Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Irony of Life, Panda play with Zandalari and Mogu, cause this is World of Disneycraft and we always can be friends

" Gilbins give off the vibe that they don’t do to well out of water for long periods. "

This argument has long been dismantled since for one, many gilgoblins have been seen living on land areas for extended periods of time and 2.

https://imgur.com/YIgTW2f
    https://i.imgur.com/eTYxyAr.png
    https://i.imgur.com/KNI3uGY.png

All of the unshackled leaders are found at the durotar shoes in 8.3 just hanging out there which is as anyone would know a scorching desert.
    Last edited by RayoftheSun; 2020-02-01 at 02:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post
    What do you think MechaGnomes are?

Worgen is the other
    But on Alliance side, when recruiting the Mechagnomes, it was Alysa Cloudsinger (or whoever that panda was that has the hots for Ji) that sent us to them.

Also...have not traveled past Org lately, so I’ll need to check that out.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Mogu mindset fits the Horde more.
    maybe, but their concept of empires and emperior, with big cities and so could fit the alliance well,

if you see worgens, you would maybe say they also would fit the horde, then i safely say mogu coudl work very well with the alliance, actually giving then some variation

And gilgoblins would indeed just be another mechagnome debacle. At least ankoan are only night elves in skeleton (which can be mended with a few unique anims), gilgoblins are literally sea goblins.
    gilgoblins are very cool with all the water theme, i would not mind then since they allied with the horde.

I'd rather we got Mok'nathal so that Horde could have Ogres of reasonable size, and Alliance got Vrykul so we could have a large barbaric race of our own.

Quote Originally Posted by raz98 View Post
    I'd rather we got Mok'nathal so that Horde could have Ogres of reasonable size, and Alliance got Vrykul so we could have a large barbaric race of our own.
    Well, Mok'nathal are something that'd probably be separate to the story at hand, like Dark Irons and Mag'har. Mok'nathal could be paired very well with Broken as an Outland race set.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    maybe, but their concept of empires and emperior, with big cities and so could fit the alliance well,

if you see worgens, you would maybe say they also would fit the horde, then i safely say mogu coudl work very well with the alliance, actually giving then some variation

gilgoblins are very cool with all the water theme, i would not mind then since they allied with the horde.
    Yes. They really are heavily underrated. I think a lot of it has to do with their lack of model updates, but they literally have every reason to join the horde that Vulpera do and practically already have. They just aren't playable.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    It is fairly obvious that they work on allied races when they have downtime in the patch cycles. They may be holding them back to some degree to release strategically, but given that the team would have mostly gone from 8.3 -> shadowlands there would be less downtime than there was in 8.2 -> 8.3, for example.

Plus an 8.3.5 allied race would burn people out on leveling right before a 9.0 level squish and new leveling for the next expansion. Not a great idea strategically.
    That's why I think two allied race for pre-patch would be great idea, especially if they designed them early for 8.3.5 before it was scrapped.

Personally I still have 6 more allied races to level (from Mag'har to Mechagnome), so on pre-patch I'll just take trip through all expansions and get all my chars to 50 (hopefully Blizz isn't stupid and heritage armor will unlock on 50, otherwise they would lock it for people for 4-6 weeks).

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    What signs would you expect? We've got the plot, we've got two blank spaces on the allied race screen
    That isn't evidence we are going to be getting anymore Allied Races before Shadowlands or even during Shadowlands.
    They literally just copy the Banner from the main races over. Don't read too much into that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    If you look at character creation and banners in embassy, there is clearly spot for one more. Also we have 2 H/A races - Worgen and Undead - without "their" allied race.

Maybe they were planned for 8.3.5. But since it's scraped, potential new races would be great idea to encourage people to try new levelling system.
    They literally just copied the Banners from the main races, I wouldn't look into that too far. Also, they have stated Allied Races will continue beyond BfA, but maybe not immediately for Shadowlands. The "two extra spaces" isn't evidence we should be, would have been or could be getting more allied races now. Blizzard being lazy and just copying the banner is a simpler explanation.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I think we would seen updated Mogu and Jinyu models at this point if they were slated to become playable.

I think anything from BfA is finished in terms of ARs. At best we might see some new ARs in 9.1

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    There's no reason why Vulpera should be an Alliance faction. None whatsoever.
    Nightborne, on the other hand should have been like Pandas, and cross-faction. Having them go Horde-only was an incredible asspull.
    It was forshadowed, albeit poorly and not very believable. The fact that the player character is a hero to their people alone should have negated everything Cuntande did and then some. A similar case can be made for high-mountain tauren, which frankly also only joined the horde because they look more like them, here there wasn't even an attempt to create some plausible case for why they wouldn't go with the faction of the guy that united their tribes and saved their collective asses 10 times over.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by raz98 View Post
    moknathal are all but extinct, ogres already are reasonable size

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    Faction balance basically, Vulpera are popular. The Alliance has gotten the short end of the stick with allied races. Alliance got:

Fat Humans, Ash Dwarves, Robo Gnomes, Corrupted Blood elves, and Shiny Draenei.

Horde got:

Brown Orcs, Antler Tauren, Superior Trolls, Civilized Night elves, and Fox people.

In other words, the Horde got an entirely new race, while Alliance only got minor edits of existing races, and both factions got a cross-faction race, but the Horde one was an improved and well-established version of an existing race, while the Alliance Void elves were an utter ass pull with little lore or culture.
    Alliance got an entirely new rig with Kul Tirans, i'd say that goes beyond ''minor edit''

Superior Trolls also stop being superior when you realize they're just another Night Elf reskin, i guess if you really think about it both sides are pretty equal with what they got

as for the thread topic: nobody wants to play as a fishman or draenei rig

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    There's no reason why Vulpera should be an Alliance faction. None whatsoever.
    Nightborne, on the other hand should have been like Pandas, and cross-faction. Having them go Horde-only was an incredible asspull.
    Nah the Arcan'dor should have never turned the Nightfallen back into Nightborne. It's retarded that it somehow can revert them and yet it doesn't revert them back into Night Elves when many were born Night Elves. It should have just cured their addiction/need of the Nightwell. Then one faction could have gotten the Nightfallen and the other Nightborne. You could have npc Nightborne who helped the Nightfallen join them in the faction and maybe some Nightfallen npcs join the Nightborne but Horde would only beable to make a Nightborne and Alliance Nightfallen(or vice versa). You could then have storylines on how the Nightborne didn't want the Nightfallen around because they are hideous and many people feel guilty for turning others in/not helping them/reminding them of what could have happened to them/etc... and the Nightfallen could have left Suramar because they feel like outsiders now and feel betrayed by the majority of the Nightborne as well as having a different view of life after their experience.

a world of full of races lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    bruh dont we have enough races already.. its getting fuckin cluttered with all these different races around ;/
    Trump and his border patrol said the same thing.

Anyways are 100% wrong. In a fantasy MMO with alot of worlds and continents, dozens of races are wanted in order to make the game world feel alive, no ones forcing u to be all the races, would be nice if all the races were playable, u see pirates and explore co. having various races tht we are barely getting, in vanilla explore co. had goblins and dark iron, now we have both. Bfa dungeon had pirate hozen, ogres and vulpera. we now have vulpera. hope someday hozen and ogres. with all the complaining about having allied races, it make blizz slow to release them, insteaf encourage them and u will have ogres and murlocs naga ect in no time. btw we save queen azshara in ny'alotha, shes sorta on side so playable naga in the future are very possible if players stop complaining about underwater zones. Also lore is being set up for playable murlocs, in the past xpacs we been setting up a friendly murloc faction with the hero murky, also the hearthstone murloc archeologist is now canon in mekagon and uldum atm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    What signs would you expect? We've got the plot, we've got two blank spaces on the allied race screen
    3 actually,
    the allied race that chooses a faction will be tortollan, Jeremy feasel said so and also they are proven warriors with ancient knowledge anf history to both side, their reason for choosing a side is basically which stories or extra knowledge they can obtain from each faction while contributing their skils and knowledge.
    P.S. all the pandaren events in pandaria this year started including tortollan, including the microholiday of the return of the wanderers festival which is now combined with pandas and turtles since the pandas ride on huge talking turtle islands and tortollan see those turtles as their gods, the two races seem to be mingling now and with mechagomes xmog limits, the tortollan shell problem is no longer a problem, also mop gave a pandaren battle pet for collectors and BFA gave a tortollan one for some reason.
    Last edited by redfiredrake; 2020-02-01 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I see no reason to have the Mogu join a faction, at least for now, and in the Horde? well it would be weird, mainly cause their closest connection with the Horde, is those that have worked with the Zandalari, but we got rid of them when we fought Zul, so i find it really unlikely.

I actually think is easier to justify them to join the Alliance, because of their titanic heritage and the titanic heritage of many of the Alliance race, also Magni at least have a connection with Raden, so IMHO is more plausible.

Note: If the Mogu do become an Horde race, i would like them to come with the Vrykul as an Alliance race

- - - Updated - - -

BTW yes, give me Ankoan, tie them together with the Jinyu too
    Why would Vrykul join the Alliance?

Quote Originally Posted by RayoftheSun View Post
    " Gilbins give off the vibe that they don’t do to well out of water for long periods. "

This argument has long been dismantled since for one, many gilgoblins have been seen living on land areas for extended periods of time.

All of the unshackled leaders are found at the durotar shoes in 8.3 just hanging out there which is as anyone would know a scorching desert.
    shadowlands patch can include the afterlife for sea souls like bringing back helya, alao can bring naga allied race for alliance, and mermaidgoblins for horde

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    High elves and Vulpera should have been for both.
    Mogu clearly fits best in the Horde.
    But ... the Alliance invaded Vol'dun in 8.1, set fire to vulpera caravans, threw a bunch of merchants into shackles, and used magic to actively force the rest to abandon their livelihoods (aka their caravans). All because they took jobs from the Horde. At no point did the Alliance even try diplomacy with anyone on Zandalar. Y'all just marched in and decided, "Oh, the Horde's been here first and none of the locals look remotely like a human, an elf, a dwarf, a gnome, or a draenei. Better attack everyone."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Why would Vrykul join the Alliance?
    Lore reasons?

Well... IDK, i could find excuses, like a group of the Varlajar joining forces with the Alliance as they saw their "VALOR!" and saw that the Horde lacks that (maybe because of what happened between Sylvanas and the Valkyr Queen), also the titan connection between the races make unite them, or just a forgotten clan that escaped long ago from their people when their king wished to get rid of all their "deformed" childs (the humans).

Note: I personally think that the Varlajar thing already shipped off (as it was a whole expansion away, and Sylvanas is not part of the Horde anymore -that may not mean that much, as the Forsaken still are-)

Note2: I also think that they would be a nice addition to the Alliance, bringing a culture that's more common seen in the Horde (not completely though) and making one of those really popular races into the Alliance would make people feel less "angry" about their selection.

Quote Originally Posted by redfiredrake View Post
    3 actually,
    There is no white banner on the Allied Race screen. They could easily add it, but my argument was that there are currently two blank spaces on the existing allied race banners.