Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Well the only one behind "old content" is EP essence. You cant think of this as black and white that everything added before 8.3 is old content.
    Blizz has set that precedent, though. That's how it's been for some time. You didn't have to go back to the broken shore to grind out rep in order to unlock an extra Relic slot. Nazjatar is old content, Mechagon overworld is old content, EP is old content. Some of the essences from those sources are BiS for a variety of specs. It's also not like we're just talking about doing a relatively short, old story line (i.e. unlocking Concordance, 3rd relic slot). It's grinding stuff that by Blizz's own standards should not be necessary to grind to get relevant power for the patch.

Obviously, not all the essences added in 8.2 are locked behind old content. Op:Mechagon is still current content, Islands, M+, PvP. Those essences are provided by sources players will always be doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reman View Post
    Here is what happens with a 120 boost char just doing the questlines and some WQs:

This is just silly, unlocking rank 1 essences for all alts will open for more character progression instead of regression.

A simple change with no downsides that will open up the progression for all our characters and make the game much more enjoyable.

What are your thoughts on this?
    There are already topics about this. Not sure why you thought we needed another one.

Account wide essences aren't happening. We just got the last major patch of this expansion, and essences aren't going to matter for long going into Shadowlands. This is a dead horse, stop beating it.

He's making a different argument. He's saying that only rank 1 essences should be accountwide, and he justifies it well.

Here is what happens with a 120 boost char just doing the questlines and some WQs:

This is just silly, unlocking rank 1 essences for all alts will open for more character progression instead of regression.

A simple change with no downsides that will open up the progression for all our characters and make the game much more enjoyable.

rank 1 ?

imo all essences on every rank should be account wide since day 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    Blizz has set that precedent, though. That's how it's been for some time. You didn't have to go back to the broken shore to grind out rep in order to unlock an extra Relic slot. Nazjatar is old content, Mechagon overworld is old content, EP is old content. Some of the essences from those sources are BiS for a variety of specs. It's also not like we're just talking about doing a relatively short, old story line (i.e. unlocking Concordance, 3rd relic slot). It's grinding stuff that by Blizz's own standards should not be necessary to grind to get relevant power for the patch.

Obviously, not all the essences added in 8.2 are locked behind old content. Op:Mechagon is still current content, Islands, M+, PvP. Those essences are provided by sources players will always be doing.
    All the Mechagon essences are easier to get. They lowered the rep for the vendor essences and you can even get the essence/sprockets from OM in heroic, which is just laughably easy.

And it isn't like there's a spec/class that breaks down and stops working without the EP essence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    He's making a different argument. He's saying that only rank 1 essences should be accountwide, and he justifies it well.
    It doesn't matter. This is something they're not caving on, they were explicitly clear about their reasons for it, and no amount of redundant whiny topics on MMO-champion is going to change that.

I have close to 2 dozen 120s and every single one of them has a good set of essences. Maybe not all of their 'OMG BEST IN SLOT' essences but, you know, they're alts. I don't need the absolute best min-max-gain 1% dps essence for world quests and the occasional mythic.

Life goes on, I promise.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-02-02 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    I think the idea is, from what I've gathered with people I play with, is Blizz has adopted this philosophy that power gains aren't tied behind old content. You can get the best possible gear in 8.3 without touching old content at all. For alts, this great, as you can join the fray without having to run old stuff. However, essences don't share that. For most essences, and for many their BiS ones, require you to do more than a little bit of old content. This is really only a problem because Blizz has created a precedent, as I've said, that you don't need to do old content for power.
    Eh, but none of it is really old content. All of it is still relative in some fashion to current content. The only ones I would say that aren't would be Memory of Lucid Dreams (8.2 rep), Mechagon Rep, Eternal Palace essence and possibly Ripple in Space. The rest all come either 8.3 content, M+, PvP, a dungeon, etc which can still drop gear that is current for now.

No OP - rank 1 essences are trivial to get.

It is however time for a Rank 4 essence to unlock that essence to be account wide at rank 3.

Reward for effort is superior to just freebies.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

No. Essences shouldn't be account wide ever

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    No OP - rank 1 essences are trivial to get.

It is however time for a Rank 4 essence to unlock that essence to be account wide at rank 3.

Reward for effort is superior to just freebies.
    Having Rank 4 be account wide would be nice since they are a major time investments alone, but as you said only unlock if you have Rank 3. Mainly because I've had Rank 3 Worldvein since you could get it and still have yet to have Rank 4 spawn. Definitely don't want to go through that with all my alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    All the Mechagon essences are easier to get. They lowered the rep for the vendor essences and you can even get the essence/sprockets from OM in heroic, which is just laughably easy.

And it isn't like there's a spec/class that breaks down and stops working without the EP essence.
    None of the rank 3 essences are hard to get. I've never argued that they are. It's more about the time it takes to acquire them, and even with the reduced rep and cost, the time cost is not even close to negligible. Also, this isn't an argument over whether or not a class "breaks down". It's straight up demotivating for someone to want to play (an alt or someone returning since before essences dropped), only to feel forced to grind old content in order to get optimal power. There's got to be some better form of middle ground that what blizz lazily did with Naz/Mech rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Eh, but none of it is really old content. All of it is still relative in some fashion to current content. The only ones I would say that aren't would be Memory of Lucid Dreams (8.2 rep), Mechagon Rep, Eternal Palace essence and possibly Ripple in Space. The rest all come either 8.3 content, M+, PvP, a dungeon, etc which can still drop gear that is current for now.
    No ya, that's what I was saying in my second post. There's still 8.2 essences that are acquired through current content. But it's not an insignificant amount of essences that are tied to 8.2 content. Nazjatar has a possible total of 4 essences (1 generic, and then 1 for each spec), Mechagon has 3 possible (1 for each spec), and Life-force from EP. For certain specs, some of those essences are their BiS (i.e. Fire mage and Lucid Dream).

You think you want account wide essences but you actually do but we don’t care what players think - Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    All of that stuff still takes a big chunk of time, I don't see how it would negatively affect anyone to atleast make rank 1 account wide
    3 hours is a big chuck of time? This is one of the most entitled things that has ever been said on this website.

It negatively affects everyone because this is an item used for power. It is exactly the same as if your main character was allowed to copy their own gear and pass it down to Alts. And when I say copy, I mean that weapon restrictions and armour restrictions don't apply here. Hunter pants copies to pants for every class. A bow copies to a weapon or two for every class.

If it isn't as obvious to some people as it is for people who actually use their brain then there is also the argument of don't be fucking lazy. You don't deserve it

- - - Updated - - -

He justifies it poorly. Showing a screenshot with an explanation on how he didn't do any work at all to get any esscences is not justifying it well. The same failed argument told in a different way is not justifying it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    All of that stuff still takes a big chunk of time, I don't see how it would negatively affect anyone to atleast make rank 1 account wide
    Rank 1 on all the essences but about 4-5 for each spec out of 14 take less than a hour each. Not sure how you get a huge chunk of time. Rank 2-3 requires a little bit more time on some, but not all. Rank 4 and several 3's are the only ones that take "a big chunk of time". So about 70% of the essences you can get take less time, but you think it requires a bunch of time? This also doesn't take into account you only need 4 per spec. Some are really easy to get too.

They have no argument though. All it does is show they put in zero effort to do anything. Rank 1's aren't hard to get at all. The argument they justified is that they are lazy and lazy people should be handed Rank 1's.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2020-02-02 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krewshi View Post
    No. Essences shouldn't be account wide ever
    Why, other than because you say so for some reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Because you need to spend more time playing your characters and grinding out their essences to know how to play that class better

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    You think you want account wide essences but you actually do but we don’t care what players think - Blizzard
    Except they make tons of changes based on player feedback, but people conveniently ignore that when the change they want doesn't happen.

- - - Updated - - -

They have no argument though. All it does is show they put in zero effort to do anything. Rank 1's aren't hard to get at all. The argument they justified is that they are lazy and lazy people should be handed Rank 1's.
    Pretty much this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Because it isn't difficult at all to get most rank 1 essences, that's why. I'm legit curious how some of you even functioned in vanilla/BC etc, back when literally EVERYTHING was done per character.

For me it's actually major reason, why I don't play Wow now. Blizzard want to make enough content to play on one character only? Ok. It's actually great idea and I actually like it. But I've got used to my alts during many months of content droughts in the past. Playing one character only just isn't interesting for me. So, I guess, we need some compromise here. Players, who play on one character only, should have enough content, yeah. But at the same time game should be alt-friendly. And it's actually very easy so achieve this goal. Things just should be: 1) Much easier for alts 2) Account wide. For example some long term grind wouldn't be so bad, if I would be able to simply continue working towards this goal on other character. Problem solved. Remember? Players play the game - not characters. It should be enough content for PLAYER, not character.

Problem is - I don't see any signs of such systems in SL. I.e. currently SL is going to be just another grind-fest. That's, why I don't have any plans to preorder or buy it on release. May be later, if it will be good. Because I really regret buying BFA. I hoped, it would be better by the end of xpack. I made mistake.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2020-02-02 at 06:06 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Rank 1 on all the essences but about 4-5 for each spec out of 14 take less than a hour each. Not sure how you get a huge chunk of time. Rank 2-3 requires a little bit more time on some, but not all. Rank 4 and several 3's are the only ones that take "a big chunk of time". So about 70% of the essences you can get take less time, but you think it requires a bunch of time? This also doesn't take into account you only need 4 per spec. Some are really easy to get too.

I just want to say I agree with you completely. For me WoW is an mmorpg, where character progression is essential. My warlock alt is not my Demon Hunter main. To do an effort on my Warlock and then achieve that goal is what makes WoW awesome for me.

And some of the strongest essences right now are so easy to get. Vision, Worldvein, the new Breath of the Dying(even at rank1 it is fucking strong as a minor), Crucible and the Mechagone ones for each role are easy to get. Mythic+ one too, Focusing Iris.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Testodruid View Post
    "YoU sHoUlD eArN iT iF YoU WaNt iT" the reasoning of the people who dont play alts in this thread lol.
    This patch is the first time in an expansion I decided to not touch my alts because of all the grind included.
    Its nothing more than a way to increase the MAU, anyone who thinks something else is just naive or dumb.
    I have 22 120s, ranging from 425 ilevel to 457, 13 of which have their Wrathion cloak and all of which have at least 4-5 essences.

But please, tell me again how only the people with no alts are the only ones rebutting this lazy and entitled argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I just want to say I agree with you completely. For me WoW is an mmorpg, where character progression is essential. My warlock alt is not my Demon Hunter main. To do an effort on my Warlock and then achieve that goal is what makes WoW awesome for me.

And some of the strongest essences right now are so easy to get. Vision, Worldvein, the new Breath of the Dying(even at rank1 it is fucking strong as a minor), Crucible and the Mechagone ones for each role are easy to get. Mythic+ one too, Focusing Iris.
    Exactly. If I want something for my lock, I will go get it for my lock. I don't sit here screeching 'reeeeeee my lock should have all the stuff my warrior has!!!!'

BFA has a long list of problems - for me it has been the 2nd worst expansion released so far - but having to put in a modicum of effort to get some essences on alts ain't one of them.

edit: fixed the 110 typo
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-02-02 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    we don’t care what players think - Blizzard
    I suspect Blizzard cares what players want... because players themselves can't even work out what they think

Sure - a diet high in sugar tastes good... but it ain't going to be good for you

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.