the newest low, but I'm sure someone will outdo this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    Wow...I didn't buy into this, so I have no stake in this crap (I'm just enjoying it the way you would marvel at seeing a 26 car pileup and not being part of it - I've been boycotting Blizzard entirely since Nov 2018.), but it keeps getting worse and worse. My Warcraft 76 meme seems to be spreading too, I like it. Some good news too, it's now the worst rated game EVER in Metacritic history.

As a comparison anthem sits at 4.0 and fallout 76 at 2.7, omegalul
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    Must it always be so black and white? Can't there be some nuance?

Just because you acknowledge the scummy behaviour of Blizzard doesn't mean you can't enjoy the campaign and bring some positivity to the forum.
    I can't enjoy the campaign as the game I didn't pay money for took that away from me.

I thank you for telling me I'm not allowed to be upset by this. Can I burn your computer and demand money from you for it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Because as shitty as those games are...they didn't retroactively destroy good ones. This wouldn't have been nearly as bad if ALL they did was release a shitty remake. But no, unless you have original disks, and know how to find mirrors of old patches on the internet, they made it so you can't even play the original. And another point, you can no longer play online with the original (it's all been deactivated). Single player and LAN only. Though there are tools to both use LAN play over the internet with friends, and even battle.net 1.0 server emulators you can set up. Most people are not going to know how to do any of that though, you have to be pretty tech savvy. For MOST people, the original game has been completely removed.

I'm gonna link a couple things here for folks that want to keep the original Warcraft 3 alive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PvPGN
    https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/f...uages-windows/

Blizzard hasn't removed the old patches from their FTP site yet.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2020-02-01 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Once again. A game being underwhelming to bad is one thing. It's existence destroying a superior game is a whole nother level of disgust inducing failure.

That's weird, I just switched ingame from new graphics to old ones and it's all good. I suggest you maybe update your system and drivers and close some background apps, usually it helps.
    Hmm. Maybe it's that whole "They destroyed the old game " part multiple people have been telling at you "Everything is fine" types.

What part of "They destroyed the original game I was content to play" do you not get? I'm not spending 30 dollars to KEEP WHAT I ALREADY HAD!

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I just refunded mine, no issues or questions asked.

Took around 24h
    That's interesting. Congratulations on getting your refund. I've heard that it's really tough, and not everyone gets one.

Have they changed their stance on this ? Are they now refunding everyone who requests for it ?
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator