Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

So, uh... What about the sword?

There is still a sword sticking out of Silithus. It's the whole reason the planet was crying out in pain.

Are we going to.... deal with that?

7+ Year Old Account
    No need. We are all champions of Azeroth!
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Eh, doesn't bother me. Makes Silithus look interesting. It was otherwise a boring, uneventful zone. The sword acts as a reminder of what Sargeras did. Got to remember him somehow, we didn't fight him directly.

na but 4 expacs down the road they'll make silithus look the same again except with a sword coming out of it
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyou
    [Shadowmourne, I went to Icecrown and was hoping for Frostmourne but all I got was this lame axe]

The sword was N'zoth. We just killed him.

Anduin delivered the final blow with our player character.

Sylvanas divided her shoul in two pieces. One of the pieces was N'zoth.

She created N'zoth. She IS the Void.

That's why we must end her in Shadowlands, the realm of the Void Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Eh, doesn't bother me. Makes Silithus look interesting. It was otherwise a boring, uneventful zone. The sword acts as a reminder of what Sargeras did. Got to remember him somehow, we didn't fight him directly.
    Pretty sure the OP is referring to that fact that the world has a monstrous sword stickibg into it, hence all the problems with bleeding azerite; as opposed to whether it looks cool or not

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it was all the evil mojo that caused the pain. It's inert now (we sacrificed our artifact weapons for it), so no idea how bad it really is for Azeroth at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Camelboy View Post
    The sword was N'zoth. We just killed him.

Anduin delivered the final blow with our player character.

Sylvanas divided her shoul in two pieces. One of the pieces was N'zoth.

She created N'zoth. She IS the Void.

That's why we must end her in Shadowlands, the realm of the Void Gods.
    Say whaaaa?
    Last edited by Santti; 2020-02-02 at 03:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

We never saw Arthas actually die. He just vanished. Summoned by the Void Gods.

He's the Jailor. Sylvanas' master.

Arthas will smite Azeroth and kill Khadgar while he's at it. Khadgar will die and he will lose his life.

But the Shadowlands will be the key. Only there can we truly kill Arthas.

But not without Uther. His mentor. That's why we need Chromie.

We have to travel back in time, slay Arthas and save Uther so we can kill Arthas in current timeline.

That will be the final step of Malfurion's plan. He will unleash the Ancients and take over Kalimdor. The tauren will suffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Borvo View Post
    Pretty much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ast1982 View Post
    Pretty sure the OP is referring to that fact that the world has a monstrous sword stickibg into it, hence all the problems with bleeding azerite; as opposed to whether it looks cool or not
    Oh I know, but Blizzard doesn't care about updating things. Of all the things they've yet to update, to me it bothers me the least since Silithus is pretty boring looking without it.

BfA:
    a small dwarf runnin around „omg omg Azeroth bleeds“ the whole xpac. stressy. but we forget about a giant sword. ok.

Shadowlands:
    Sword. No one cares. We are not on Azeroth, at least not at the living side of it. Fuck that sword. Fuck Azeroth.

Xpac after Shadowlands - Intro quest:
    „oh there is that giant sword... eeehrm... *blizzard employee thinks for 20secs* , ah yes, we take the power of that special item you grinded all day long while Shadowlands (hint: its super special and has MASSIVE power) and pulverize the sword with it. you dont need the item in this xpac, so its destroyed, but saved the world blah blah blah, HEY welcome to Xpac after Shadowlands.“

This is Blizzard writing. I assume in such a way this will happen. But ofc with way less story and quests than my explanation above. /sarcasm

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Borvo View Post

or just this. sounds legit.

So urm. Bfa is based on azerite. Alliance vs horde trying to gather as much of it as possible to fund their war campaign etc. What happens to azerite after bfa ? both factions just go "neh. I don't need this thing we killed thousands of people over a few weeks ago" Yes, there is peace now between horde and alliance after sylvanus and all that shit. But surely azerite would still be worth a shitton in shadowlands for both factions

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Feel free to explain how the characters will go about removing a titan's weapon of that size. N'zoth didn't put it there so why would killing him remove it? Do they even have something capable of cutting it? What happens when it is cut?

Option A: Shadowlands legendary, go get [something] from Sargeras' sword to make your legendary cuff links.(side note: someone will make a "should we be using powers from Sargeras" thread)

Option B: At some point we'll make the sword a tool/power source for us

Option C: We'll blow it up/teleport it somewhere/shrink it with engineering tech

What I'm curious about is: Is Azeroth round? If so why isn't the other side of the sword sticking out somewhere? Did it not go all the way through? Going off this image

I'd assume the sword is pretty long so it certainly should have gone all the way through. Or is Azeroth massive AF? If Azeroth IS round *takes deep breath* WHAT'S ON THE OTHER SIDE BLIZZ!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Feel free to explain how the characters will go about removing a titan's weapon of that size.
    Probably my option C, get Khadgar some meth and he'll teleport the fuck out of that sword lol.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2020-02-02 at 03:43 AM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

PS: who cares about giants swords when you can FARM CORRUPTION GEAR ?!?!?! yeah baby, fuck that sword shit. uhh uhh baby dance uhh uhh...

[insert imagination of Bobby Kot-Dick dancing like this: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=srH94OR1TbU]

Wait until a redeemed Sargeras pulls it out.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Feel free to explain how the characters will go about removing a titan's weapon of that size. N'zoth didn't put it there so why would killing him remove it? Do they even have something capable of cutting it? What happens when it is cut?
    It falls like a giant meteor and causes more issues. Pulling it out, when it is larger than an Old god by looks of things would cause a new well of eternity like mess without the titans around this time to help turn the massive bleed into the new well. It might actually be for the best to keep it there for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Wait until a redeemed Sargeras pulls it out.
    ah damn it. forget about that. ofc they still have the „big bad void lords, sargeras just wanted to safe us all“ rich high quality story in queue. ofc

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It falls like a giant meteor and causes more issues. Pulling it out, when it is larger than an Old god by looks of things would cause a new well of eternity like mess without the titans around this time to help turn the massive bleed into the new well. It might actually be for the best to keep it there for now.
    That's true. We could cut/break/whatever the upper portion of it then it would just be a flat metal surface, but what to do with the upper portion.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Eh, I kind of assumed it wasn't going to get addressed until at least 9.0 when we sacrifice all the azerite power we've been gathering into the HoA to somehow cauterize the wound with the power that leaked out of the wound or something.

I'm sure they'll have some kind of 9.0 quest line to de-power the neck, essences, and azerite items, like with the legion weapons when we "de-corrupted" the sword, as a plot device to prevent that system from carrying over.