Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why can't we go back and kill C'thun and Yogg Saron?

In the old lore, it used to be that old gods shouldn't be killed because they were so intertwined with the planet, that killing them would cause massive devastation to the planet.

Lo and behold, we have killed (or at the very least, killed his body) the ostensibly strongest old god, with no apparent old changing consequences. How about we go back and finish off his two weaker cousins? We're also far stronger. Should be a piece of cake, right?

Both Cthun and Yoggsaron are dead. They were also both more powerful than N'zoth

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    In the old lore, it used to be that old gods shouldn't be killed because they were so intertwined with the planet, that killing them would cause massive devastation to the planet.

Lo and behold, we have killed (or at the very least, killed his body) the ostensibly strongest old god, with no apparent old changing consequences. How about we go back and finish off his two weaker cousins? We're also far stronger. Should be a piece of cake, right?
    N'zoth is the weakest.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Both Cthun and Yoggsaron are dead. They were also both more powerful than N'zoth
    Ah so there are no more giant Cthulu monsters with their tentacles wrapped around Azeroth? Nice!

The old lore was never that killing old gods kills Azeroth. It was the Titans' fear of damaging the world because of what happened with Y'saarj. They ripped him out, themselves. Then the titan keepers were too cautious, and wanting to study, their prisoners instead of kill them. The manacles C'thun and Yogg were shackled in separated them from the world soul. Presumably, same with N'zoth.

Ah so there are no more giant Cthulu monsters with their tentacles wrapped around Azeroth? Nice!
    I guess their corpses are still wrapped around Azeroth. I'd imagine that can't be great for the planet either.

7+ Year Old Account
    They said that we are just like antibodys aka very precise striking at the right thing (their brain) instead of what the titans did and just ripped them out in 1 go.

And yes they´re all dead, that was stated multiple times again and again bcs someone can´t accept that they´re dead bcs of their headcanon.

World of Warcraft lore is dictated by real life politics and drama, they can't adhere to even the most basic of rules in the lore anymore. How N'zoth was handled doesn't make sense so I wouldn't try to make sense of it.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tocoman View Post
    World of Warcraft lore is dictated by real life politics and drama, they can't adhere to even the most basic of rules in the lore anymore. How N'zoth was handled doesn't make sense so I wouldn't try to make sense of it.
    In what way is wow’s lore dictated by real life politics or drama?

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    They said that we are just like antibodys aka very precise striking at the right thing (their brain) instead of what the titans did and just ripped them out in 1 go.

And yes they´re all dead, that was stated multiple times again and again bcs someone can´t accept that they´re dead bcs of their headcanon.

Ehh, I don't think it was ever confirmed that we killed C'thun or Yogg Saron.

I think we just bested them.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Lorewise false. They are both very much alive, Yogg even makes a pseudo appearance in the BFA prepatch quest chain when you get sent to Ulduar with Magni and Brann summoning faceless with his iconic green mist.

Now to the OP if I had to guess, since Mythic phase isn't known yet and we know that Mythic is the only canon lore as said by Blizzard, I'd currently like to think that N'zoth wins and we actually die and that's how we end up in the Shadowlands in the first place to carry over into the next expansion. With the following expansion being a world revamp for old gods where N'zoth actually controls the world. Maybe a time skip or even WoW getting rebuilt on a new engine to make a carry over "WoW2" in a sense. This is what I hope anyway, I don't think it's likely, I just don't want to believe that Blizzard ruined the Warcraft franchise in under a month with 8.3 and Reforged.
    Last edited by Zyky; 2020-02-01 at 07:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FanaticDreamer View Post
    Ehh, I don't think it was ever confirmed that we killed C'thun or Yogg Saron.

I think we just bested them.
    Nope several blueposts have stated again and again that they´re dead.

The old gods are alive whenever writing demands it, one could call it schrödingers poopoopeepeelodo paradox.

Pretty sure N'Zoth's destruction didn't damage the world because:

A) He wasn't actually in the world but in an alternate reality.

B) We didn't just rip him off in a crude way like the titans did, but we basically used a clean and precise engine to fry his brain and consequently disintegrate his body without rippint anything..

They also said BfA isn't an old god expansion.

I can understand why you are confused. FIRST they said" it actually not killing them , it was only a part of them" and then later, they went back to "oh yea that eye was totaly the whole of the old god"

They are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by jam52090 View Post
    They also said BfA isn't an old god expansion.
    Source.

If they need to state crucial information like that in dev posts, that's terrible writing IMO.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FanaticDreamer View Post
    If they need to state crucial information like that in dev posts, that's terrible writing IMO.
    They stated it in a comic originally but that comic or atleast parts of it are non canon now.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    In what way is wow’s lore dictated by real life politics or drama?
    King Mechagon is clearly a Trump insert. "Once he was a visionary, now driven mad".

He has orange skin / well paint job, and blonde yellow hair / cap

Prince Erazmin leads the "resistance" which is a callback to catch-phrase of the democrats to "resist" Trump.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-02-01 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Received Infraction
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.