Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    oh I don't doubt you, I doubt the Youtubers.

But before even you boycot blizzard over this, make sure to check this out https://www.reddit.com/r/HongKong/co...atrocities_in/
    Ah good, I went through that list, and I don't have anything from any of the companies involved. Not even Cisco. My high end network equipment is Ubiquiti.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    Yeah, he got his money back and the ban was reduced which is great. I'm talking about the initial punishment, it was too harsh that even Blizz apologized but you still wanna defend it ... what's your problem? You enjoy seeing people suffer or something? You sad Blizz reduced it?
    it is what the rules dictate be done, but after applying it decided it was too harsh.
    he still deserves to be punished, but they agreed with many it is too harsh.

i think the original was a good amount, but some dont.
    he knew what he was doing, and still did it.

i dont enjoy seeing people suffer, but he knew the rules, he knew he would be punished, and he did it anyways. so you get the punishment you earn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    For them to grow a spine and cease doing doing business with countries with long lists of human rights violations.
    So you live off the land right? a man isolated from everything.
    cause i guarantee you, every single fucking thing you buy, does business with china.

also you must be some racist if you think the people of china, who have nothing to do with its corrupt goverment do no deserve to play blizz games.

why punish the people of china who love blizzard games, simly because you dislike their goverment?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ght=blizzchung

91 pages of "non-caring". (though I side with @Wildmoon in this thread who called it "fake outrage")
    It always was.

- - - Updated - - -

For them to grow a spine and cease doing doing business with countries with long lists of human rights violations.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not about having no consequences for breaking the rules. It's for the fact Blizzard only punished him because they were afraid it was going to cost them financially. It wasn't about upholding rules. It was about protecting their bottom line.
    So then you have no smartphone, no computer or electronic products, and nothing made in any east or SE asian countries correct? I mean if you are demanding Blizzard to stop doing business with them have you? At least lead by example instead of being a hypocrite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    sounds like something a bootlicker would say
    Sounds like something some who superficially cares about the situation but it enough to actually make any real sacrifices to help.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Tbh, i thought this thread would be locked within an hr by the mods (or at least moved).. but people are still posting 8 days after i made it.
    Did you want a cookie?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Do we need to perpetuate every outrage ever? It was spineless of Blizz to do it, but he did break the rules, and it's sorted, leave it. Moving forward relies on not living in the past, or up one's ass when it comes to corporate businesses.
    This. No one is actually going to make the sacrifices necessary to make the Chinese government take notice and change.

10+ Year Old Account
    did i forget him ? no
    but can i do anything for him solo? sadly no
    am i willing to do something for him? yes but not alone, or i just f8ck myself for zero reason
    should method done something like that? if they have morals yes
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    did i forget him ? no
    but can i do anything for him solo? sadly no
    am i willing to do something for him? yes but not alone, or i just f8ck myself for zero reason
    should method done something like that? if they have morals yes
    Ah yes, the fake moral high ground argument rears it's ugly head yet again.

Not sure if you people realize this yet, but your 10 seconds of internet fame for being fake-upset about Blitzchung is over. We've moved on to being fake-scared of the Coronavirus.
    Last edited by Sithalos; 2020-02-01 at 09:18 PM.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Tbh, i thought this thread would be locked within an hr by the mods (or at least moved).. but people are still posting 8 days after i made it.
    i got ban i think 4 times for same reason
    i wonder what happened
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Yes.

Nobody cared about Hong Kong in the first place, people cared about twitter attention.

Now that defending Hong Kong is no longer cool, people don't give two shits what happens there.
    This is really on point.
    It was funny to watch all the internet divas screaming bullshit around Blizzard over nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, but i still trash blizzard-act for every video they put out and reminding them. Same goes for Ea and the lootboxes in battlefront.

People want to believe in powerful beings, such as God, Hitler, Chairman Xi and Blizzard.

No one cares about little guy.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    So you live off the land right? a man isolated from everything.
    cause i guarantee you, every single fucking thing you buy, does business with china.?
    Blizzard is unique in it does not have to do one iota of business with China to be profitable. They can be profitable just doing business right here in the US. ANd I can buy everything from Blizzard that isn';t from China because it is digital. And no you are not isolated simply because you don't do business with China either. There are many more countries than China in the world that they do business with. So, we can end that strawman right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Carona is the focus now.
    Why are we focusing on Mexican beer?

Nobody sensible gave a shit when it was current news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

7+ Year Old Account
    They can be profitable just doing business right here in the US.
    no they cant.
    for example we look to the warcraft movie, it was a profit, and did even better then the detective pikachu.
    but if not for china it would be INSANE in how low it would be profit wise.
    blizzard could not survive as is with just the USA profits.

no they cant.
    for example we look to the warcraft movie, it was a profit, and did even better then the detective pikachu.
    but if not for china it would be INSANE in how low it would be profit wise.
    blizzard could not survive as is with just the USA profits.
    It would have to restructure itself and likely make itself smaller. But it is asinine to claim that Blizzard absolutely cannot be profitable without China. It absolutely can. But that would require the CEO's and upper management to have lighter wallets and we know that is all they care about.

7+ Year Old Account
    It would have to restructure itself and likely make itself smaller. But it is asinine to claim that Blizzard absolutely cannot be profitable without China. It absolutely can. But that would require the CEO's and upper management to have lighter wallets and we know that is all they care about.

"blizzard fires 3000 staff members, and betrays their hundreds of thousands of fans in china, what happened to blizzard, do they care about their fans anymore?"

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post

Did you want a cookie?

I wanted to see if people still cared about something that seemed to be a big deal a while back, I wasen't massivly into the discussions myself, But it seemed important... I think? So just wanted to see if it was still a thing or just the outrage culture, where people are mad for a few days and then let it go.

"blizzard fires 3000 staff members, and betrays their hundreds of thousands of fans in china, what happened to blizzard, do they care about their fans anymore?"
    Maybe those "fans' will finally wake up and realize what an oppressive regime they live under.Blizzard wouldn't be betraying them .Their government would be because they would be the reason Blizzard ceased business. They likely create MORE fans in the process for actually being morally responsible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe those "fans' will finally wake up and realize what an oppressive regime they live under.Blizzard wouldn't be betraying them .Their government would be because they would be the reason Blizzard ceased business. They likely create MORE fans in the process for actually being morally responsible.
    So what your saying is
    "You chinese need to rise up and leave your country or revolt, or you don't deserve to play blizzard games"

idk if you know, but most citzens of china have no control over what their goverment does, nor do they have the choice but to live there, and you willingly wanting to punish them is kinda jerky.

and no, only a sick twisted fuck would think abandoning the innocent civilians of china to stick it to the countries goverment is "Morally responsible"

or should blizzard leave america and do business EVERYWHERE ELSE because trump is leading the U S of A

10+ Year Old Account
    If anybody ever really thought that people actually cared about that stuff, they're delusional.
    It was just a trend on twitter, reddit and some other social media, no one really gave a shit about the whole situation.

So what your saying is
    "You chinese need to rise up and leave your country or revolt, or you don't deserve to play blizzard games"

idk if you know, but most citzens of china have no control over what their goverment does, nor do they have the choice but to live there, and you willingly wanting to punish them is kinda jerky.

and no, only a sick twisted fuck would think abandoning the innocent civilians of china to stick it to the countries goverment is "Morally responsible"

or should blizzard leave america and do business EVERYWHERE ELSE because trump is leading the U S of A
    No that is not what I am saying. What I am saying is that I refuse to to business in countries that oppress and abuse their people the way they do. There is no law written that requires me to do business in that country so I am in no way punishing them and I am no way abandoning them. I am in fact standing up for them and their rights and not an enabler of the human rights violations like you and Blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    No that is not what I am saying. What I am saying is that I refuse to to business in countries that oppress and abuse their people the way they do. There is no law written that requires me to do business in that country so I am in no way punishing them and I am no way abandoning them. I am in fact standing up for them and their rights and not an enabler of the human rights violations like you and Blizzard.
    So your idea of somehow sending a messege that you disagree with the chinese goverment...
    is to punish an american company doing buisness with the chinese people?

So your idea of how to get at the chinese goverment
    is to surpress the chinese people?
    what?

idk if you know, but stopping xin the poo from playing overwatch is not suddenly gunna stop china from being the way it is.
    The chinese people are not gunna open their computers to see they cant play overwatch anymore then suddenly go "THIS IS WHAT WE NEEDED, TIME TO REVOLT AGAINST OUR LEADER!"

Cause here is the thing, you say "You dont agree with companies doing buisness with a country that abuses and opresses its people"
    idk if you know, but the entire country does not do that, its the goverment that does that. the people are just those who are being mistreated.
    yet when a company does buisness with them, they are doing buisness with those people...

Blizzard, and other companies selling products to chinese people are not selling it to their goverments, they are selling it to their people.

so again, why do you think the innocent chinese civilian, should be punished for what their goverment is doing.
    do you think american's should be punished for what their goverment does?
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-02-02 at 03:57 AM.