View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    I see we have reached the period where the brand defenders reach their only recourse by spouting about a unified worldwide cabal of 'haters' that have somehow reached back in time to create all these flaws and design decisions to spite themselves rather than sing the products praises with objective facts about the quality of said release. Almost like "b-but its actually the customer thats at fault!" is the ironic last gasp of a "brand identity=my identity" hardcore loyalist who does not want to do anything beyond screech that everyone saying anything critical shuts up because criticism of product is a direct attack on them by an illuminati level worldwide organisation targeting their videogames.

The fact thats now the default kind of says something about what they think but dont want to acknowledge themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    The fact thats now the default kind of says something about what they think but dont want to acknowledge themselves.
    These fanboys would go through all the trouble defending an egregious horrible lazy bad "Remaster" of an 18 year old game made by a company (with over 4500 employees) that apparently are just as incompetent as J. Allen Brack's pathetic apology.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-02-01 at 05:13 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I was never actually planning on buying Reforged, but people advocating for the old one made me want to dig up Ol' Reliable WCIII again and give it another go only to hear, whoops, they broke it. (Or only the multiplayer/modding scene, essentially? I could use details.)
    Battle.net for the original game no longer exists, and if you attempt to use it, your client will "update" to a crippled version of Reforged that has graphic details locked out. Graphic details that were in the original game. Basically, they take most of the game away, and say "if you pay us another $30 you can get back about 75% of what you had already". Disgusting. That said, I have two links that will help out people that want to go back to the original game, and even have multiplayer/modding in it.

https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/f...uages-windows/ This is a list of patches (Blizzard actually hasn't removed the old patches from their FTP site yet as of this posting, so right now you can still use those, if they do remove them then did a little deeper on the page for mirrors).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PvPGN This is basically in layman's terms a "battle.net emulator". (It supports a lot of things in addition to battle.net but one thing it does enable is Warcraft 3 multiplayer.) You don't necessarily have to run a server yourself, just edit your client to connect to a PvPGN server instead of battle.net...it won't "update" to the crap new version, and you will have basically what you had before (though probably with fewer people as this is a fairly tech savvy thing to do).

Ppl: "We really want to play classic WC3"
    J.Allen Brack's response: "You think you do, but you don't"
    2 years later: "WC3 classic is coming, preorder now for 30$"
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

So, basically, I had to pirate WC3 to be able to continue work on my custom campaigns.

/slowclap Blizzard

Got my refund accepted, even with some played hours (~2-3).

Reddit has even more fun stuff - tooltip referencing Beta, "Waiting for host" message in the campaign and unability to save/load in single player custom games.
    You are basically hosting a multiplayer game all the time, even in single player. It just keeps getting worse and worse.
    And it impacts everyone without Reforged too, which is something defenders forget. Yes, Reforged is not the worst game out there, but... One of the promises was that original game owners will not be impacted. Guess what, they are.
    About the shadows without Reforged (meaning not owning it, not the graphics switch), it is unclear right now whether graphics really got worse when you dont have reforged, so I am split on that one.
    P.S.
    But Blizzard just keeps silent...

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Ppl: "We really want to play classic WC3"
    J.Allen Brack's response: "You think you do, but you don't"
    2 years later: "WC3 classic is coming, preorder now for 30$"
    He said that about Classic WoW, not WC3. If anything, players were asking for WC4

Also, Blizzard wasn't actively stopping people playing WC3, unlike classic servers.

Thirdly, WC3:R is (was) supposed to be a total remake graphically, cinematically, ect to make it a modern-day game. That's the thing people hate the most that they didn't deliver on is that it's basically WC3 with just better skins, not better cinemas, animations, resolutions, ect... For Classic Servers, we got the "no classic+" people demanding the exact same game with no visual update whatsoever.

Lastly, he was actually kinda right. the predictions of lots of players leaving 3+ months from Classic's release came true.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2020-02-01 at 07:21 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    How low can it go?!

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    He said that about Classic WoW, not WC3. If anything, players were asking for WC4

Also, Blizzard wasn't actively stopping people playing WC3, unlike classic servers.

Thirdly, WC3:R is (was) supposed to be a total remake graphically, cinematically, ect to make it a modern-day game. That's the thing people hate the most that they didn't deliver on is that it's basically WC3 with just better skins, not better cinemas, animations, resolutions, ect... For Classic Servers, we got the "no classic+" people demanding the exact same game with no visual update whatsoever.

Lastly, he was actually kinda right. the predictions of lots of players leaving 3+ months from Classic's release came true.
    They are actively stopping people from playing WC3 now. And I think you missed the point of the person you posted. It's using Brack's quote about classic WOW to make fun of the shitshow that is WC3 Reforged, and making MORE fun of Blizzard by saying they would charge money to get back what you already had.

7+ Year Old Account
    In all fairness, I think a lot of the revamped in-game models/assets look acceptable -- some even impressive. Technical issues, screwing up W3 classic and scummy terms of agreement deals all aside, my main issue is that Blizzard has the nerve to advertise this product as having +4 hours of reforged in-game cutscenes and then showcase Culling of Stratholme as an example hereof on their main webpage. That's what baffles me the most. That and the asking price which is not at all in line with what you get.
    “Whatever malice you carry I can match with seething fury.” ─ Nokonda
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspark View Post
    How low can it go?!

They are actively stopping people from playing WC3 now. And I think you missed the point of the person you posted. It's using Brack's quote about classic WOW to make fun of the shitshow that is WC3 Reforged, and making MORE fun of Blizzard by saying they would charge money to get back what you already had.
    ...oooooHHHHH!!! Gotcha. >_<

I literally just wrote another post saying how it's hard to tell sarcasm from reality today! ;P (In this case, Blizz Zealots from True-Blizzard Fans)

so if i not have installed the old war3 and would play a campaign and customs campaing:
    - i must installa reforged with that ultra bug and perfomance menù with all that bug, 30gb download and no customs campaign
    - if i would download from blizzard it force me to download reforged
    - if i install my old legacy copy i can install only the patch 1.27b without the widescreen monitor and without any possibility to upgrade until 1.29 where there is that support

and the best in alla of this is if i play the reforged one they change all the language dubbing in every language excpet english so if i play in italian i'm fucked because they not give the possibility to change with old voice like promise.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    nah the Warcraft 3:Refunded meme is the best.

also 0.7 metacritic score now

needs only 0.6 to be officialy worst rated game in history of games (on metacritic)
    Say no more friend, it's 0.5 now.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokonda View Post
    In all fairness, I think a lot of the revamped in-game models/assets look acceptable -- some even impressive. Technical issues, screwing up W3 classic and scummy terms of agreement deals all aside, my main issue is that Blizzard has the nerve to advertise this product as having +4 hours of reforged in-game cutscenes and then showcase Culling of Stratholme as an example hereof on their main webpage. That's what baffles me the most. That and the asking price which is not at all in line with what you get.
    Blizzard said it's due to feedback from their testing that the players were all calling for keeping the OG voice actors and not re-doing the scenes because it meant they'd have to get new voice actors. So basically they chose not to do a revamp because of the mainly OG W3 players hooting and hollering about "muh authentic voices".

No way to prove that it's true or false but it's the statement Blizzard gave. But the fact that most people (like me) who've never played through WC3 and are enjoying the campaign vs the vast amount of WC3 veterans talking about wanting their original version of WC3 back and hating the revamp because of multiplayer issues makes me believe Blizzard's statement is true.

Where Blizzard fucked up all around imo is making the two versions one, they should've just made Reforged its own thing so that OG WC3 is still there for all the "muh voices" peeps.

What this should show is you don't try to make something to attract new people while taking feedback from veterans of a game. Because typically the veterans don't want any changes and have set expectations, whereas new people to the product have no expectations or very little.

Like the campaign plays perfectly to me, and I'm loving the new models. I would not play through original WC3 without this revamp even if it was free. So the price for me is justified, despite the more superior (new cutscenes/landscape changes etc) it could've been.

Yea because having options in teh game sound files is just unheard of/

lol

What are you talking about. This is a terrible cash grab that killed what was left of wc3. RIP custom games

Can play other languages i think they might manage to make it so you can have the old and new voice actors.

I apparently seem to be the only one not having a problem with WC3:Reforged. It's well worth $30 IMO. Seems comparable to the Starcraft remake.

this is so sad and blizzard is being really scummy for some reason. I suppose ill have to wait until they release a patch and fix everything to start playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    I apparently seem to be the only one not having a problem with WC3:Reforged. It's well worth $30 IMO. Seems comparable to the Starcraft remake.
    And I have no issues with my regular WC III, so I really don't know what is going on with people /shrug.

Hav'nt bought Reforged, not downloaded any update to bnet, so my intact copy of WC3 still exists.

Whoa, im not banned yet MMO? Come on, chop chop, infract me.
    Last edited by Reyuna; 2020-02-01 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    And I have no issues with my regular WC III, so I really don't know what is going on with people /shrug.
    The internet is a fickle beast, and negativity breeds negativity. Nothing is more appealing to the online hordes than taking down the perceived beasts of the gaming world. Is it a perfect product? No. Is is nearly as bad as people are saying? Also no.

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    Nope. I played the original wc3 + tft and now a few missions of reforged. It's what I expected .. same game just with better graphics.
    No idea how screwed owners of original only and custom games are screwed since they don't affect me.
    Truth be told, original came out nearly 20 years ago ..