View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    Not really accurate. What about me, who likes some aspects of Reforged while also not agreeing with everything Blizzard does? Sorry, I won't fit in your labels.
    No. The phrase hate culture was your mask dropping. Good try, though.

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Could you provide a link with screenshots instead, or at least a timestamp to where the side-by-side maps are for in that video. I really REALLY loathe HeelsVsBabyface, and don't want to contribute to him whatsoever or watch 11+ minutes of his insipid stupidity. Note: I'm not saying he's wrong on this subject - I just want as source that's a) faster to get to to see the screen differences, and b) I really just can't stand that jackass git. ;P
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiKDyv55zLg shows some side by side maps reforged vs original
    turn off the sound, use scroll to skip to where he shows side by sides

back in 2003 into 2005 i used the WC3 FT world editor to do 4 player and 6 player custom maps. which i submitted to sites, where they tested, inspected using the world editor before being put up for public use or download.

the new maps appear misted, blurred, smoked, shadowed to get rid of old 2003 style graphics rather than actually improve them, to make grass dirt blend into dirt pathways, block roads, etc. in doing so, graphics are worse. trees are not more detailed, they made them worse. its not a matter of nostalgia, or rose tinted glasses because players were playing 2002 WC3 and 2003 WC3FT right up to 2020 WC3 re-release. Blizzard removed the original WC3 from Bnet

there are players out there that have the original WC3 - FT, which can be played without Bnet and offline. maybe they can post some side by side screenshots.
    Last edited by pinkz; 2020-02-01 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    No idea, but the only move to save some face would be to essentially roll back the entire thing and allow people to download and play the pre Reforged state, then come back with Reforged once everything is fixed.

Wouldn't solve the "controversy" with the choice of design as far as graphics is concerned, but i think that train left town during the planing phase of the project already.

But that's unlikely to happen, but the most likely thing to happen is that they come around and say "we're sorry".
    I mean, Blizzard has basically become BP from that Southpark episode, fucking things up and then moving to a bigger fuckup.
    While I would love for them to walk this back, I doubt it would happen. It'd be a further humiliating admission that a game from 2002 is a superior product to what they can put out.

But it would put at least one fire out to do so.

3+ Year Old Account
    I see the hate-train hit hard again.

Blizzard haters get pathetic day by day.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

the haters are nowhere near as annoying as the 'Blizz can do no wrong' bootlickers

Quote Originally Posted by keelr View Post

I like Classic, I'm excited for Shadowlands and I was hyped for Reforged. Except that I found out the latter is garbage.

Imagine having an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I like Classic, I'm excited for Shadowlands and I was hyped for Reforged. Except that I found out the latter is garbage.

Imagine having an opinion.
    You are not allowed to dislike or even criticize Blizzard or any of their products.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2020-02-01 at 03:01 PM.

Not as pathetic as blizzard drones who will defend even broken products simple because they come from blizzard.
    hope that the filthy rich company see's this bro, they will suck your dick eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppen View Post
    the haters are nowhere near as annoying as the 'Blizz can do no wrong' bootlickers
    They are pretty close to each other tbh.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Fucking haters ruining another game, right?

Oh, they didnt make the game, that was Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    They are pretty close to each other tbh.
    I agree.

The only problem I have with that situation is calling haters people who are criticizing Blizzard for serious things, like deleting things that were working fine in previous Wc3(UI, tournaments, custom campaigns etc).

There's a difference between being a hater and being a customer that expect a finished game... or a veteran that hopes nothing will be changed in the game that he played for >15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Fucking haters ruining another game, right?

Oh, they didnt make the game, that was Blizzard.
    Fucking haters deleting Wc3:ROC/TFT content, such as clans, better UI, tournaments, custom campaign and also are spreading their FPS-drop machines all over the world!
    I hate when they do such a thing!!! Expecting a proper, finished game?????? Delusionals! They wanted their old game to not be broken? Idiots!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    hope that the filthy rich company see's this bro, they will suck your dick eventually.
    They will probably give 5% discounts on the WoW subs.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2020-02-01 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    No. The phrase hate culture was your mask dropping. Good try, though.
    Not really. "Hate culture" isn't an insult or ad-hominem, it's just a phenomenon. Basically, as you can see in this thread and you yourself did, it's when you try to shut down other people for having a different opinion.

In our case I was explaining to you that it is not accurate to use the term "defender", because a lot of people are nuanced, they like some aspects of the game while agreeing with a lot of the criticism. Even the so-called "defenders", "fanboys", "shills" don't believe the game is perfect.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Ever wondered why the Pit lords in Warcraft 3 had beards but lacked those in cinematics and WoW?

Reforged solved that mystery for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    was expecting the same game i played years ago, only updated graphics and seems that's what i got, so yeah i love it.
    Same opinion here
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Nope. Love the new character models, especially Arthas and Tyrande.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I was never actually planning on buying Reforged, but people advocating for the old one made me want to dig up Ol' Reliable WCIII again and give it another go only to hear, whoops, they broke it. (Or only the multiplayer/modding scene, essentially? I could use details.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I was never actually planning on buying Reforged, but people advocating for the old one made me want to dig up Ol' Reliable WCIII again and give it another go only to hear, whoops, they broke it. (Or only the multiplayer/modding scene, essentially? I could use details.)
    You can still play it if you install it of the CDs, but you can only ever patch it to a certain point (avoid modern bnet). Biggest issue is that this point is before they implemented the widescreen mode patch, that only came out as a bnet only patch. You can play it in lan etc, but afaik the old client no longer works for MP via internet.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    You're good as long as you're fine with staying offline and refuse to update it in any fashion other than manually patching the whole thing.

But online play is not happening unless you choose to play on some private servers.

https://twitter.com/colincornaby/sta...73101312753664

I've been trying to figure out why the main menu performance on Warcraft 3 Reforged is so bad.

It ends up the whole main menu is a web app running on Chrome.
    Exquisite work, blizzard! Some amateur level shit right here.

LE: Seems this was already posted a few pages back, my bad!
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2020-02-01 at 04:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    it just gives me a something went wrong message.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.