Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You realize you don't have to be in a world first guild to not be consider casual, right?

Any guild who wants to push mythic in general is going to be looking for that edge at ANY point.
    And it's very possible to just keep drawing the short end of the stick.

Mind you, corruption was supposed to fix the issue of titanforging, instead it just added an even bigger swing
    I do realize that, yes. But, that said, if you're not running for WF, you have time. You might have bad luck (I know I have plenty in the past), but it just doesn't feel like as big of a deal as everybody's making it sound. *shrug* nothing against you personally, here, just perplexed why everybody feels like we should be 100% bis geared this early into the patch.

I feel like blizzard is corrupt enough already, as is

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    I do realize that, yes. But, that said, if you're not running for WF, you have time. You might have bad luck (I know I have plenty in the past), but it just doesn't feel like as big of a deal as everybody's making it sound. *shrug* nothing against you personally, here, just perplexed why everybody feels like we should be 100% bis geared this early into the patch.
    Eh, the fact that he wanted "utility only legendaries" shows that he's not on the same page as us.

I'm in it for fun, and if that means I can get an item that increases my damage by 20%, that's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Eh, the fact that he wanted "utility only legendaries" shows that he's not on the same page as us.

I'm in it for fun, and if that means I can get an item that increases my damage by 20%, that's fun.
    Yeah. My gauge is, "Was it easier to solo elites/rares today than yesterday?" Progress! The titans we had to kill in Uldum today for the core died after 5 flares instead of 7 the last time I had to kill them. I'm stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    So, are you posting here between pulls with Limit or Method? Shouldn’t you be more focused on getting that 12/12 world first right now?

And for what it’s worth on this forum, I enjoy corruption as it exists. I’ve already had to make the hard decision to cut something down. Thankfully it was only a +6 haste buff.
    Oh fuck that you can enjoy getting gear as well it's not illegal. You can enjoy working on parse to see where you're skill wise as well. There is more to the game than downing content. Some people enjoy gear and there is nothing wrong with it. Expecting serious players to be altruistic while lfr players can bitch about gear and get what they want is a dumb mindset.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

They could have, but they didn't.

But I'll still take it over TF, especially since it's tied to this patch.

Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    Oh fuck that you can enjoy getting gear as well it's not illegal. You can enjoy working on parse to see where you're skill wise as well. There is more to the game than downing content. Some people enjoy gear and there is nothing wrong with it. Expecting serious players to be altruistic while lfr players can bitch about gear and get what they want is a dumb mindset.
    I agree with you 100%. My problem is with wanting it immediately with the launch of the patch/raid. Not saying you do, just there are those who seem to expect it

The main issue with corruption is balance. Right now, unless you get one of the top 2-3 effects, you're screwed, to the point where M+ groups are actually asking you to link your corrupted gear to get invited.

For a DH, single-target sims for individual effects start at 213 dps, and go all the way up to 15k dps, with roughly half of the list below 2k, and only 20% above 5k.

No amount of skill (well, perhaps except at the very high end, top 1% players) will allow you to compensate for an extra 30% dps.
    Last edited by boz0; 2020-02-03 at 02:31 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's better than TF in the mid to long term of the game. If you're one of those few that find yourself in super competitive raiding environment (to which there are few of you probably frequenting these forums), it might be frustrating. Caveat being that those who are super hardcore literally grinded their asses off for 'proper' corruptions prior to mythic raid week, and generally only take characters with decent corruptions. This isn't much different than the raid preparation people took at the start of Legion (which was probably more retarded), where people leveled multiple of the same characters hoping that the first two legendary items they got were decent.

You just have to think of corruption as a resource as in no world is more corrupted pieces (currently) better than just getting a single good one. Tier doesn't matter if you have a few of the good ones scattered among different pieces of gear. You can only run so much, whereas with TF/WF gear you literally want it in every single slot, so there's no downside. As the weeks progress it will mostly even out, but in the short term, it can feel incredibly bad to some players as you need the right corruption in a world where very little corrupted gear actually drops.

I'll take it over TF as the game is essentially limiting how 'lucky' a player can get. If your best corruption is echoing void and some lucky fucker gets it on every piece of gear, he can only realistically wear a total of 3-4 tiers of it (depending on dungeon/encounter). Doing more is absolutely retarded, and in the world of TF, that person would just be incredibly lucky with no downside.

What could they have done better? Mother could cleanse corrupted items in one tier at a time, so that you have a bit more control over the gear you have. Alternatively they could have had an additional resource this patch that just added corruption to your gear of your choosing, but given how they design things these days, that's a bit of a stretch.

Lastly I hope people realize that they aren't suppose to be super balanced across corruptions. Some of them are indeed horribly bad, but the % health ones are 100% suppose to be better for tanks with DPS (depending on what you play) having a few of the stat increase ones being pretty competitive. People should really look at how much damage they gain per point of corruption, instead of overall damage gained from the one that sims the highest. I've ran so many dungeons where keys get destroyed because people running above 40 corruption and insisting that they can deal with thing from beyond consistently.

This is also a patch (for the majority of you not pushing extreme bleeding edge), where you can add a socket to every piece of gear. When 3-5 mask runs become common, you can literally add a socket every week, to week and a half without having to worry about it appearing on your gear.

The system is just stupid.

They got rid of set bonuses so you don't feel the need to keep low pieces equipped and then at the player complaints got rid of titanforging to remove the stupidity of the bullshit rng.

All of that to add a system that brings both of them back. Like getting a low ilvl piece with crap secondary stats but it just so happener to nail the right corruption of the high tier.
    Like getting a fucking normal piece that increases your dps by over 10% over a mythic piece. That is absolutely retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    A) When you cleanse a corrupted item, it should give a resource that can then be used to apply a random corrupt to an item of your choice (each tier costing more of said resource.) This would have made getting bad corrupts feel "less bad" especially from the weekly chest.
    That was my general idea for WF/TF, allow for manual iLvl upgrades like in MoP, or a (re)roll for a tertiary stat/socket.
    But for Lovecrafting, it doesn't feel right to have control over this except to cleanse the item.
    I'd rather remove the "tiers" and bring the effects more in line with each other, so that the feeling of "needing the BiS Corruption" is lessened (people would still whine over minor differences, though)
    It should be more about balancing your level of Corruption, the calculated risk.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2020-02-04 at 12:01 PM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Removing Corruption tiers would drastically improve the system.

I don’t know about you, but personally I don’t need all these systems like Azerite gear, Essences and Corruption. As I see it, these systems are major pains for Blizzard and requires too much attention to maintain and fix.

I would much rather like to see them putting more resources into more playable content. The new Horrific Visions are really fun in my opinion and I would much rather see more content like this than all these gear system. Just give us “simple” gear which is easy for Blizzard to maintain and focus on making high quality content instead!